UNLV/Boyd c/o 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
historyholly

New

Re: UNLV/Boyd c/o 2013

Post by historyholly » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Section one torts can't have their laptops either :(

a3839

New

Post by a3839 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 pm

mcginley (torts) and stempel (civ pro) are married. no laptop is a real bitch but you probably do learn the most there because of it. still a bitch though.

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Where is the closest place to park to the law school and which road should I enter campus from to get there?

a3839

New

Post by a3839 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 am

park in the garage on cottage grove. cottage grove is off maryland and first street south of flamingo. if you live north, i would take claymont though to avoid maryland traffic (and you cant turn left off cottage to maryland)

http://maps.unlv.edu/PDF/main-parking-color-abbrev.pdf --- "P"

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:43 pm

One more heads-up: If you have a grad PLUS loan, and it hasn't disbursed, you probably need to fill out a form.

http://finaid.unlv.edu/resources/forms/ ... KSHEET.pdf

Might save someone a trip to FA :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Did anyone else get an email a few days ago about signing a promissory note? I assumed it was a generic mass email because I already did the promissory note...

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 am

PhantaManta wrote:Did anyone else get an email a few days ago about signing a promissory note? I assumed it was a generic mass email because I already did the promissory note...
Yeah, me too.

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:43 am

Well, now that I did computer orientation, shit's getting real, and the days spent posting about law school on here are about to turn into days of actual law school over here.

With that in mind and since we are about to be real classmates, I thought perhaps we should figure out a way to reveal our identities so we know who we've been posting with (I think I know who most of you are, but there are a few I don't.)

Also, if any of you want to start an elite TLS study group, I'm down.

CYA!

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am

PhantaManta wrote:Well, now that I did computer orientation, shit's getting real, and the days spent posting about law school on here are about to turn into days of actual law school over here.

With that in mind and since we are about to be real classmates, I thought perhaps we should figure out a way to reveal our identities so we know who we've been posting with (I think I know who most of you are, but there are a few I don't.)

Also, if any of you want to start an elite TLS study group, I'm down.

CYA!
Easy enough:

<-- John Niman

I'm down for a study group too.

It looks like they're doing their level best the first weekend after school begins to get us mixed around with other students, so it'd be cool to find each other and kick it off site.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm

<--- Michael Mee

If you don't have me on facebook feel free to add me, people reading this. And yes, lots of things going on! I assume most of you will be at the BBQ?

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:05 am

Just got the money in my account, yay won't starve! :)

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:46 am

How much did you get? I ended up getting less than I thought I would... And it's also less than another future Boyd classmate received... I feel like I'm getting shortchanged...

Also, what group of classes is everyone taking?

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:05 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:How much did you get? I ended up getting less than I thought I would... And it's also less than another future Boyd classmate received... I feel like I'm getting shortchanged...

Also, what group of classes is everyone taking?

??? What do you mean group of classes? If you mean section, section 2.

How did you get less than you anticipated? Did you not click the "Accept X Amount" of loans box at My.UNLV? I accepted $20,000-ish dollars in loans for this year, and I got half of it in my bank account now, and will get half next semester.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AsexualChocolate

Bronze

Post by AsexualChocolate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:22 am

Are all sections taking the same classes? I don't have Contracts but thought perhaps the other section does...?

It appears my seat deposit wasn't included in my refund (I rec'd 9800 back). I know someone who said their account also looks like it didn't include the seat deposit, but they also rec'd about 10200 back. Maybe it's because I'm not a scholarship student? But I don't know how that would affect the refund amount...?

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:39 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:Are all sections taking the same classes? I don't have Contracts but thought perhaps the other section does...?

It appears my seat deposit wasn't included in my refund (I rec'd 9800 back). I know someone who said their account also looks like it didn't include the seat deposit, but they also rec'd about 10200 back. Maybe it's because I'm not a scholarship student? But I don't know how that would affect the refund amount...?
The person who received 10200 may have also accepted a Grad Plus loan. I did not, and I received about 9,800. I dunno if I received a refund for the deposit, wasn't really paying attention :P.

Classes I have are Lawyering Process, Civ Pro, Property, Torts, and Criminal Law.

On another note, my other four professors have posted first assignments and syllabuses :)

None of my professors have achieved a rating of 3.0 on Rate My Professors, and nearly all are criticized for being far more concerned with policy than the actual law :(.

Edit: After doing research, it says I was supposed to get $10,199 disbursed. Instead, I received $9,773. Not sure why, not really worried, so if you are seeing something similar there is nothing wrong with your account, I think.

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 am

PhantaManta wrote:The person who received 10200 may have also accepted a Grad Plus loan. I did not, and I received about 9,800. I dunno if I received a refund for the deposit, wasn't really paying attention :P.

Edit: After doing research, it says I was supposed to get $10,199 disbursed. Instead, I received $9,773. Not sure why, not really worried, so if you are seeing something similar there is nothing wrong with your account, I think.
I think you're right about the grad plus loan to get to $10,200. I got the $9,773, but I also have to finish some paperwork to get my grad plus disbursement.

Also, asexual, check your account inquiry again? The seat deposit payment was the last thing to post on my account, but it hasn't been refunded yet. I totally forgot about that, and it'd be a nice surprise to see that come back.
PhantaManta wrote:On another note, my other four professors have posted first assignments and syllabuses :)

None of my professors have achieved a rating of 3.0 on Rate My Professors, and nearly all are criticized for being far more concerned with policy than the actual law :(.
Assholes. I was sitting around all week doing (almost) nothing, and then they dropped 300+ pages of reading down on Friday night.

At least two of them put stuff up early.

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:35 pm

I only had one of my classes with anything posted until Friday then bam! ;). It's actually not that bad... No stress for me until the first assignment is due! Or until I get randomly called on in class. Hope they don't start that on the first day.... :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”