Texas 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jrtx027

New

Re: Texas 2013

Post by jrtx027 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 pm

philosoraptor wrote:So, anybody want to do stuff this weekend? Minor league baseball? Heavy drinking? Other fun things?
I'm down for a tls outing. I'm finally settled in. No internet till Sunday. :( sooo bored.

shanejamin

New

Post by shanejamin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 pm

My best friend from college is getting married this weekend. OF ALL WEEKENDS. GOD. So, I'm gone until Sunday. Does anyone want to get dinner/drinks after orientation Monday? Also, if you gave me your number at ASD, I lost it when I threw my phone in the toilet the other day. Sooo, yeeeeeah...you might PM me with that...and also your name, as I've forgotten what handles go with whom.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 am

so no one has their fin aid refund yet, right? i just want to make sure i'm not alone.

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 am

adrib wrote:so no one has their fin aid refund yet, right? i just want to make sure i'm not alone.
No, I do.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:51 am

Is anyone else finding the cost of living estimates by UT a little low-balled? Taking out rent and other fixed expenses, it leaves roughly $4 a day for food/gas/incidentals

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:32 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:
adrib wrote:so no one has their fin aid refund yet, right? i just want to make sure i'm not alone.
No, I do.
Yeah, I do too.

The Sound Of Truth

New

Post by The Sound Of Truth » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:10 pm

My refund is sitting comfortably in my bank account as well.

mdowney

New

Post by mdowney » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:00 pm

For any scholarship students, was your scholarship included in your refunded because mine wasn't.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 pm

argh. maybe it's because i filled in my direct deposit stuff late. i just want to pay off the credit card my books are sitting on, man.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jrtx027

New

Post by jrtx027 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 pm

mdowney wrote:For any scholarship students, was your scholarship included in your refunded because mine wasn't.
Nope. Not sure when it'll be deposited. :/

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:00 pm

shanejamin wrote:My best friend from college is getting married this weekend. OF ALL WEEKENDS. GOD. So, I'm gone until Sunday. Does anyone want to get dinner/drinks after orientation Monday? Also, if you gave me your number at ASD, I lost it when I threw my phone in the toilet the other day. Sooo, yeeeeeah...you might PM me with that...and also your name, as I've forgotten what handles go with whom.
Ugh, stressful! I'm assuming you're in the wedding party?

I didn't meet you at ASD because I wasn't there, but I'd be game for beverages after orientation. Who is planning to attend the fajita fest? (It's on Monday.)

Also - what is the deal with course packets? Do we need to buy them? What are they? (Mentioned on the UT discussion board without, ironically, much discussion)

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:59 am

My scholarship wasn't calculated into all if my finaid stuff either. Have you guys gotten the info about writing the thank you note?
I need that money lol!!

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:02 am

entrechatsix wrote:My scholarship wasn't calculated into all if my finaid stuff either. Have you guys gotten the info about writing the thank you note?
I need that money lol!!
I think some people may have, but, AFAIK, a majority haven't. I talked to them last week, they said we would get them at the beginning of this week. Wednesday, they said they were "getting them out as fast as posible." Soooo... not sure when thats gonna happen! :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shanejamin

New

Post by shanejamin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:35 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:
shanejamin wrote:My best friend from college is getting married this weekend. OF ALL WEEKENDS. GOD. So, I'm gone until Sunday. Does anyone want to get dinner/drinks after orientation Monday? Also, if you gave me your number at ASD, I lost it when I threw my phone in the toilet the other day. Sooo, yeeeeeah...you might PM me with that...and also your name, as I've forgotten what handles go with whom.

I didn't meet you at ASD because I wasn't there, but I'd be game for beverages after orientation. Who is planning to attend the fajita fest? (It's on Monday.)

Also - what is the deal with course packets? Do we need to buy them? What are they? (Mentioned on the UT discussion board without, ironically, much discussion)
I'm going to the fajita fest, because, hey, free fajitas. We could all do some beverages afterward, though. Who's in? Smokyroom26 and I are! Catharsis, I'm looking in your direction...

philosoraptor

Silver

Post by philosoraptor » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:42 am

shanejamin wrote:
smokyroom26 wrote:

I'm going to the fajita fest, because, hey, free fajitas. We could all do some beverages afterward, though. Who's in? Smokyroom26 and I are! Catharsis, I'm looking in your direction...
Sounds good to me. And yeah, catharsis does need to be there.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:21 pm

people that have Berman for criminal law: the assignment pdf says to check Blackboard for the syllabus and first day assignment, but all I can find is a box that says "Add your syllabus here" where the syllabus should be on BB. did anyone find it?

shanejamin

New

Post by shanejamin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:36 am

philosoraptor wrote:
shanejamin wrote:
smokyroom26 wrote:

Sounds good to me. And yeah, catharsis does need to be there.
Alright, so it didn't come off today. Friday? Yes? Yes? Philosirapter, I need your number again. I got it at ASD, but here I am, living this new phone nightmare. Or we can just plan to meet somewhere.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

philosoraptor

Silver

Post by philosoraptor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 am

shanejamin wrote:Alright, so it didn't come off today. Friday? Yes? Yes? Philosirapter, I need your number again. I got it at ASD, but here I am, living this new phone nightmare. Or we can just plan to meet somewhere.
PMed. Everyone I talked to yesterday was just wiped out after Day 1, so it might be a good idea to postpone.

longhornnyc

New

Post by longhornnyc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:47 am

USED BOOKS:

I have the Contracts book used in Rau's class, and the torts book by Robertson, cant remember who is using, but someone is. PM and I'll get them to you cheap.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”