mrgth51453 wrote:I'll preface by saying I don't really belong in this thread as I'm already at WUSTL.. but if it makes any of you feel better, once you're on campus, everyone involved in the law school is unbelievably helpful and willing to go above and beyond, up to and including deans.... can see why these e-mails would offend, but it isn't typical of the administration once you're a student. Not tryin to stick up for the school or nethin, but thought I'd throw that out there for anyone worried bout it...
Hey thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, I've been trying to get some questions answered from current WUSTL students. I've posted these in a few of the "taking questions" threads but have gotten few responses. If you could take a moment and respond, I'd appreciate it!
1. What is the job outlook for 2Ls? Information on students at 10%, 30%, 50%, and below median would be especially helpful. Obviously the top of the class should be just fine, but I'm curious as to how other students are faring.
2. What are most 1Ls doing? I'd imagine most are going with unpaid work, but I'm curious as to what kind of work people are finding. Anybody finding paid firm work, and if so, what do they do to get it?
3. I've heard that finding work in STL can be difficult, since many firms see people as a flight risk. This concerns me, since my top market choice is St. Louis. What is your perception of WUSTL placing people in St. Louis, and what does the current St. Louis legal market look like?
4. How is the night life/social scene at Wash U? I had a blast at the ASD and enjoyed some of the bars along Delmar, but I'm curious as to whether my one night there was representative of the night life at school.
5. What is your experience like with the CSO? I really liked Dean MS9 during the ASD and I feel like their office seems pretty aggressive in finding students jobs, but I'm curious as to what you think.
Thanks for taking questions.