WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
JCougar

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Proposition:

We convert the CSO into a student lounge with pool tables, pinball machines, and a whiskey bar. The fact that the CSO has completely gone away will actually benefit us. Getting rid of it will make us more likely to find a job, since its mere existance conveys the impression that there is something that it is doing that we don't have to do ourselves. However, it, in fact, does nothing. If the impression that it does something did not occupy a spot in our minds, we would all be more inclined to get our own shit together and get everything done ourselves without any help from the CSO, instead of relying on their empty promises.

Thoughts? Questions?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 pm

JCougar wrote:Proposition:

We convert the CSO into a student lounge with pool tables, pinball machines, and a whiskey bar. The fact that the CSO has completely gone away will actually benefit us. Getting rid of it will make us more likely to find a job, since its mere existance conveys the impression that there is something that it is doing that we don't have to do ourselves. However, it, in fact, does nothing. If the impression that it does something did not occupy a spot in our minds, we would all be more inclined to get our own shit together and get everything done ourselves without any help from the CSO, instead of relying on their empty promises.

Thoughts? Questions?
We could throw in a computer with all the browser homepages set to TLS for people who truly know nothing, too! Those are the people who benefit the most from the CSO, the employment boards would probably help 'em more. SBA reps, get on it

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Soo, with registration tomorrow anyone here anything about Admin law?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:33 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Soo, with registration tomorrow anyone here anything about Admin law?
Levin's cool, but kinda boring when teaching (although he has his moments - legendary puns). Very traditionally Socratic, but he's nice about it - out to challenge/educate, not humiliate. Supposed to have wrote the admin textbook, and he's hyper-intelligent, IMO. Doesn't seem to mind people who miss class or aren't prepared and allows laptops, sooooo..... that's a definite plus.

AgentSCo

Postby AgentSCo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:02 am

Was anybody taking the Civ Pro final on the second floor (Room 204, I believe)? Why was there construction going on during the middle of a final?! I went outside but didn't see anything, but it sounded like they were drilling INSIDE THE ROOM!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 am

AgentSCo wrote:Was anybody taking the Civ Pro final on the second floor (Room 204, I believe)? Why was there construction going on during the middle of a final?! I went outside but didn't see anything, but it sounded like they were drilling INSIDE THE ROOM!

We had like 20 kids walk right by our room during ours (3rd floor). Really distracting and annoying, but thankfully it only lasted like 30 seconds.

AgentSCo

Postby AgentSCo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 am

romothesavior wrote:We had like 20 kids walk right by our room during ours (3rd floor). Really distracting and annoying, but thankfully it only lasted like 30 seconds.

That can still be irritating, though. The construction (or whatever it was) on the second floor really seemed to be off-and-on for at least 15 minutes.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 pm

AgentSCo wrote:
romothesavior wrote:We had like 20 kids walk right by our room during ours (3rd floor). Really distracting and annoying, but thankfully it only lasted like 30 seconds.

That can still be irritating, though. The construction (or whatever it was) on the second floor really seemed to be off-and-on for at least 15 minutes.

I noticed this too. It made me extremely angry. You should report it to the registrar so it doesn't happen again during any other finals.

Also... drilling into the room reminded me of People v. Staples because I'm studying crim right now. That case where he's trying to drill into the bank from the floor above.

So taking CivPro, hear drilling, distracted, start thinking CrimLaw case... big fat doubleyew.tee.eff.

AgentSCo

Postby AgentSCo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:04 am

Several people complained to the proctors at the end of the test, and I remember them saying that they were going to tell the registrar's office.

I usually don't mind a little noise, but it was pretty extreme. People were getting visibly irritated, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody else during exams.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 am

OHCRAPITZ...
OOOOVEERRR!!!

Die in a Fire, 1L.
<3

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 am

Has anybody gotten any grades other than LRM? A few sections had grades in ~3 weeks last semester, so I'm really surprised no one has anything yet. I wouldn't be surprised if some professors already turned them in and they just haven't been posted by the registrar. And almost 8 weeks now since we turned in LP? Kinda ridiculous.

myq

Postby myq » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

romothesavior wrote:Has anybody gotten any grades other than LRM? A few sections had grades in ~3 weeks last semester, so I'm really surprised no one has anything yet. I wouldn't be surprised if some professors already turned them in and they just haven't been posted by the registrar. And almost 8 weeks now since we turned in LP? Kinda ridiculous.

