Texas 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
soonergirl

Bronze

Re: Texas 2013

Post by soonergirl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm

catharsis wrote:the more the merrier!!.. i'll convince bigred to expand. :lol:
holdup. bigred as in "Nebraska" big red or as in "Oklahoma" big red? If it's the latter, I'm golden!!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm

soonergirl wrote:
holdup. bigred as in "Nebraska" big red or as in "Oklahoma" big red? If it's the latter, I'm golden!!
bigred as in the gum, duh. or soda.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
bigred as in the gum, duh. or soda.
or

deleted

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Psh, we all know its:
--ImageRemoved--

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Psh, we all know its:
--ImageRemoved--
<3 Clifford!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I just got offered a job as a TA if I stay at UT. That would be too hard to do while going to law school, right?

Watto

New

Post by Watto » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Just put down my deposit! From NY and don't know a soul in Texas or the surrounding areas, nor have I ever been down south really before the OMV. Should be interesting!

Any New Yorker's here? Is there some sort of roommate matching board UT provides? Looking forward to meeting everyone in a few months!

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I just got offered a job as a TA if I stay at UT. That would be too hard to do while going to law school, right?
Technically, we're not allowed to be employed as a 1L. OTOH, I had an offer at one school that included GA for 5 hours a week first year. So I don't really know.

(Now that I read this, this strikes me as a remarkably unhelpful post.)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:38 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I just got offered a job as a TA if I stay at UT. That would be too hard to do while going to law school, right?
Technically, we're not allowed to be employed as a 1L. OTOH, I had an offer at one school that included GA for 5 hours a week first year. So I don't really know.

(Now that I read this, this strikes me as a remarkably unhelpful post.)
lol, a *shrug* would have worked just as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Jericwithers wrote:lol, a *shrug* would have worked just as well.
but I want to prove that I'm super duper attorney material. Attorneys use lots of words to convey as little as possible, right?

batmansion

New

Post by batmansion » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Last edited by batmansion on Sun May 23, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 pm

batmansion wrote:Just put my deposit down. Yeah!

Do we have to send them the mugshot by the 15th, or can we do that later?
Later. Probably around the time of the 'letter of intent.'

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:15 pm

I uploaded my usual profile pic, but at some point I'm planning on replacing it with something halfway professional (read: not tipsy) looking.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:24 pm

soonergirl wrote:

I uploaded my usual profile pic, but at some point I'm planning on replacing it with something halfway professional (read: not tipsy) looking.
Haha yes that is preferable, as those pictures are what your professors will print up before class starts to learn your name and be able to call you out in class. Your file will always be associated with that picture. I've learned this as a wide-eyed freshman lol and you should see the picture that still follows me around.

batmansion

New

Post by batmansion » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

Haha yes that is preferable, as those pictures are what your professors will print up before class starts to learn your name and be able to call you out in class. Your file will always be associated with that picture. I've learned this as a wide-eyed freshman lol and you should see the picture that still follows me around.
That's what I figured, although I wonder why they wouldn't use the one from your student ID. I haven't gotten a haircut in almost a year, so I'll hold off on taking any picture that I'll have to live with until 2013.

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

Well then obviously take one that looks nothing like you and you will avoid being called on.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 pm

batmansion wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

That's what I figured, although I wonder why they wouldn't use the one from your student ID. I haven't gotten a haircut in almost a year, so I'll hold off on taking any picture that I'll have to live with until 2013.
I think they do, at least they did for undergrad. Maybe I am mistaken and they use it for something else.

Haha how big of a douche move would it be to upload a Duke Law picture as my headshot? Or my other Larry David avatar?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

Well then obviously take one that looks nothing like you and you will avoid being called on.
omg yes.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 am

one of my professors has commented that these photos are somewhat useful in 1L, but by 3L, the pictures are completely worthless, as the young, idealistic, nubile faces have degraded into depressed, stressed, overweight shadows of their former selves :mrgreen:

bigred82

New

Post by bigred82 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:38 am

soonergirl wrote:

BigRed as in I'm 6'4" and have red hair. And yes, I also am from Oklahoma and OU. Currently living in Norman. I am not a fan of Nebraska...at all. You're golden. ;)

rputt3256

New

Post by rputt3256 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 am

Watto wrote:Just put down my deposit! From NY and don't know a soul in Texas or the surrounding areas, nor have I ever been down south really before the OMV. Should be interesting!

Any New Yorker's here? Is there some sort of roommate matching board UT provides? Looking forward to meeting everyone in a few months!
Fellow NY'er completely unfamiliar with the land of Texas. I'll actually be visiting next weekend though. Are you in school in the city?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

What are the odds that Obama will nominate the 1 lady from Texas for Supreme Court by the end of the day? That would swing me one way.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Jericwithers wrote:What are the odds that Obama will nominate the 1 lady from Texas for Supreme Court by the end of the day? That would swing me one way.
Very doubtful IMO. He'd rather appoint a more conservative person who is big on executive power - IE Kagen.

yournamehere

New

Post by yournamehere » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:49 pm

would be awesome if he appointed judge wood, but i think she's too old to get the nod.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Then I'll be at Duke. Good luck all and hope my money goes to good use!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”