Brooklyn 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
wanttoleavemyjob
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Brooklyn 2013

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:01 pm

I didn't see this here yet so I thought I'd start it up. I haven't sent in a deposit yet- waiting for my visit. But after getting my scholarship info I'm pretty sold.

chocho
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby chocho » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:03 pm


wanttoleavemyjob
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm

But I'm not looking for acceptances- I'm looking for people who are planning to attend.

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:44 pm

..

chocho
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby chocho » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:51 pm

no dizzle

wanttoleavemyjob
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:30 am

Didn't mean to be rude- just looking for conversation.

ferryman
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby ferryman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 pm

let the conversation commence...

brooklyn was my first choice, already sent in my seat deposit.

where are you from that you're still waiting to visit?

wanttoleavemyjob
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:47 pm

I live really nearby actually- but can't take a lot of time off work. I'm going to the admitted students day in a few weeks- and toying with shadowing a student.

Are you in NYC also? Going to the Skadden event?

User avatar
miche1esim
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby miche1esim » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I am also pretty set on going to Brooklyn, though i have not sent the deposit in either and might wait until the March 23 open house day so i can actually see it. What are everyones opinions on housing? the halls seem nice, but are kind of pricey and i feel like it could be a fun adventure to find a place on my own, but i just know not..

User avatar
bludvl_prelaw
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby bludvl_prelaw » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

I haven't sent in a deposit, but I'm very much leaning towards Brooklyn. I've also been accepted to Wake Forest, Temple, and Rutgers-Newark.

BLS is giving me $39,700/year, so that's influencing my decision as well.

Anyone going to be at the Insider's Guide on March 22? I'm flying up.

wanttoleavemyjob
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby wanttoleavemyjob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 am

I'll be there on March 22...

ligirl
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby ligirl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 pm

I'm officially a class of 2013 Brooklyn Law student! :)

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:22 pm

They've been pretty nice to me, so....Sure, I'll give them my deposit. :-)

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby goosey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:12 am

unknownscholar wrote:They've been pretty nice to me, so....Sure, I'll give them my deposit. :-)


+1

they are really nice.

is everyone here ft?

I'm mailing my deposit in tomorrow--have the check signed and everything already. I'm really excited. I also am considering shadowing a student

ixkofm
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby ixkofm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:25 am

Yea I agree they are extremely nice and since the lines of communication opened they have been consistent in their correspondence with me and have made me feel like they really want me as a student.

I was at the ASD in March and it only got me more excited about everything the school has to offer. Haven't put the deposit in yet, but I plan to drop it off on Monday.

Oh, and if you are planning on shadowing a student/sitting in on a class i think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of professors, attitude of students, and overall flow of things.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby goosey » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:43 am

ixkofm wrote:Yea I agree they are extremely nice and since the lines of communication opened they have been consistent in their correspondence with me and have made me feel like they really want me as a student.

I was at the ASD in March and it only got me more excited about everything the school has to offer. Haven't put the deposit in yet, but I plan to drop it off on Monday.

Oh, and if you are planning on shadowing a student/sitting in on a class i think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of professors, attitude of students, and overall flow of things.



I haven't visited the school yet. I am overall not impressed by the "pretty" aspect of the nyc schools, nyc schools are usually pretty ugly haha. So that didnt factor into my decision at all. But I do want to go in and see where Ill be spending my next 3 years haha.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby goosey » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm

*bump*

are we worried about the rankings slip?

ligirl
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby ligirl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:49 pm

goosey wrote:*bump*

are we worried about the rankings slip?


I had a small panic attack and got over it, so no - not really.

ixpresxi
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby ixpresxi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey...i also submitted my deposit and will be attending Brooklyn Law this fall.

I started a facebook group for the class of 2013 to share information and organize events but since i'm not friends with anyone going i'm unable to invite members so please feel free to join...

Mr. Pablo
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby Mr. Pablo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 pm

I doubt the ranking change is of any significant importance, its the same school as it was 12 months ago.

User avatar
sophistry
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby sophistry » Fri May 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Alright, people, we've got to make a better showing that this. We're still on the first page and that ugly school up by the Lincoln Center is on page 32??

Who's excited about next year? Anyone coming here from out of state?


(J/k about the "ugly school," btw. Please don't ban me. I live in fear the TLS F*rdham horde.)

shutterbug
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby shutterbug » Fri May 07, 2010 3:36 pm

sophistry wrote:Alright, people, we've got to make a better showing that this. We're still on the first page and that ugly school up by the Lincoln Center is on page 32??

Who's excited about next year? Anyone coming here from out of state?


(J/k about the "ugly school," btw. Please don't ban me. I live in fear the TLS F*rdham horde.)


I think the other Brooklyn thread is on page 20.

User avatar
sophistry
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby sophistry » Fri May 07, 2010 4:10 pm

shutterbug wrote:
sophistry wrote:Alright, people, we've got to make a better showing that this. We're still on the first page and that ugly school up by the Lincoln Center is on page 32??

Who's excited about next year? Anyone coming here from out of state?


(J/k about the "ugly school," btw. Please don't ban me. I live in fear the TLS F*rdham horde.)


I think the other Brooklyn thread is on page 20.


I appreciate the participation, but you're missing the point. This is the Class of 2013 forum, not the Acceptance, Denial, Waitlist forum. Besides, in that other forum, the above-mentioned F*rdham is on page 313546844665485 or so.

User avatar
sophistry
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby sophistry » Fri May 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Perhaps a "Brooklyn is Love" tar would help.

Mr. Pablo
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Brooklyn 2013

Postby Mr. Pablo » Fri May 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Hai Guyz.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests