Texas 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I should write a letter to the state legislature to try to close whatever loophole you people are trying to exploit. Thats my tax dollars going to subsidize your out of state education!
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I should write a letter to the state legislature to try to close whatever loophole you people are trying to exploit. Thats my tax dollars going to subsidize your out of state education!
--ImageRemoved--


lolcat does have a point, but I still might do it. Don't worry, it takes the Texas legislature 4 years to do anything anyways.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I should write a letter to the state legislature to try to close whatever loophole you people are trying to exploit. Thats my tax dollars going to subsidize your out of state education!


and what about the ones of us that they're just buying off? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I should write a letter to the state legislature to try to close whatever loophole you people are trying to exploit. Thats my tax dollars going to subsidize your out of state education!


and what about the ones of us that they're just buying off? :mrgreen:


They are the reason I won't be going to Texas :lol:

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Jericwithers wrote:They are the reason I won't be going to Texas :lol:


harumph!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:59 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:They are the reason I won't be going to Texas :lol:


harumph!


Sad, but partially true.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:They are the reason I won't be going to Texas :lol:


harumph!


Sad, but partially true.


ha! I suppose it would be frustrating, having your school pay off all these out-of-staters to come in and showup the hometown crowd. :wink:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:They are the reason I won't be going to Texas :lol:


harumph!


Sad, but partially true.


ha! I suppose it would be frustrating, having your school pay off all these out-of-staters to come in and showup the hometown crowd. :wink:


Not worried about being showed up, but the fact they swoon a sooner as much as they do one of their own rubs me the wrong way. If they think a 'foreigner' would be a better alum/donate more money than a 2x longhorn then I wish them luck. They just don't take a look at anything but numbers when coming up which scholarships, and Duke or UCLA has just made me feel more wanted and loved. My ego is fragile, I need that.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Duke or UCLA has just made me feel more wanted and loved. My ego is fragile, I need that.


I hear you there. Even Stanford had the decency to give lowly me a 24-hour turn around when I would email them with questions. With Texas I'm lucky to hear back within a week, if at all.

Turns out I'm pretty shameless when it comes to being bought off, though.
(Here's hoping there's no truth to that "what does it profit a man" thing... :oops:)

lol.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:07 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Duke or UCLA has just made me feel more wanted and loved. My ego is fragile, I need that.


I hear you there. Even Stanford had the decency to give lowly me a 24-hour turn around when I would email them with questions. With Texas I'm lucky to hear back within a week, if at all.

Turns out I'm pretty shameless when it comes to being bought off, though.
(Here's hoping there's no truth to that "what does it profit a man" thing... :oops:)

lol.


Sooners have souls :?:

JK, you'll be great wherever. Good luck at stanford and harvard.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Man I hope the new nominee is Diane Wood.

Esc
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Esc » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Man I hope the new nominee is Diane Wood.


She came to campus a couple times last semester, I went to one of her talks. She is a very cool lady, and serves as the "alumni mentor" for one of the societies.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Soo I just got back from the OMV, and I can safely say I am sooo happy about my decision to attend UT. Aside from the super gunner (omg, please let him NOT go to UT) that I was lucky enough to have in my tour group, everyone I met was wonderful. I really enjoyed the visit.

And for the one who totally called out us TLSers before lunch, I commend you. ;)

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:Soo I just got back from the OMV, and I can safely say I am sooo happy about my decision to attend UT. Aside from the super gunner (omg, please let him NOT go to UT) that I was lucky enough to have in my tour group, everyone I met was wonderful. I really enjoyed the visit.

And for the one who totally called out us TLSers before lunch, I commend you. ;)


*so* jealous. I really wanted to go today. I went down in the fall, but I haven't been down since I was accepted.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:50 pm

soonergirl wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:Soo I just got back from the OMV, and I can safely say I am sooo happy about my decision to attend UT. Aside from the super gunner (omg, please let him NOT go to UT) that I was lucky enough to have in my tour group, everyone I met was wonderful. I really enjoyed the visit.

