WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 05, 2010 4:12 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Figured I'd join this thread-admitted from the hold list yesterday, 90+% chance I'll be at WUSTL in the Fall. Looking forward to meeting everybody.


Welcome aboard.

And to mbaino and jcoug... as soon as I get this behemoth 60 page capstone paper finished, I too will be cracking open some drinks. Last college class tomorrow! And no finals! 8)

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby nyyankees » Wed May 05, 2010 4:39 pm

romothesavior wrote:There hasn't been enough activity in this thread as of late. I've been kinda pessimistic about law school lately, so how 'bout some WUSTL love to get me feeling good again? What's everybody up to?

And nyyankees, glad to hear it bud. Lookin' forward to seeing you in the fall.


thanks man, much appreciated.

im currently in morocco teaching three british girls and two kiwis about cinco de mayo and some good ol' fashioned american drinking games. fun will be had by all.

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby meddlingkid » Wed May 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Well I guess it's time to finally join the Facebook group. My USC rejection letter is in the mail...so it's all WUSTL all the time from here on out!

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm

I've been trying to find a WUSTL Law shirt, but haven't had any luck...Anybody know where I could find one?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I got a couple of WUSTL shirts (including a green law one) on the bookstore website. But apparently they are out of the male law school version, because they only have the women short sleeve law school tees left. You could get a bumper sticker though...

http://www.bkstr.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10537&langId=-1&catalogId=10001

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby meddlingkid » Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

romothesavior wrote:I got a couple of WUSTL shirts (including a green law one) on the bookstore website. But apparently they are out of the male law school version, because they only have the women short sleeve law school tees left. You could get a bumper sticker though...

http://www.bkstr.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10537&langId=-1&catalogId=10001


I'm gonna get me one of those clocks.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah that's what I thought. I'll probably give the bookstore a call in the next couple of days after I submit my deposit if it's still not listed.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 pm

I love this fleece quarter zip. Probably gonna get one:

http://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay/10001-10038-10537-33606941-1?demoKey=d

Also, there is another WUSTL website with apparel and gifts. Nothing law specific, but worth a look:

http://www.wubearnecessities.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=BNS

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:08 pm

Nice. Yep I think I'll probaby drop $200-$300 on wustl apparel and such over the course of the next couple of months. I'm not like an annoying school spirit guy or anything, just gotta show my pride!

BTW, I assume the majority of TLSers going to WUSTL aren't from St. Louis. When are most people moving to St. Louis?

User avatar
La Grind Date
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:35 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby La Grind Date » Wed May 05, 2010 6:31 pm

i feel you on the law school pride tip. wash u is generous, has a beautiful building ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28646 ), and, when considering national prestige, is def on the rise! i am very excited about attending! and about giving back to the school in the future.


did any of you guys have problems with the roommate survey? when i tried to submit, I got a message in computer code. I don't know if the survey went through.

User avatar
rhit2004
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby rhit2004 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Congratulations to all you WULAW 2013-ers. I am just finishing my 2L year (taking my last final exam tomorrow) and look forward to seeing all your smiling 1L faces in the Fall. First year is a lot of fun and far less stressful then you are led to believe.

User avatar
Llewellyn
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Llewellyn » Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 pm

rhit2004 wrote:Congratulations to all you WULAW 2013-ers. I am just finishing my 2L year (taking my last final exam tomorrow) and look forward to seeing all your smiling 1L faces in the Fall. First year is a lot of fun and far less stressful then you are led to believe.


I would also like to point out that every time you see someone wearing a suit during orientation week, pointedly ask them "Aren't you overdoing it?" If they respond with a confused look and mumble about OCI, they are lying and trying to make you feel secure about your own underdressed fail. Don't let this happen to you. The only way to come out of this in one piece is to retort caustically and with a heavy dose of sarcasm. Be creative. Don't let those gunners leave orientation week thinking they'll be secure at 10am next Monday.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu May 06, 2010 12:25 am

If I saw someone wearing a suit at orientation week, I think I would throw up.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 06, 2010 12:55 am

Llewellyn wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:Congratulations to all you WULAW 2013-ers. I am just finishing my 2L year (taking my last final exam tomorrow) and look forward to seeing all your smiling 1L faces in the Fall. First year is a lot of fun and far less stressful then you are led to believe.


I would also like to point out that every time you see someone wearing a suit during orientation week, pointedly ask them "Aren't you overdoing it?" If they respond with a confused look and mumble about OCI, they are lying and trying to make you feel secure about your own underdressed fail. Don't let this happen to you. The only way to come out of this in one piece is to retort caustically and with a heavy dose of sarcasm. Be creative. Don't let those gunners leave orientation week thinking they'll be secure at 10am next Monday.


I plan on being the #1 gunner next year. Watch out Class of 2013, I'm coming for you...

