ASU 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
aIvin adams

Bronze

ASU 2013

Post by aIvin adams » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 am

8)

those are the sunglasses i'll wear to class. bc it will be so sunny.

i originally tried to post this thread on a different site, 'Very-Good-Regional-Law-Schools.com' but their forums aren't up. so its here.

yayayayayah! go asu!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Re: ASU 2013

Post by aIvin adams » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 am

best thread ever!

BREAKING NEWS – SANDRA DAY O’CONNOR COLLEGE OF LAW RANKS AMONG NATION’S TOP LAW SCHOOLS
Mar 13 2013
Tempe, AZ

Today, US News and World Report released its latest rankings of the nation’s law schools. While speculation about movement in the rankings builds into a small furor every year prior to their release, this year’s results included an unforeseen surprise: the unprecedented ascendance of Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU. According to a public representative of the magazine, “The status of ASU Law as one of the finest legal institutions in the nation did not necessarily surprise us. We work hard to ensure that our rankings are based on quantitative data and the numbers that ASU has been reporting over the last three years predicted this new rank.”

Nevertheless, many experts in the legal education field are astonished that ASU is now considered among the ‘T-14,’ or top 14 law schools in the nation. While ASU Law has always been a respected institution (and the only major law school serving one of the biggest cities in the United States), only a few years ago they were barely ranked in the top 50 law schools. Said one USNWR insider, “ASU’s meteoric climb in the rankings is primarily due to one thing: The 13th Factor.”

‘The 13th Factor,’ while not confirmed by US News and World Report, is well-known by prospective law students to consider the activity of a law school’s main thread on Top-Law-Schools.com (TLS). The website, defined by its obsessive students and their focus on rankings, gunning, and coining memic slang, collects the nation’s brightest young legal minds to share tips, experiences, pop culture opinions and NSFW cleavage. According to John Rose, student at Georgetown Law School, “[TLS] is retarded. Mostly, it’s offensive. Usually it’s misleading and antagonistic. I don’t like it at all and if that’s what USNWR wants to use as a criteria, they can go [enjoy] themselves.”

Of course, John Rose’s disagreement with USNWR is understandable: ASU bumped Georgetown down in the rankings. USNWR was unable to confirm that this was due to the overwhelming amount of posts in ASU’s ‘TLS Class of..’ threads. When shown Rose’s remarks, one ASU student responded, “tl:dr” then high-fived a classmate and enjoyed the beautiful weather which, the ASU students cryptically added, was “180.”

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:27 am

aIvin adams wrote:best thread ever!

BREAKING NEWS – SANDRA DAY O’CONNOR COLLEGE OF LAW RANKS AMONG NATION’S TOP LAW SCHOOLS
Mar 13 2013
Tempe, AZ

HAHAHA! This is amazing!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 am

aIvin adams wrote:best thread ever!

Mar 13 2013
Tempe, AZ

Today, US News and World Report released its latest rankings of the nation’s law schools. While speculation about movement in the rankings builds into a small furor every year prior to their release, this year’s results included an unforeseen surprise: the unprecedented ascendance of Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU. According to a public representative of the magazine, “The status of ASU Law as one of the finest legal institutions in the nation did not necessarily surprise us. We work hard to ensure that our rankings are based on quantitative data and the numbers that ASU has been reporting over the last three years predicted this new rank.”

Nevertheless, many experts in the legal education field are astonished that ASU is now considered among the ‘T-14,’ or top 14 law schools in the nation. While ASU Law has always been a respected institution (and the only major law school serving one of the biggest cities in the United States), only a few years ago they were barely ranked in the top 50 law schools. Said one USNWR insider, “ASU’s meteoric climb in the rankings is primarily due to one thing: The 13th Factor.”

‘The 13th Factor,’ while not confirmed by US News and World Report, is well-known by prospective law students to consider the activity of a law school’s main thread on Top-Law-Schools.com (TLS). The website, defined by its obsessive students and their focus on rankings, gunning, and coining memic slang, collects the nation’s brightest young legal minds to share tips, experiences, pop culture opinions and NSFW cleavage. According to John Rose, student at Georgetown Law School, “[TLS] is retarded. Mostly, it’s offensive. Usually it’s misleading and antagonistic. I don’t like it at all and if that’s what USNWR wants to use as a criteria, they can go [enjoy] themselves.”

Of course, John Rose’s disagreement with USNWR is understandable: ASU bumped Georgetown down in the rankings. USNWR was unable to confirm that this was due to the overwhelming amount of posts in ASU’s ‘TLS Class of..’ threads. When shown Rose’s remarks, one ASU student responded, “tl:dr” then high-fived a classmate and enjoyed the beautiful weather which, the ASU students cryptically added, was “180.”
Very nice. I'm still waiting to hear back from ASU. Got waitlisted at Arizona so that will likely be my fate at ASU. None the less ASU remains a top 3 or 4 choice for me until I'm officially rejected. Love the weather.