Section C got our LP grades. But yeah, this is torture.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Consider yourselves lucky - E doesn't even have LRM yet. Maybe they're trying to 86 folks' chances at transferring? Good thing I have no intention of doing so or I'd pretty much be apoplectic right now.

Could have something to do with the infamous jackhammer-during-civpro event, but it seems unlikely when I think about last semester and how terrible the professors/registrar's office was with getting grades in. Someone in the WUSTL 2014 thread mentioned that half of the admissions office isn't in till the 6th, maybe it's the same thing as last semester and the lady who does it is sick (or on vacation :x )

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:49 pm

stratocophic wrote:Consider yourselves lucky - E doesn't even have LRM yet. Maybe they're trying to 86 folks' chances at transferring? Good thing I have no intention of doing so or I'd pretty much be apoplectic right now.

Could have something to do with the infamous jackhammer-during-civpro event, but it seems unlikely when I think about last semester and how terrible the professors/registrar's office was with getting grades in. Someone in the WUSTL 2014 thread mentioned that half of the admissions office isn't in till the 6th, maybe it's the same thing as last semester and the lady who does it is sick (or on vacation :x )

I thought they were good at getting them back last semester, at least for most sections. D and F had ours back in about 3-4 weeks of each exam, and LP was in pretty fast as well. But I do think this is the registrar and not the professors (at least for the core classes) because a lot of upperclassmen have grades. Hopefully it isn't to prevent transfers, but I can't see WUSTL being TTT to students like that.

I am seriously fed up with LP though, there is absolutely no excuse for not having that to us.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Consider yourselves lucky - E doesn't even have LRM yet. Maybe they're trying to 86 folks' chances at transferring? Good thing I have no intention of doing so or I'd pretty much be apoplectic right now.

I thought they were good at getting them back last semester, at least for most sections. D and F had ours back in about 3-4 weeks of each exam, and LP was in pretty fast as well. But I do think this is the registrar and not the professors (at least for the core classes) because a lot of upperclassmen have grades. Hopefully it isn't to prevent transfers, but I can't see WUSTL being TTT to students like that.

I am seriously fed up with LP though, there is absolutely no excuse for not having that to us.
Nah, I don't think they'd do that. Agreed about LP.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 am

Word is that two of our three core class profs are on vacation. That's cool.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Does every section have a "core class" grade except for C/D?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm

This is taken directly from the Student Handbook:

Rule E.9(a) wrote:9. Deadline for Reporting Grades.
(a) Except for graduates’ grades, which are due as announced by the Registrar’s Office, grades for the spring semester are due 5 weeks after the last day of the exam period, grades for the summer session are due 4 weeks after the last day of the exam period, and grades for the fall semester are due as follows....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe finals were over May 6th. 5 weeks would be tomorrow, June 10. So why did the Registrar send us an email Tuesday saying that everything would be in by next Friday the 17th? Grumble... Hopefully it happens before then.

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 am

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:26 am

Rock Chalk wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This is taken directly from the Student Handbook:

(a) Except for graduates’ grades, which are due as announced by the Registrar’s Office, grades for the spring semester are due 5 weeks after the last day of the exam period, grades for the summer session are due 4 weeks after the last day of the exam period, and grades for the fall semester are due as follows....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe finals were over May 6th. 5 weeks would be tomorrow, June 10. So why did the Registrar send us an email Tuesday saying that everything would be in by next Friday the 17th? Grumble... Hopefully it happens before then.

Have you brought this to their attention? I'm all for an uprising at this point. Heads shall roll.
+1

GIMME MAH GRADES

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am

stratocophic wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:
romothesavior wrote:This is taken directly from the Student Handbook:

Have you brought this to their attention? I'm all for an uprising at this point. Heads shall roll.
+1

GIMME MAH GRADES

NM WUSTL, TAKE THEM BACK

Oban

Postby Oban » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:16 pm

grades = lol

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 pm

quadsixm wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:
+1

GIMME MAH GRADES

NM WUSTL, TAKE THEM BACK
Highly credited.

blackmambakatana

Postby blackmambakatana » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:30 am

Anybody here planning to sell study guides or old textbooks? :)

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 pm

blackmambakatana wrote:Anybody here planning to sell study guides or old textbooks? :)

Yes and yes. PM me what you need.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”