If you see a kid wheeling a big roller bag, wearing a shirt and tie, constantly raising his hand in the front of the classroom, and camping outside his professor's door for office hours, you'll know who I am. 8)

kidding

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Thu May 06, 2010 1:05 am

romothesavior wrote:I plan on being the #1 gunner next year. Watch out Class of 2013, I'm coming for you...

If you see a kid wheeling a big roller bag, wearing a shirt and tie, constantly raising his hand in the front of the classroom, and camping outside his professor's door for office hours, you'll know who I am. 8)

kidding
ha...the "cool" face at the end of the message made this post.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby nyyankees » Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 am

romothesavior wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:Congratulations to all you WULAW 2013-ers. I am just finishing my 2L year (taking my last final exam tomorrow) and look forward to seeing all your smiling 1L faces in the Fall. First year is a lot of fun and far less stressful then you are led to believe.


I would also like to point out that every time you see someone wearing a suit during orientation week, pointedly ask them "Aren't you overdoing it?" If they respond with a confused look and mumble about OCI, they are lying and trying to make you feel secure about your own underdressed fail. Don't let this happen to you. The only way to come out of this in one piece is to retort caustically and with a heavy dose of sarcasm. Be creative. Don't let those gunners leave orientation week thinking they'll be secure at 10am next Monday.


I plan on being the #1 gunner next year. Watch out Class of 2013, I'm coming for you...

If you see a kid wheeling a big roller bag, wearing a shirt and tie, constantly raising his hand in the front of the classroom, and camping outside his professor's door for office hours, you'll know who I am. 8)
kidding


Step yo gunning game up! Im going three piece suit and bowtie on the first day. first row, tape recorder in breast pocket in case i miss anything (but i wont). Im gonna tell the professors I have a class that conflicts with their office hours just so i can set up a private office hour that isnt sullied by your elementary and asinine questions. I dont need the roller bag, ive already outlined all the books twice, with 5 different highlighters for separate accents. And I only raise my hand to ask questions that are wholly irrelevant but display my academic prowess.

You just got gunnered!

User avatar
kdw94780
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby kdw94780 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:38 am

nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:There hasn't been enough activity in this thread as of late. I've been kinda pessimistic about law school lately, so how 'bout some WUSTL love to get me feeling good again? What's everybody up to?

And nyyankees, glad to hear it bud. Lookin' forward to seeing you in the fall.


thanks man, much appreciated.

im currently in morocco teaching three british girls and two kiwis about cinco de mayo and some good ol' fashioned american drinking games. fun will be had by all.


Whoa I just came back from Morocco after spending 10 weeks there.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 am

nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:Congratulations to all you WULAW 2013-ers. I am just finishing my 2L year (taking my last final exam tomorrow) and look forward to seeing all your smiling 1L faces in the Fall. First year is a lot of fun and far less stressful then you are led to believe.


I would also like to point out that every time you see someone wearing a suit during orientation week, pointedly ask them "Aren't you overdoing it?" If they respond with a confused look and mumble about OCI, they are lying and trying to make you feel secure about your own underdressed fail. Don't let this happen to you. The only way to come out of this in one piece is to retort caustically and with a heavy dose of sarcasm. Be creative. Don't let those gunners leave orientation week thinking they'll be secure at 10am next Monday.


I plan on being the #1 gunner next year. Watch out Class of 2013, I'm coming for you...

If you see a kid wheeling a big roller bag, wearing a shirt and tie, constantly raising his hand in the front of the classroom, and camping outside his professor's door for office hours, you'll know who I am. 8)
kidding


Step yo gunning game up! Im going three piece suit and bowtie on the first day. first row, tape recorder in breast pocket in case i miss anything (but i wont). Im gonna tell the professors I have a class that conflicts with their office hours just so i can set up a private office hour that isnt sullied by your elementary and asinine questions. I dont need the roller bag, ive already outlined all the books twice, with 5 different highlighters for separate accents. And I only raise my hand to ask questions that are wholly irrelevant but display my academic prowess.

You just got gunnered!


Ooooohhhhh shit... The gauntlet has been thrown down.

ITS A GUN OFF!!!

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:43 pm

romothesavior wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I plan on being the #1 gunner next year. Watch out Class of 2013, I'm coming for you...

If you see a kid wheeling a big roller bag, wearing a shirt and tie, constantly raising his hand in the front of the classroom, and camping outside his professor's door for office hours, you'll know who I am. 8)
kidding


Step yo gunning game up! Im going three piece suit and bowtie on the first day. first row, tape recorder in breast pocket in case i miss anything (but i wont). Im gonna tell the professors I have a class that conflicts with their office hours just so i can set up a private office hour that isnt sullied by your elementary and asinine questions. I dont need the roller bag, ive already outlined all the books twice, with 5 different highlighters for separate accents. And I only raise my hand to ask questions that are wholly irrelevant but display my academic prowess.

You just got gunnered!


Ooooohhhhh shit... The gauntlet has been thrown down.

ITS A GUN OFF!!!


(Now secretly hoping there actually are going to be a couple of people like this in our class just for the entertainment value)

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 06, 2010 12:53 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I plan on being the #1 gunner next year. Watch out Class of 2013, I'm coming for you...

If you see a kid wheeling a big roller bag, wearing a shirt and tie, constantly raising his hand in the front of the classroom, and camping outside his professor's door for office hours, you'll know who I am. 8)
kidding


Step yo gunning game up! Im going three piece suit and bowtie on the first day. first row, tape recorder in breast pocket in case i miss anything (but i wont). Im gonna tell the professors I have a class that conflicts with their office hours just so i can set up a private office hour that isnt sullied by your elementary and asinine questions. I dont need the roller bag, ive already outlined all the books twice, with 5 different highlighters for separate accents. And I only raise my hand to ask questions that are wholly irrelevant but display my academic prowess.

You just got gunnered!


Ooooohhhhh shit... The gauntlet has been thrown down.

ITS A GUN OFF!!!


(Now secretly hoping there actually are going to be a couple of people like this in our class just for the entertainment value)


I hope so too, but I can promise you it won't be me.

I'm too cool for school... I'll be in the back smoking a cigarette wearing aviators and a Run DMC shirt, and if I get called on I'll be like, "Yo what up prof?" And if it is my day to overview a case, it will go something like this:

"Hey dawg, look here, right... There was this one dude who was like, "Hey man... we signed a contract for those widgets,' and then this other dude was like, 'Yeah, but now I can't sell them to you.' But then this first dude was like, 'Yeah, but now my business is gonna be hurtin' fo sho.' And the court told the second guy, 'Man, you trippin'... you best pay that dude cause y'all signed a contract.'"

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm

hahaha <3 this thread. Can't wait to meet all of y'all!

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 pm

romothesavior wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:ITS A GUN OFF!!!


(Now secretly hoping there actually are going to be a couple of people like this in our class just for the entertainment value)


I hope so too, but I can promise you it won't be me.

I'm too cool for school... I'll be in the back smoking a cigarette wearing aviators and a Run DMC shirt, and if I get called on I'll be like, "Yo what up prof?" And if it is my day to overview a case, it will go something like this:

"Hey dawg, look here, right... There was this one dude who was like, "Hey man... we signed a contract for those widgets,' and then this other dude was like, 'Yeah, but now I can't sell them to you.' But then this first dude was like, 'Yeah, but now my business is gonna be hurtin' fo sho.' And the court told the second guy, 'Man, you trippin'... you best pay that dude cause y'all signed a contract.'"
hilarious. i have a feeling your humor will be welcomed and appreciated as we're all being pummeled with work this fall.

User avatar
Llewellyn
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Llewellyn » Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 pm

romothesavior wrote:"Hey dawg, look here, right... There was this one dude who was like, "Hey man... we signed a contract for those widgets,' and then this other dude was like, 'Yeah, but now I can't sell them to you.' But then this first dude was like, 'Yeah, but now my business is gonna be hurtin' fo sho.' And the court told the second guy, 'Man, you trippin'... you best pay that dude cause y'all signed a contract.'"

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 pm

romothesavior wrote:"Hey dawg, look here, right... There was this one dude who was like, "Hey man... we signed a contract for those widgets,' and then this other dude was like, 'Yeah, but now I can't sell them to you.' But then this first dude was like, 'Yeah, but now my business is gonna be hurtin' fo sho.' And the court told the second guy, 'Man, you trippin'... you best pay that dude cause y'all signed a contract.'"


Visited a school in which the guy whose turn it was to be the focus of the professor's disdain for life just sat there flipping through pages muttering incoherently throughout THE ENTIRE CLASS.

So, the class basically went like this.

1. Professor lectures for 3-5 minutes.
2. Professor asks aforementioned unprepared student question regarding reading/lecture
3. Unprepared student says nothing intelligible whatsoever (this goes on for 45 seconds to a minute every time)
4. Professor opens up question to rest of class, random person provides answer in less than 10 seconds
5. Repeat...for over an HOUR

Moral, I honestly think that answering the professor's question using ebonics would be a HUGE improvement over what this guy did.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 pm

najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:ITS A GUN OFF!!!


(Now secretly hoping there actually are going to be a couple of people like this in our class just for the entertainment value)


I hope so too, but I can promise you it won't be me.

I'm too cool for school... I'll be in the back smoking a cigarette wearing aviators and a Run DMC shirt, and if I get called on I'll be like, "Yo what up prof?" And if it is my day to overview a case, it will go something like this:

"Hey dawg, look here, right... There was this one dude who was like, "Hey man... we signed a contract for those widgets,' and then this other dude was like, 'Yeah, but now I can't sell them to you.' But then this first dude was like, 'Yeah, but now my business is gonna be hurtin' fo sho.' And the court told the second guy, 'Man, you trippin'... you best pay that dude cause y'all signed a contract.'"
hilarious. i have a feeling your humor will be welcomed and appreciated as we're all being pummeled with work this fall.


Keeping it light is what I do best. :D

And I love that meme. Hilarious.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest