WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Has anyone heard any news on the websters yet? I was told before May.


Also been waiting, but no info yet. Krystal Orr usually gives me the 411, but she's been out of the office.

User avatar
b0dylanguage
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby b0dylanguage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 am

Okay so I realize there's a thread out there for this already, but I want to hear from my future classmates: what are you guys doing this summer?

I have seven more days here at my job. Heading to Puerto Rico in May and Patagonia in June. Just bought tix for the Pitchfork Concert Series in Chicago in July. Maine trip planned for August. Lots of golf, lots of reading, lots of drinking. Will try and get into some sort of shape.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 am

b0dylanguage wrote:Okay so I realize there's a thread out there for this already, but I want to hear from my future classmates: what are you guys doing this summer?

I have seven more days here at my job. Heading to Puerto Rico in May and Patagonia in June. Just bought tix for the Pitchfork Concert Series in Chicago in July. Maine trip planned for August. Lots of golf, lots of reading, lots of drinking. Will try and get into some sort of shape.
damn....your summer is going to be a lot more fun than mine.... my summer will consist of working my university helpdesk tech job, going out on weekends, and walking on my treadmill daily...hanging on for dear life.

User avatar
dayang84
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby dayang84 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:42 am

b0dylanguage wrote:Okay so I realize there's a thread out there for this already, but I want to hear from my future classmates: what are you guys doing this summer?

I have seven more days here at my job. Heading to Puerto Rico in May and Patagonia in June. Just bought tix for the Pitchfork Concert Series in Chicago in July. Maine trip planned for August. Lots of golf, lots of reading, lots of drinking. Will try and get into some sort of shape.


b0dylanguage: I'm definitely envious of your summer! Patagonia for a month? Hablas espanol? I'm working until the last week of July, travelling a bit around Asia and then headed to the states just in time to get a room and make it to 1L orientation.

User avatar
b0dylanguage
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby b0dylanguage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 am

dayang84 wrote:
b0dylanguage wrote:Okay so I realize there's a thread out there for this already, but I want to hear from my future classmates: what are you guys doing this summer?

I have seven more days here at my job. Heading to Puerto Rico in May and Patagonia in June. Just bought tix for the Pitchfork Concert Series in Chicago in July. Maine trip planned for August. Lots of golf, lots of reading, lots of drinking. Will try and get into some sort of shape.


b0dylanguage: I'm definitely envious of your summer! Patagonia for a month? Hablas espanol? I'm working until the last week of July, travelling a bit around Asia and then headed to the states just in time to get a room and make it to 1L orientation.


Ha, Patagonia for 12 days. Don't really speak much Spanish. Where in Asia will you be?

User avatar
dayang84
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby dayang84 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 pm

b0dylanguage wrote:
dayang84 wrote:
b0dylanguage wrote:Okay so I realize there's a thread out there for this already, but I want to hear from my future classmates: what are you guys doing this summer?

I have seven more days here at my job. Heading to Puerto Rico in May and Patagonia in June. Just bought tix for the Pitchfork Concert Series in Chicago in July. Maine trip planned for August. Lots of golf, lots of reading, lots of drinking. Will try and get into some sort of shape.


b0dylanguage: I'm definitely envious of your summer! Patagonia for a month? Hablas espanol? I'm working until the last week of July, travelling a bit around Asia and then headed to the states just in time to get a room and make it to 1L orientation.


Ha, Patagonia for 12 days. Don't really speak much Spanish. Where in Asia will you be?


I'm in China, been living here for the past 3 years...travelling around SE asia and some parts of China I haven't visited yet before heading back. See you in August!

User avatar
Joga Bonito
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Hanging out in Chicago till my job ends then going to the Dominican Republic for a couple months before school starts. And si, hablo espanol.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby panadera » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm doing the big stereotypical Europe trip. Granted, I'm already in Europe, so it makes it easier. Classes don't end until July anyway. So I get a month and a half of fun until school starts. But right now we're all grounded because of the volcano. Hoping it clears up soon.

pudge
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby pudge » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm

first time posting after months of keeping an eye on this thread. psyched to be heading to st. louis after living on the east coast my whole life.

i'll be hanging out with friends in new york city most of the summer, with tentative trips to shanghai for the world expo in july and chicago.

User avatar
dayang84
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby dayang84 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm

pudge wrote:first time posting after months of keeping an eye on this thread. psyched to be heading to st. louis after living on the east coast my whole life.

i'll be hanging out with friends in new york city most of the summer, with tentative trips to shanghai for the world expo in july and chicago.


Hit me up if you make it to SH :)

User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby myq » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Working in China and traveling around Asia until July, going to two weddings, hanging out at home for the first time in a while, visiting family and friends in NYC/Philly, and then driving from South Florida to St. Louis in August.

And maybe reading some of those suggested 0L books?

porkbraiser
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby porkbraiser » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Competing in World Series of Poker tournaments, taking the patent bar and hanging out with family in Taiwan

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Working two jobs (that I love!) and a trip to NYC, possible road trip to Cali, possible trip to Mexico and trip to St. Louis to find a place to live! I'm definitely excited for the summer. Oh and as many weekend trips to Austin, so I can soak it up before I leave Tejas :(.

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Staying in sunny Boulder, Colorado and hiking some 14ers. Oh, and working.