And for the one who totally called out us TLSers before lunch, I commend you. ;)


*so* jealous. I really wanted to go today. I went down in the fall, but I haven't been down since I was accepted.


There sure seemed to be a lot of Sooners there. A 1L also told me that the OU alums usually don't go to the games, but that they have OU watching parties instead, lol.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby adrib » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:55 pm

How did they call out TLSers? I'm so happy you had a good time!

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 am

Someone said something about that on-campus gun range discussion, we were joking about it, one of the girls said something about that being on TLS and some of us admitted, haha.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby adrib » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:58 am

mcflooter06 wrote:Someone said something about that on-campus gun range discussion, we were joking about it, one of the girls said something about that being on TLS and some of us admitted, haha.

ha! awesome. I saw you added your name to the TLS Class of 2013 :mrgreen: so exciting!

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 am

adrib wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:Someone said something about that on-campus gun range discussion, we were joking about it, one of the girls said something about that being on TLS and some of us admitted, haha.

ha! awesome. I saw you added your name to the TLS Class of 2013 :mrgreen: so exciting!



I am soooo excited now! Found my new apartment this weekend, and can't wait to finally meet everyone! Scary, its all so real now. Eek!

And I have to admit, I'm totally sporting a hot pink longhorn on my car now. I work with a TON of Aggies, it had to be done.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby catharsis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 am

mcflooter06 wrote:
adrib wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:Someone said something about that on-campus gun range discussion, we were joking about it, one of the girls said something about that being on TLS and some of us admitted, haha.

ha! awesome. I saw you added your name to the TLS Class of 2013 :mrgreen: so exciting!



I am soooo excited now! Found my new apartment this weekend, and can't wait to finally meet everyone! Scary, its all so real now. Eek!

And I have to admit, I'm totally sporting a hot pink longhorn on my car now. I work with a TON of Aggies, it had to be done.


lol congrats on the apartment find and of course the hot pink longhorn because we should each be rocking one of those haha..

btw, was the apartment searching painless?

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 am

catharsis wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:
adrib wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:Someone said something about that on-campus gun range discussion, we were joking about it, one of the girls said something about that being on TLS and some of us admitted, haha.

ha! awesome. I saw you added your name to the TLS Class of 2013 :mrgreen: so exciting!



I am soooo excited now! Found my new apartment this weekend, and can't wait to finally meet everyone! Scary, its all so real now. Eek!

And I have to admit, I'm totally sporting a hot pink longhorn on my car now. I work with a TON of Aggies, it had to be done.


lol congrats on the apartment find and of course the hot pink longhorn because we should each be rocking one of those haha..

btw, was the apartment searching painless?


It was! I ended up taking myself, went to Austin a day early, and I'm renting the first one I looked at. Got a brand new, never-lived in place, pretty excited. Success!

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby catharsis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 am

^ sweet!!!! :D

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:49 am

Details on the OMV! I wasn't able to go because of a big surprise filing that came up at the end of last week so the partner asked me if I could move my trip.

*sigh* Boo that, I really wanted to meet people and do the whole thing.

So anyways, I'm going down next week now to look at housing and Austin. Anyone have any suggestions for management companies/ apt complexes/ whatever to look at while I'm down there? Pretty set on Hyde Park.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Details on the OMV! I wasn't able to go because of a big surprise filing that came up at the end of last week so the partner asked me if I could move my trip.

*sigh* Boo that, I really wanted to meet people and do the whole thing.

So anyways, I'm going down next week now to look at housing and Austin. Anyone have any suggestions for management companies/ apt complexes/ whatever to look at while I'm down there? Pretty set on Hyde Park.


There's one mgmt company that I've seen over and over again to avoid. Let me see if I can find the name for you.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:22 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:There sure seemed to be a lot of Sooners there.


Really??? I have yet to find one!! :cry:




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest