Texas 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
herodotus
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby herodotus » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I called the ticket office about it a few days ago, and they said they would be sending out an email with all the info about the tickets and what we need to do to get them by the second week of July. If we haven't heard from them by then we should call, but otherwise just wait.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:43 pm

herodotus wrote:I called the ticket office about it a few days ago, and they said they would be sending out an email with all the info about the tickets and what we need to do to get them by the second week of July. If we haven't heard from them by then we should call, but otherwise just wait.


Oh good! I read about the sports pass thingie, then having to get the season tickets and I know theres some sort of law group we can sign up for...but its all sort of confusing.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
herodotus wrote:I called the ticket office about it a few days ago, and they said they would be sending out an email with all the info about the tickets and what we need to do to get them by the second week of July. If we haven't heard from them by then we should call, but otherwise just wait.


Oh good! I read about the sports pass thingie, then having to get the season tickets and I know theres some sort of law group we can sign up for...but its all sort of confusing.


Agreed. I just want my tiiiickets!

Thanks for the info, herodotus!

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby smokyroom26 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06 am

Hi everyone...new TLSer and UT 0L here. Anyone living in Austin already? I am.

User avatar
UTaylor526
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby UTaylor526 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 am

smokyroom26 wrote:Hi everyone...new TLSer and UT 0L here. Anyone living in Austin already? I am.


Welcome smoky! Yes, there are least a couple of us already in Austin (I did my UG here so I've just kind of stuck around! :) ) We will be doing an Austin/TLS meetup in a few weeks so keep your eyes on the board to find out the details.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 am

I'll be moving in 6 days, and then probably be shell shocked and terrified. Never moved so far from home before (from Baltimore, living in DC for the past two years), and I'm doing it completely alone. Eeek!

Moving truck picks up my stuff tomorrow. Put up the reserved parking signs this morning. Oh heavens. Its real.

:shock:

User avatar
M_F_F_L
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby M_F_F_L » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am

Does anyone know if we have already been assigned a UT email address? Yesterday, I met an upcoming student from a different school that had one.

nukelaloosh
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby nukelaloosh » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 pm

M_F_F_L wrote:Does anyone know if we have already been assigned a UT email address? Yesterday, I met an upcoming student from a different school that had one.


You can sign up here:
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby catharsis » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'll be moving in 6 days, and then probably be shell shocked and terrified. Never moved so far from home before (from Baltimore, living in DC for the past two years), and I'm doing it completely alone. Eeek!

Moving truck picks up my stuff tomorrow. Put up the reserved parking signs this morning. Oh heavens. Its real.

:shock:


IM MOVING IN TWOOOO!!!!!!!!! and im COMPLETELY shell shocked and terrified as well lol. seriously.. im scurd. :oops:

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby philosoraptor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 pm

nukelaloosh wrote:
M_F_F_L wrote:Does anyone know if we have already been assigned a UT email address? Yesterday, I met an upcoming student from a different school that had one.


You can sign up here:
--LinkRemoved--
Thanks for this.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
nukelaloosh wrote:
M_F_F_L wrote:Does anyone know if we have already been assigned a UT email address? Yesterday, I met an upcoming student from a different school that had one.


You can sign up here:
--LinkRemoved--
Thanks for this.


I got one and promptly forgot the password. Fail. Also

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

User avatar
UTaylor526
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby UTaylor526 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
nukelaloosh wrote:
M_F_F_L wrote:Does anyone know if we have already been assigned a UT email address? Yesterday, I met an upcoming student from a different school that had one.


You can sign up here:
--LinkRemoved--
Thanks for this.


I am kind of sad we don't get a law.utexas.edu email handle though.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby de5igual » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:
nukelaloosh wrote:
M_F_F_L wrote:Does anyone know if we have already been assigned a UT email address? Yesterday, I met an upcoming student from a different school that had one.


You can sign up here:
--LinkRemoved--
Thanks for this.


I got one and promptly forgot the password. Fail. Also

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD


I did it again so Imma let the beat rock

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 pm

f0bolous wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD


I did it again so Imma let the beat rock


bahahahaha.

Also, bad news guys....from another thread:
--LinkRemoved--

We ranked 55th. Shucks.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby de5igual » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD


I did it again so Imma let the beat rock


bahahahaha.

Also, bad news guys....from another thread:
--LinkRemoved--

We ranked 55th. Shucks.


i'm surprised at these rankings. cornell > ut for partying??!!

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:48 pm

f0bolous wrote:
i'm surprised at these rankings. cornell > ut for partying??!!


For serious. 6th Street + UT Football > Drinking in order to survive cold.

Hey! Look what I found!
http://lunchingwithlions.blogspot.com/

User avatar
sternc
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby sternc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:05 pm

I don't care what that list says. I've been to plenty of those undergrad schools and hung out. Maybe their law school kids are cut from a different cloth, but places like Duke, Yale, Harvard, UVa, USC, William and Mary, Wash U., Cornell, and George Mason do not even belong on the same list as places like UT, UGa, Arizona, Boulder, UNC, Bama, and LSU. I havent been to all the places I just listed, but it just isnt logical to think George Mason is a better place for a party than Austin, Texas. Not that these rankings matter...

User avatar
Estrellas
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Estrellas » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'll be moving in 6 days, and then probably be shell shocked and terrified. Never moved so far from home before (from Baltimore, living in DC for the past two years), and I'm doing it completely alone. Eeek!

Moving truck picks up my stuff tomorrow. Put up the reserved parking signs this morning. Oh heavens. Its real.

:shock:


I love Baltimore! I'm moving from Pittsburgh completely alone as well. I'm already scared and overwhelmed just thinking about it. Let us know how it goes and if you have any advice for those of us far from Austin!

User avatar
UTaylor526
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby UTaylor526 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 am

sternc wrote:I don't care what that list says. I've been to plenty of those undergrad schools and hung out. Maybe their law school kids are cut from a different cloth, but places like Duke, Yale, Harvard, UVa, USC, William and Mary, Wash U., Cornell, and George Mason do not even belong on the same list as places like UT, UGa, Arizona, Boulder, UNC, Bama, and LSU. I havent been to all the places I just listed, but it just isnt logical to think George Mason is a better place for a party than Austin, Texas. Not that these rankings matter...


Just want to point out that my freshman year (2006), UT was ranked the #1 party school. I doubt we have fallen that far...

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby adrib » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 am

Pearalegal wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
i'm surprised at these rankings. cornell > ut for partying??!!


For serious. 6th Street + UT Football > Drinking in order to survive cold.

Hey! Look what I found!
http://lunchingwithlions.blogspot.com/

damn, 2007 was rosy! hehe. thanks, pearal! i like this blog :)

User avatar
UTaylor526
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby UTaylor526 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:07 pm

adrib wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
i'm surprised at these rankings. cornell > ut for partying??!!


For serious. 6th Street + UT Football > Drinking in order to survive cold.

Hey! Look what I found!
http://lunchingwithlions.blogspot.com/

damn, 2007 was rosy! hehe. thanks, pearal! i like this blog :)


:( Now how am I supposed to get ANYTHING done while at work?

2laneut13
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby 2laneut13 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Hey guys! Fellow 0L here who's new to TLS. In Dallas now but moving down to Austin on August 1. Would be down to meet up for drinks and such once I'm settled in!

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

So I posted a post that consisted of, "Bats!!!" a few days ago without any responses. I'm going to try again.

Bats!!! Totally didn't know about them, or the festival. How neat!

Taylor, sorry about the distraction at work.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Tickets email!!

I'm really, really bored.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Tickets email!!

I'm really, really bored.



YESSSS. This made my evening.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest