Texas 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Never really thought too hard about why those random people were wearing matching shirts. I always sort of assume the students on the website don't actually attend. They're like the people corporations take pictures of.


You mean stock photos? Like that one lady with the headset that's "waiting to take your call" at half the customer support centers in the U.S.? could be. I hadn't thought of that.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Just realized I have the girl in the back's sunglasses.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:10 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Never really thought too hard about why those random people were wearing matching shirts. I always sort of assume the students on the website don't actually attend. They're like the people corporations take pictures of.


You mean stock photos? Like that one lady with the headset that's "waiting to take your call" at half the customer support centers in the U.S.? could be. I hadn't thought of that.


Nah, I think these people actually go to the law school. I'd be surprised to find out UT dragged random people onto campus and slapped some law t-shirts on.

My law firm used fake people in real places for our promotional materials, we're all pretty sure. There's this guy that's hanging out outside of the local Starbucks near our office that is a mystery to all, but the picture was taken last year.

We've named him George.

...ok, I've named him George and some of the other paralegals humor me.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Never really thought too hard about why those random people were wearing matching shirts. I always sort of assume the students on the website don't actually attend. They're like the people corporations take pictures of.


You mean stock photos? Like that one lady with the headset that's "waiting to take your call" at half the customer support centers in the U.S.? could be. I hadn't thought of that.


Nah, I think these people actually go to the law school. I'd be surprised to find out UT dragged random people onto campus and slapped some law t-shirts on.

My law firm used fake people in real places for our promotional materials, we're all pretty sure. There's this guy that's hanging out outside of the local Starbucks near our office that is a mystery to all, but the picture was taken last year.

We've named him George.

...ok, I've named him George and some of the other paralegals humor me.


We all humor you.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:11 pm

funny story: models and whatever have to sign these agreements that the photos are "stock" and that they (the models) don't have to be informed when they're used. My friend was traveling through Texas and saw a public service announcement billboard with a giant picture of himself with the rhetorical question: "Esta sifilis??" (Is it syphillis?)

lol!

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:19 pm

soonergirl wrote:funny story: models and whatever have to sign these agreements that the photos are "stock" and that they (the models) don't have to be informed when they're used. My friend was traveling through Texas and saw a public service announcement billboard with a giant picture of himself with the rhetorical question: "Esta sifilis??" (Is it syphillis?)

lol!


Oh dear.

batmansion
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby batmansion » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 pm

.
Last edited by batmansion on Sun May 23, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 pm

batmansion wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Haha

+1 point for Griffendoor


Sweet! I'm in Gryffindor! Now if only I can make the quidditch team.


I was jogging at one of the fields on campus the other day and I actually saw a group of people running around with broomsticks throwing volleyballs to each other, and then I found out that there is in fact a UT quidditch team.

Anyway, if Texas had a sorting hat it would be a 10-gallon Stetson. Purple optional.


Oh dear.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 pm

batmansion wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Haha

+1 point for Griffendoor


Sweet! I'm in Gryffindor! Now if only I can make the quidditch team.


I was jogging at one of the fields on campus the other day and I actually saw a group of people running around with broomsticks throwing volleyballs to each other, and then I found out that there is in fact a UT quidditch team.

Anyway, if Texas had a sorting hat it would be a 10-gallon Stetson. Purple optional.


Hah, I think I have heard of the quid-ditch team.

The syphilis poster was really funny too. When I am at Duke you people need to write a funnies news letter and send it to me.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Jericwithers wrote:The syphilis poster was really funny too. When I am at Duke you people need to write a funnies news letter and send it to me.


We'll have to, there is no joy to be found at dook.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:The syphilis poster was really funny too. When I am at Duke you people need to write a funnies news letter and send it to me.


We'll have to, there is no joy to be found at dook.


Other than the joy of employment.

Bazinga!

EDIT: And basketball championships.
Last edited by Jericwithers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:The syphilis poster was really funny too. When I am at Duke you people need to write a funnies news letter and send it to me.


We'll have to, there is no joy to be found at dook.


Other than the joy of employment.

Bazinga!


Haha, you will fit in there.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:The syphilis poster was really funny too. When I am at Duke you people need to write a funnies news letter and send it to me.