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jman77 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

On a different note....anyone else get the deferral e-mail, i.e., if you defer your start to next year, they will also defer the scholarship?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 pm

jks289 wrote:Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.


Yes, I got this as well. But honestly I'm so ready to get into law school at this point, I don't think i could take another year at work... even though I would get promoted to manager....

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 pm

fl0w wrote:
jks289 wrote:Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.


Yes, I got this as well. But honestly I'm so ready to get into law school at this point, I don't think i could take another year at work... even though I would get promoted to manager....


Me too. Maybe if they offered to increase the scholarship if I deferred (ala Northwestern) I'd think about it. :D

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jman77 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:05 pm

jks289 wrote:
fl0w wrote:
jks289 wrote:Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.


Yes, I got this as well. But honestly I'm so ready to get into law school at this point, I don't think i could take another year at work... even though I would get promoted to manager....


Me too. Maybe if they offered to increase the scholarship if I deferred (ala Northwestern) I'd think about it. :D


+1. Perhaps I will reply to their e-mail and ask if they would increase my scholarship; if so, by how much. If the numbers add up, I may very well defer.

User avatar
AgentSCo
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby AgentSCo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:06 pm

jks289 wrote:Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.


Yeah, it sounds like they received a lot more seat deposits than they anticipated. I'm not sure how this would effect our incoming class, but it would kind of suck if every 1L class were significantly over-enrolled.

On another note, I'll continue working full-time until I move to St. Louis in August. Are a lot of people quitting their jobs early so they have some time to take trips, etc., before law school? I'm kind of regretting not planning to do something before the fall semester begins.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:10 pm

AgentSCo wrote:
jks289 wrote:Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.


Yeah, it sounds like they received a lot more seat deposits than they anticipated. I'm not sure how this would effect our incoming class, but it would kind of suck if every 1L class were significantly over-enrolled.

On another note, I'll continue working full-time until I move to St. Louis in August. Are a lot of people quitting their jobs early so they have some time to take trips, etc., before law school? I'm kind of regretting not planning to do something before the fall semester begins.


It seems premature to think the final class will be over-enrolled. We still haven't reached the May 1st refund deadline, and even past that point how many of us are still holding out on waitlists? I do wonder what this means for other similar and higher ranked schools, though.

User avatar
AgentSCo
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby AgentSCo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:48 pm

jks289 wrote:It seems premature to think the final class will be over-enrolled. We still haven't reached the May 1st refund deadline, and even past that point how many of us are still holding out on waitlists? I do wonder what this means for other similar and higher ranked schools, though.


Good points. I was wondering, though, why the only two e-mails I've received since I've paid my deposit both seem to discourage attendees from attending this fall. Is this pretty standard stuff?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 pm

jks289 wrote:
AgentSCo wrote:
jks289 wrote:Did everyone else get this email to:

"Over the last several days, we have received a number of inquiries from admitted students regarding the possibility of deferring their start of law school to the fall of 2011. If your seat in the class is deferred we will also defer your scholarship. If this is something you would like to consider, please contact the admissions office."

I am starting to take these emails sort of personally. First the "Remember if you decide not to come we'll give you your money back" and now this. Have they just seriously over-enrolled?

Edit: I guess jman's post above answers that.


Yeah, it sounds like they received a lot more seat deposits than they anticipated. I'm not sure how this would effect our incoming class, but it would kind of suck if every 1L class were significantly over-enrolled.

On another note, I'll continue working full-time until I move to St. Louis in August. Are a lot of people quitting their jobs early so they have some time to take trips, etc., before law school? I'm kind of regretting not planning to do something before the fall semester begins.


It seems premature to think the final class will be over-enrolled. We still haven't reached the May 1st refund deadline, and even past that point how many of us are still holding out on waitlists? I do wonder what this means for other similar and higher ranked schools, though.


Yes, but they have their historical percentages, and perhaps a higher percent has held on to their offers than in years past.

Did anyone other than someone with close to a full ride get this e-mail? They may just be over-deposited regarding people offered full schollies. I think, from what I have seen on here and on LSN, hella people are holding on to safeties this year though, especially if they got a full ride, just to have a debt-free option. This has to be nerve-wracking for admissions offices.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jks289 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 pm

AgentSCo wrote:
jks289 wrote:It seems premature to think the final class will be over-enrolled. We still haven't reached the May 1st refund deadline, and even past that point how many of us are still holding out on waitlists? I do wonder what this means for other similar and higher ranked schools, though.


Good points. I was wondering, though, why the only two e-mails I've received since I've paid my deposit both seem to discourage attendees from attending this fall. Is this pretty standard stuff?


Completely agree about it being really bad form. I haven't heard of other schools doing this, but I suppose they want to be proactive about weeding out people who don't plan to attend.

In response to the scholarship speculation I received a very small scholarship, so it seems odd I'd be included in that group.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby nowinGA » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

I was in love with this place, but all of this stuff is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Anyone else? The financial aid director is extremely rude, unhelpful, and condescending...and this admissions stuff seems weird. I mean, if I want to defer, I'll call ya, WashU!

I mean, I really liked the place...but it's just starting to feel negative...am I alone in this?

The other schools where I am admitted are still woo-ing me, not trying to get rid of me...WashU just feels very different.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest