UNLV/Boyd c/o 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
PhantaManta

Bronze

Re: UNLV/Boyd c/o 2013

Post by PhantaManta » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 pm

I saw that loans are dispersed on August 9th. Does anyone know how to go about getting the living expenses monies from them?

TaliaT

New

Post by TaliaT » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:03 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
PhantaManta wrote:
historyholly wrote:So, who is in section 1 with me? Let's see if they stacked all us scholarships kids together. Sad to see we are not in same section Phanta :(
:(. I guess it's only fair. They can't let all the win of the UNLV/Boyd c/o 2013 posters reside in one section ;).

On another note, my name is Michael and there are NINE Michael's in this entering class. I am used to having a common name, but c'mon!
Maybe we could stand to lose a few Michaels for a Talia...? :wink:

I know another scholarship kid who is in Section 2. I'm in section 1 (which I figured was the stupid kid section until I saw your post Holly). What section is everybody else in? Rebel?

Right now the score for scholarship kids appears to be:
Section 1: 1
Section 2: 2
Ive talked to Nathan. The admissions committee is getting together next week...should know shortly where I stand. And yes...any withdrawals are a HUGE help :)

TaliaT

New

Post by TaliaT » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

PhantaManta wrote:I saw that loans are dispersed on August 9th. Does anyone know how to go about getting the living expenses monies from them?
In the past, you have been able to set up a direct deposit account with them. I think its within a week after they pay tuition that youll get the rest of the funds. Call them and ask about direct deposit. Otherwise, youll get a check mailed and well...Im not so sure id want that size check mailed.

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 pm

TaliaT wrote:
PhantaManta wrote:I saw that loans are dispersed on August 9th. Does anyone know how to go about getting the living expenses monies from them?
In the past, you have been able to set up a direct deposit account with them. I think its within a week after they pay tuition that youll get the rest of the funds. Call them and ask about direct deposit. Otherwise, youll get a check mailed and well...Im not so sure id want that size check mailed.
Ah, thanks! I didn't see that Direct Deposit form on the website, but after putting it in google, I found it.

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 am

PhantaManta wrote:
TaliaT wrote:
Ah, thanks! I didn't see that Direct Deposit form on the website, but after putting it in google, I found it.
Yeah, direct deposit is the way to go.

Also, it doesn't seem to be too hard to have normal CoA adjustments done. They have the option of taking out a one time increase of up to $1300 for a computer; I just did that last week and got the approval in only a few days.

It may be more difficult for long-term adjustments, but for this everyone was very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

historyholly

New

Post by historyholly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:41 am

I got the form for direct deposit too, but it asks for my student ID #. Do we have those yet? I thought it was the net ID number we have been using, but since that was used as a password to get in for registration I am not sure.

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 pm

historyholly wrote:I got the form for direct deposit too, but it asks for my student ID #. Do we have those yet? I thought it was the net ID number we have been using, but since that was used as a password to get in for registration I am not sure.
That password / NSHE number is your student ID number. They used to have a different system, but transitioned into myunlv and the new system beginning this fall.

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:11 pm

I keep seeing @ UNLV's website that there is a way to set up direct deposit through MyUNLV, but don't see any explanation as to how... has anyone done this?

historyholly

New

Post by historyholly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:21 pm

I did it today. Log on and then go to student center. Under the section for finances, where yous loans and fin aid stuff are there should be blue writing that says setting up direct deposit. It should be the same section that says how much you owe for the semester because our loans and scholarship have not disbursed yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:30 pm

historyholly wrote:I did it today. Log on and then go to student center. Under the section for finances, where yous loans and fin aid stuff are there should be blue writing that says setting up direct deposit. It should be the same section that says how much you owe for the semester because our loans and scholarship have not disbursed yet.
Looked all over, still don't see it =(. It might just be that I don't have all the buttons on my MyUNLV yet... all I see is like "Financial Aid Summary" "Report other Financial Aid" "View Award Notification" and "View Disbursement Dates".

historyholly

New

Post by historyholly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 pm

You went to the wrong page. When you first go to the student center, don't click to the fin aid page. It is under "account inquiry" above the fin aid stuff, under the finances tab. I promise it is there :)

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Found it. I never let that front page load because I always clicked the Financial Aid tab too quickly. Thanks for explaining its location! Saved me a bunch of time :P

Greevy

New

Post by Greevy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 am

AsexualChocolate wrote:Scholarship kids in Section 1: 1
Scholarship kids in Section 2: 3

Looks like I've got a decent chance of being ranked #2 in the class (behind Holly of course)... :wink:
I'm also Section 1 and a scholarship kid; except I'm in Section 3 for Lawyering Process. Did anyone else get a different section for that class? I thought that was a little weird.

I'm just starting to get a little bugged about my scholarship still not showing on MyUNLV. But Neely said there's a bug and hopefully should get fixed soon. I need money! I still don't have a car to get to class =/ Anyone in Henderson want to give me a ride to orientation? Haha!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Greevy

New

Post by Greevy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:17 am

Greevy wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:Scholarship kids in Section 1: 1
Scholarship kids in Section 2: 3

Looks like I've got a decent chance of being ranked #2 in the class (behind Holly of course)... :wink:
I'm also Section 1 and a scholarship kid; except I'm in Section 3 for Lawyering Process. Did anyone else get a different section for that class? I thought that was a little weird.

I'm just starting to get a little bugged about my scholarship still not showing on MyUNLV. But Neely said there's a bug and hopefully should get fixed soon. I need money! I still don't have a car to get to class =/ Anyone in Henderson want to give me a ride to orientation? Haha!
Oops so the count is now:
Section 1: 2
Section 2: 3

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:30 pm

I think the whole everyone with a scholarship is in one section thing might be an urban legend, but who knows.

How is everyone who is relocating doing? Just got my internet set up and am reconnected to the rest of the world! It's hot out!

TaliaT

New

Post by TaliaT » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:06 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just want in already! I hate the waitlist. Id be ok if they got rid of it entirely.

Utilized my last resource today to get in. Well see how it goes this coming week.

a3839

New

Post by a3839 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 pm

you have a different section number for LP because it is a smaller class. it looks like there are only six day sections this year (last year there were eight) - so section 1 will be split into 3 classes and section 2 will be split into 3 classes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

historyholly

New

Post by historyholly » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:53 am

So, how is homework and moving going for everyone?

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:47 pm

I'm done moving, but as far as homework I only see something posted for one of my classes and it happens to be in a book I wasn't able to get yet (not in stock on amazon when I ordered the others).

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:16 pm

PhantaManta wrote:I'm done moving, but as far as homework I only see something posted for one of my classes and it happens to be in a book I wasn't able to get yet (not in stock on amazon when I ordered the others).
+1

I'm trying to get more info about that community law day thing, but no luck yet.

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 am

Anyone going to the computer orientation today?

So exciting :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Nope! Going tomorrow I AM PUMPED. ;)

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Has anyone got living expense money yet? It is posted in my account Summary on 8/9, but under the 'refund' column there is nothing posted and I didn't get any monies yet. I figure this will probably take a few days to a week, but just wanted to check with you guys :P

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 pm

PhantaManta wrote:Has anyone got living expense money yet? It is posted in my account Summary on 8/9, but under the 'refund' column there is nothing posted and I didn't get any monies yet. I figure this will probably take a few days to a week, but just wanted to check with you guys :P
No LE monies yet.

As a heads up, we were told today that Stempel (Civ Pro, Sec 2) does not allow laptops in class.

--ImageRemoved--

PhantaManta

Bronze

Post by PhantaManta » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 pm

But how will I check my fantasy baseball team / lose at Starcraft II / obsessivley read various forums without a laptop!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”