Texas 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:01 pm

dancinginseptember wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:Anyone get their section info yet?


not yet. has anyone received either of the below? and where do we find the info? navigating the website doesn't come so easily to me.

a) section info?

b) information on donor for scholarship?

thanks! i appreciate :)

From Monica Ingram on the discussion board:
Section assignments are not due to be released until Thursday, August 5, 2010. Your assignments will include, course, instructor's name, section, small group as well as society information. Section assignment information will be accessible via your account status.

I assume this means "Freshlaw Status."

As far as the scholarship donor goes, I received a pdf via email with my donor's information on it.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Did anyone get the optional fees info? Made it sound like we wouldn't be getting such information until the 16th.

Hope not.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby catharsis » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Did anyone get the optional fees info? Made it sound like we wouldn't be getting such information until the 16th.

Hope not.


There was a "Optional Fee Selection" email sent it out yesterday afternoon by Susan Beckman at the admissions office.

The deadline to select them is August 15th but if you want to do it after you can do so on August 23rd through the Registrar's Online Services.
Last edited by catharsis on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Anyone get their section info yet?
Glancing at the message board, I saw that Dean Ingram wrote Monday that section info comes out "at the end of this week." Maybe it's delayed until tomorrow. :?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:12 pm

catharsis wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Did anyone get the optional fees info? Made it sound like we wouldn't be getting such information until the 16th.

Hope not.


There was a "Optional Fee Selection" email sent it out yesterday afternoon by Susan Beckman at the admissions office.

The deadline to select them is August 15th but if you want to do it after you can do so on August 23rd through the Registrar's Online Services.


There was also a line about registration info being available on freshlaw after Aug 16th. Of course, that could just be specific times and such.

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby catharsis » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
catharsis wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Did anyone get the optional fees info? Made it sound like we wouldn't be getting such information until the 16th.

Hope not.


There was a "Optional Fee Selection" email sent it out yesterday afternoon by Susan Beckman at the admissions office.

The deadline to select them is August 15th but if you want to do it after you can do so on August 23rd through the Registrar's Online Services.


There was also a line about registration info being available on freshlaw after Aug 16th. Of course, that could just be specific times and such.


oops, yeah i must have missed that part.

edit: is this what you referring to? "After that date, optional fee changes can be made at Freshlaw orientation on August 23."

haha and sorry if it isn't.

Proximity
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Proximity » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Just found my schedule on the Freshlaw status page.

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby JordynAsh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm

kittenmittons wrote:As far as the scholarship donor goes, I received a pdf via email with my donor's information on it.


I haven't received this.. any other scholarship people not get such an email yet?

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby JordynAsh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Proximity wrote:Just found my schedule on the Freshlaw status page.


AH IT'S THERE! Anyone else in section 3 and/or group B?

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm

It was:

"Your registration information will be displayed on your Freshlaw status page after August 16. "

Though if someone just got their schedule, where is it?? I can't find mine!

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Proximity wrote:Just found my schedule on the Freshlaw status page.
Me too! Section 3, Group A. Civ Pro at 8:30 Monday morning ftw!

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:26 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
Proximity wrote:Just found my schedule on the Freshlaw status page.
Me too! Section 3, Group A. Civ Pro at 8:30 Monday morning ftw!


Found it! Section 1, Group B.

Bradford Society.

Proximity
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Proximity » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Though if someone just got their schedule, where is it?? I can't find mine!


After logging into Freshlaw, I clicked on the link marked "Freshlaw Status". The schedule was right on that page.

Proximity
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Proximity » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Found it! Section 1, Group B.

Bradford Society.


Also got Bradford Society, but am in Section 1, Group A.

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby smokyroom26 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:32 pm

.
Last edited by smokyroom26 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Estrellas
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Estrellas » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:36 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
Proximity wrote:Just found my schedule on the Freshlaw status page.
Me too! Section 3, Group A. Civ Pro at 8:30 Monday morning ftw!



Section 3, Group A! Let's be friends.

User avatar
dancinginseptember
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby dancinginseptember » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:43 pm

still no donor letter.
but.
!
You have been assigned to Freshlaw Section 4, Group D.
You have been selected as a member of the Cadena Society.

User avatar
mcflooter06
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby mcflooter06 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:48 pm

dancinginseptember wrote:still no donor letter.
but.
!
You have been assigned to Freshlaw Section 4, Group D.
You have been selected as a member of the Cadena Society.



Section 4, group C, Cadena society! Hey, pretty close, glad to find someone in my section!

Now, to go buy books... eeeek.

jrtx027
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby jrtx027 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Section 4, Group B. McCormick Society! I hope we can arrange some meetups the week before classes begin. I won't be in ATX till the 17th.

rjr575
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby rjr575 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:24 pm

I am in the Sutton Society as well!

Section 3, Group D.

It all just got real!

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby smokyroom26 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:26 pm

What do you guys think about "optional" books?

Specifically, my CivPro teacher requires the casebook she authored (duh) and lists a Black Letter Outline text and ExamPro text (both also her own work) as optional. I already have the CivPro E&E but I feel like I should probably get these too.

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Estrellas wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:
Proximity wrote:Just found my schedule on the Freshlaw status page.
Me too! Section 3, Group A. Civ Pro at 8:30 Monday morning ftw!



Section 3, Group A! Let's be friends.
Friends it is. Glad I'll have at least one other TLSer to study with!

Also, Hargrave represent.

nukelaloosh
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby nukelaloosh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:29 pm

rjr575 wrote:I am in the Sutton Society as well!

Section 3, Group D.

It all just got real!


Same here.

Love that afternoon LRLW class on Friday.

nukelaloosh
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Texas 2013

Postby nukelaloosh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:What do you guys think about "optional" books?

Specifically, my CivPro teacher requires the casebook she authored (duh) and lists a Black Letter Outline text and ExamPro text (both also her own work) as optional. I already have the CivPro E&E but I feel like I should probably get these too.


Wow...book list is up. I assumed "later" meant next week.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Texas 2013

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:33 pm

nukelaloosh wrote:
rjr575 wrote:I am in the Sutton Society as well!

Section 3, Group D.

It all just got real!


Same here.

Love that afternoon LRLW class on Friday.


That blows.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest