UConn Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Burger in a can

Silver

Re: UConn Class of 2013

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Lighthouse28 wrote:Hey Burger,

I just looked at the FB group for our UConn class, but the box that shows how many members there are is gone ! What happened to it ?

Weird! I can't actually see the facebook page right now, and haven't been able for about a week because my Internet isn't turned on at my new place yet... (using my iPhone right now, which can do tls but not facebook group pages) I will look in to it when I have Internetz.

lallygag

New

Post by lallygag » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
Lighthouse28 wrote:Hey Burger,

I just looked at the FB group for our UConn class, but the box that shows how many members there are is gone ! What happened to it ?

Weird! I can't actually see the facebook page right now, and haven't been able for about a week because my Internet isn't turned on at my new place yet... (using my iPhone right now, which can do tls but not facebook group pages) I will look in to it when I have Internetz.
Hey guys, I was just on FB and it looks like the box is back! maybe just a glitch? up to 61 members :)

chisoxfan

New

Post by chisoxfan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Got a letter in the mail today from UConn telling me what my netid, email address, and Peoplesoft number is, but when I try to activate my netid, I run into difficulties. Is anyone else having these problems (not having any secret questions) or are you able to set up your password? Has anyone gotten an activation code in the mail yet?

Lighthouse28

Bronze

Post by Lighthouse28 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:08 pm

chisoxfan wrote:Got a letter in the mail today from UConn telling me what my netid, email address, and Peoplesoft number is, but when I try to activate my netid, I run into difficulties. Is anyone else having these problems (not having any secret questions) or are you able to set up your password? Has anyone gotten an activation code in the mail yet?
Nope, nothing :(

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:16 am

Ahh tons of information!

Haha I am loving this at work during a boring day.

And the fact that my NetId, Peoplesoft #, and general huskymail address are the same as undergrad (while obvious) makes me a little giddy... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lallygag

New

Post by lallygag » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:48 am

:D

Seeing my class schedule makes it feel real, FINALLY!

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 am

Waitt a sec, how'd you see your schedule?

I'm struggling to figure this stuff out, I can't get on peoplesoft.

lallygag

New

Post by lallygag » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:24 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:Waitt a sec, how'd you see your schedule?

I'm struggling to figure this stuff out, I can't get on peoplesoft.
on the new admits page i clicked on the "schedule of classes" icon/link and it brought me to a log-in. Use your peoplesolft ID Number from your financial aid award letter and the first time you log-in you need to use a temporary password which will be the capital letter W followed by your date of birth followed by an exclamation point, so Wmmddyy!. Then you are prompted to make a new password. I think that was it...

chisoxfan

New

Post by chisoxfan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:31 pm

lallygag wrote::D

Seeing my class schedule makes it feel real, FINALLY!
Agreed! Not sure what to do with this newfound info, but surely I can find something on the profs, etc. Nice to have no classes on Fridays. Also glad not to have torts twice in the same day, that seems brutal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lighthouse28

Bronze

Post by Lighthouse28 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm feeling REALLY frustrated. First, it's taken them forever to send any sort of information about the upcoming semester. So far all I've gotten was two emails today. The first had a link that didn't even work. Then Lallygag is able to log in to see her schedule, and I cannot. I tried a few times, and I am not incompetent, I am doing it properly, and it just won't work for me. Is anyone else having a problem? I just feel so frustrated right now with UConn!!! Not to mention whenever I call the office, NO ONE answers! It takes several tries over several days for someone to actually pick up the phone.

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Lighthouse28 wrote:I'm feeling REALLY frustrated. First, it's taken them forever to send any sort of information about the upcoming semester. So far all I've gotten was two emails today. The first had a link that didn't even work. Then Lallygag is able to log in to see her schedule, and I cannot. I tried a few times, and I am not incompetent, I am doing it properly, and it just won't work for me. Is anyone else having a problem? I just feel so frustrated right now with UConn!!! Not to mention whenever I call the office, NO ONE answers! It takes several tries over several days for someone to actually pick up the phone.
Sorry you are frustrated! I haven't tried out the website yet because I am still waiting for my letter to arrive.

Try emailing rather than calling. I emailed Karen DeMeola today, and she responded within 20 minutes.

Lighthouse28

Bronze

Post by Lighthouse28 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Ok, I finally got it to work, phew. No classes on Fridays here either ! Thank God. Five classes a semester. To be honest, I've never taken 5 classes a semester before lol, maybe ONCE in undergrad. So a bit freaked out about that. :oops: Glad I'm only a 5 minute drive from campus so I can go home for lunch :D

cjr1298

New

Post by cjr1298 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 pm

chisoxfan wrote:Got a letter in the mail today from UConn telling me what my netid, email address, and Peoplesoft number is, but when I try to activate my netid, I run into difficulties. Is anyone else having these problems (not having any secret questions) or are you able to set up your password? Has anyone gotten an activation code in the mail yet?
same issue, logged in, but I can't set up a password.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Haven't received the letter yet, even though I live less than 5 minutes from school. I wonder if they're sending them in batches? I am excited to see my class schedule though! Does it tell you specific times of day, or just which days the classes meet?

insertclevernamehere

Bronze

Post by insertclevernamehere » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:31 pm

cjr1298 wrote:
I am having this issue too, and I also upped the anty a little bit by trying to trick peoplesoft into letting me on (instead of following basic directions) by having my new password sent to my huskymail, which I then realized I couldn't access because my netid can't be activated.

And now I want to see my schedule more than I originally wanted to because its like I want what I can't have.

The takeaway from all this -- I will not be your competition for law review.

Lighthouse28

Bronze

Post by Lighthouse28 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Haven't received the letter yet, even though I live less than 5 minutes from school. I wonder if they're sending them in batches? I am excited to see my class schedule though! Does it tell you specific times of day, or just which days the classes meet?
Tells you which class and section, where the classes are held, and specific times of days.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Lighthouse28 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:Haven't received the letter yet, even though I live less than 5 minutes from school. I wonder if they're sending them in batches? I am excited to see my class schedule though! Does it tell you specific times of day, or just which days the classes meet?
Tells you which class and section, where the classes are held, and specific times of days.
thanks, lighthouse. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey if anyone is still trying to access their class schedule, I figured out how to do it before receiving your letter- at least it worked for me. Here's what I did:

I followed the link in the email: --LinkRemoved--

Then I clicked on "New Student To-do List"

Then I clicked "schedule of classes" (#6 on the list)

Then I signed in using my peoplesoft# from my financial aid award letter, and the default password (which is helpfully explained by lallygag above)

I was directed to a page where I had to change my password. I did.

Then I ended up at this weird page with essentially a blank screen, with a small menu box in the upper left with a search field, 'My Favorites', 'Self-Service', etc.

I typed "schedule" into the search field.

My class schedule was the first thing that popped up.

Hope that helps anyone who is still having trouble! :)

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 am

Thank you so much! I was able to login and get my schedule.

Now, I want to find out who is in my section.

This is for Contracts:
37406 L01 Lecture MoTuTh 3:45PM - 5:00PM Cheryl A. Chase Hall Room 110 Kurt Strasser

Who else has Contracts at this time?

chisoxfan

New

Post by chisoxfan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 am

cjr1298 wrote:
You can call the UConn IT help line and they will reset both your passwords. They were very helpful.
Emac wrote:
This is for Contracts:
37406 L01 Lecture MoTuTh 3:45PM - 5:00PM Cheryl A. Chase Hall Room 110 Kurt Strasser

I have contracts then! Do we think there are two sections for each year?

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:38 am

I am almost positive that there are two sections for day students. Each would have approx. 60 students.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

novaUGuconnPG

New

Post by novaUGuconnPG » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:39 am

i have contracts from 2-4 on TuTh but that class is only for 35 students. i think what determines the two sections are the big classes. i have criminal law from 11-1230 on TuTh with 75 students. that must be where we get split into two

Emac

New

Post by Emac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 am

I have Crim Law on TuTh from 2-3:30.

I don't see where it tells you how many students are in each class.

lallygag

New

Post by lallygag » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 am

Burger in a can wrote:Hey if anyone is still trying to access their class schedule, I figured out how to do it before receiving your letter- at least it worked for me. Here's what I did:

I followed the link in the email: --LinkRemoved--

Then I clicked on "New Student To-do List"

Then I clicked "schedule of classes" (#6 on the list)

Then I signed in using my peoplesoft# from my financial aid award letter, and the default password (which is helpfully explained by lallygag above)

I was directed to a page where I had to change my password. I did.

Then I ended up at this weird page with essentially a blank screen, with a small menu box in the upper left with a search field, 'My Favorites', 'Self-Service', etc.

I typed "schedule" into the search field.

My class schedule was the first thing that popped up.

Hope that helps anyone who is still having trouble! :)
You can also click on "Self-Service" in the menu box, then click on "Student Center". The first time you'll be asked to accept some sort of privacy waiver, and then your schedule should show up after that. (http://www.peoplesofthelp.uconn.edu/stu ... 7cs90.html)

AustinOrgans

New

Post by AustinOrgans » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Emac wrote:Thank you so much! I was able to login and get my schedule.

Now, I want to find out who is in my section.

This is for Contracts:

I have that Contracts class.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”