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:39 pm

aIvin, you have a buddy! I'm officially pledging myself to Arizona State! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:aIvin, you have a buddy! I'm officially pledging myself to Arizona State! :D
YAYAH!!!

good choice!

going to the student thing apr 9th? ill be there. ill be the one dressed as judge sparky. :lol:

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:49 pm

aIvin adams wrote:
msbeautifulbasham wrote:aIvin, you have a buddy! I'm officially pledging myself to Arizona State! :D
YAYAH!!!

good choice!

going to the student thing apr 9th? ill be there. ill be the one dressed as judge sparky. :lol:
unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. But post on here after the event. I want to hear all about it.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:03 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
aIvin adams wrote:
YAYAH!!!

good choice!

unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. But post on here after the event. I want to hear all about it.
fo sho - i'll try to remember to borrow my wife's camera and maybe i can upload a few choice shots of dean soto showing us different models of expensive suitcases.

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Four words: One Hundred Twenty Degrees. ASU is a serious lean for me but those summer temps make me want to die. However, the winters will be excellent. I was there for New Years and i was in shorts and a hoodie. Perfect!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WhatTheLawSchool

New

Post by WhatTheLawSchool » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:43 pm

I was seriously considering ASU, and I haven't yet thrown it out completely, but I came across two things that troubled me. While I knew it was hot there, I didn't realize that it was STILL in the 100s into October. That's a bit too hot for me. (At my current school, I think it's nice and warm when it gets up to mid-50's. I had originally considered the warm weather a plus, but now it's more of a liability for going to ASU. The other thing... they quit reporting their employment at graduation statistics. That's troubling to me. The years before they quit were each dropping consistently, too. So that scared me a bit. I want a school that doesn't need to hide their statistics. I could possibly end up at ASU after all, but they'd need to really convince me it's worth it.

pepsi

New

Post by pepsi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm

actually, i guess i should have posted my question here.

Is there an ASU facebook group?

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 pm

pepsi wrote:actually, i guess i should have posted my question here.

Is there an ASU facebook group?
i dont think so! if you make one, can you post it here? and if you post it in the main thread at the top of this forum, hawkeye will put a link to it on the first page.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pepsi

New

Post by pepsi » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:55 pm

I dont think im ready for that kind of Internet exposure yet. But if someone else creates it, I'll join

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:39 pm

pepsi wrote:I dont think im ready for that kind of Internet exposure yet. But if someone else creates it, I'll join
i did yer dirty deed, sir. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 5642332519

let me know if that works.

MSUPHL

Bronze

Post by MSUPHL » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 am

in.

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:30 am

MSUPHL wrote:in.
Does that mean you were admitted or you joined the facebook group? :D

Congrats!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

atfarmer

New

Post by atfarmer » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:13 am

I'm sending in my seat deposit tomorrow. 8)

Good city, good rank, good price, good job prospects... I'm in. See you all next year.

PS - I grew up in a suburb of San Antonio, so I am a Spurs fan. I hope we can still be friends... :mrgreen:

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 am

atfarmer wrote:I'm sending in my seat deposit tomorrow. 8)

Good city, good rank, good price, good job prospects... I'm in. See you all next year.

PS - I grew up in a suburb of San Antonio, so I am a Spurs fan. I hope we can still be friends... :mrgreen:
YES. GO SPURS GO! I was at the ATT center last night

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:19 am

of course! spurs are winners and asu is for winners so its a perfect match. everyone is welcome at asu... except mavs fans, obviously.

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 am

aIvin adams wrote:

of course! spurs are winners and asu is for winners so its a perfect match. everyone is welcome at asu... except mavs fans, obviously.
Alvin, if i end up at ASU in the Fall of 2011, I'm fairly confident that 68% of that decision will be based on wanting to become your classmate. haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:
aIvin adams wrote:

Alvin, if i end up at ASU in the Fall of 2011, I'm fairly confident that 68% of that decision will be based on wanting to become your classmate. haha
ha! thanks. its going to be fun. honestly, thats a big reason why i chose asu as well-- ive been meeting students there throughout this academic year (advanced recon work) and i cant tell you how many people ive met were 1) genuine and 2) enthusiastic and 3) very nice. my working hypothesis explaining this includes a mixture of a substantial % of LDS law students and increased serotonin release due to consistent exposure to sunshine.

atfarmer

New

Post by atfarmer » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:

Awesome! Good to hear I won't be the only Black and Silver fan in the middle of the city that probably hates the Spurs more than any other (assuming you go there of course). They are still sore about Horry getting Stoudamire suspended in the 2007 series. I couldn't stop laughing when they booed Parker at the all star game last year.

Anyway, sent in my deposit today and it's now official. I'm heading to Tempe and am excited to do so.

aIvin adams

Bronze

Post by aIvin adams » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 pm

atfarmer wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:

Awesome! Good to hear I won't be the only Black and Silver fan in the middle of the city that probably hates the Spurs more than any other (assuming you go there of course). They are still sore about Horry getting Stoudamire suspended in the 2007 series. I couldn't stop laughing when they booed Parker at the all star game last year.

Anyway, sent in my deposit today and it's now official. I'm heading to Tempe and am excited to do so.
spurs fans are OK by me. but if you make light of 2007 you are being rude to yer hosts. suns fans may seem tame in the arena, where the lower bowl is usually filled with mostly affluent event-seekers who dont care much about bball. but... the suns were the first major sports franchise in phoenix and have many fans whose psyche has been made unstable after a half century of curse.

and.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/1 ... 41445.html :wink: :D

j32f

New

Post by j32f » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Mailed my seat deposit in today as well. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”