We'll have to, there is no joy to be found at dook.


Other than the joy of employment.

Bazinga!


Haha, you will fit in there.


Thank you! That means so much to me!

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:44 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Thank you! That means so much to me!


Oh hush. Ugh, Duke :wink:

Its a great area to go to school in. Though perhaps not important to you, kick ass mall.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Thank you! That means so much to me!


Oh hush. Ugh, Duke :wink:

Its a great area to go to school in. Though perhaps not important to you, kick ass mall.


Shopping mall?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Thank you! That means so much to me!


Oh hush. Ugh, Duke :wink:

Its a great area to go to school in. Though perhaps not important to you, kick ass mall.


Shopping mall?


Are there many other types of incarnations other than shopping versions of a mall besides the National?

But good food, join the Apples Corps. Seriously. Join the Apples Corps. After 2 years away from Chapel Hill, I'm still a card carrying member.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Thank you! That means so much to me!


Oh hush. Ugh, Duke :wink:

Its a great area to go to school in. Though perhaps not important to you, kick ass mall.


Shopping mall?


Are there many other types of incarnations other than shopping versions of a mall besides the National?

But good food, join the Apples Corps. Seriously. Join the Apples Corps. After 2 years away from Chapel Hill, I'm still a card carrying member.


We have a couple malls on UT's campus. Ambiguous term.

What is Apple Corps? Did you go to UNC? Maybe you should PM me this stuff, as we don't want to make all the future Longhorn's jealous with all that is the research triangle.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Hah, I think I have heard of the quid-ditch team.

The syphilis poster was really funny too. When I am at Duke you people need to write a funnies news letter and send it to me.


what made it funnier is that my friend is Serbian. Presumably they asked for somebody vaguely Hispanic-looking...Mexican, Slavic, you know...whatever.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Jericwithers wrote:We have a couple malls on UT's campus. Ambiguous term.

What is Apple Corps?


Isn't that a company that makes video games?

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby de5igual » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 am

philosoraptor wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:So can you get residency for 2L year then, or do they only check once and classify you as that till you graduate?
Again, my confidence that the former is true is based entirely on what Linda, the head of the financial aid office, told me at ASD. I'm not going to rush out and buy anything just yet, but apparently it's a common thing. The way the residency FAQ page is worded, it doesn't exclude the possibility that "enrollment" refers to any given year or semester. F0bulous, didn't we talk about this during ASD as well? And didn't other out-of-staters get the same spiel from the fin aid office?


yes...already bought my piece of property. i'm now an owner to a lovely acre in the middle of nowhere, texas.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:16 am

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:We have a couple malls on UT's campus. Ambiguous term.

What is Apple Corps?


Isn't that a company that makes video games?


It's actually the company that own's the beatles catalog, I think.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:We have a couple malls on UT's campus. Ambiguous term.

What is Apple Corps?


Isn't that a company that makes video games?


It's actually the company that own's the beatles catalog, I think.


lol. so that explains why their logo is on my "rock band: beatles edition" cd.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:33 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:We have a couple malls on UT's campus. Ambiguous term.

What is Apple Corps?


Isn't that a company that makes video games?


It's actually the company that own's the beatles catalog, I think.


lol. so that explains why their logo is on my "rock band: beatles edition" cd.


I figured thats what it was lol.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby catharsis » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 pm

f0bolous wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:So can you get residency for 2L year then, or do they only check once and classify you as that till you graduate?
Again, my confidence that the former is true is based entirely on what Linda, the head of the financial aid office, told me at ASD. I'm not going to rush out and buy anything just yet, but apparently it's a common thing. The way the residency FAQ page is worded, it doesn't exclude the possibility that "enrollment" refers to any given year or semester. F0bulous, didn't we talk about this during ASD as well? And didn't other out-of-staters get the same spiel from the fin aid office?


yes...already bought my piece of property. i'm now an owner to a lovely acre in the middle of nowhere, texas.

:lol: nice!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I should write a letter to the state legislature to try to close whatever loophole you people are trying to exploit. Thats my tax dollars going to subsidize your out of state education!




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest