WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
fl0w

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:19 pm

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Sorry for all the gunning in Torts today... had to put nyyankees in his place.

What's everyone's take on orientation? It has been a lot more fun than I'd expected. Everyone seems really nice and our class is pretty cool so far.

And I had sworn off long islands after last Tuesday, but it looks like that will be coming to an end. 2 for 1 LITs? Dangerous...

stuff.

nevermind. i decided against posting what came to my mind immediately. wouldn't be prudent.
But yes, I do agree that overall the class is pretty freakin' smart as well as pretty freakin' chill. It's a good feeling.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:24 pm

romothesavior wrote:~general slacking~

did you say you were going to post a link about how to use MS OneNote on here?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 pm

fl0w wrote:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=127496

This guy is really intense, but his overall system looks pretty good. I plan to use it to some degree (notebook for each class, tabs for assignments/homework/briefs, pages for different cases, etc.) The link is at least a decent overview to some of the features of OneNote... it seems like it is really a fantastic program if you take the time to learn how to use it.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:08 pm

fl0w wrote:

And slacking? Please son... I've been busy outlining for Ks and Torts. While the rest of you plebes are worrying about this stuff for orientation, I'm months ahead of you for the classes that really count.

--ImageRemoved--

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
nyyankees wrote:you may have outgunned me in torts, but i dominated my lexisnexis/westlaw section. I gave my section a better/faster way to look shit up than the way they went over...what.up.thug. marantha's baby kicked in the womb with excitement

Damn romo, I think he wins.

BTW, nyyankees, as soon as you and one other person accept invites to the fantasy league I can go ahead and schedule the draft online. Since the last section's luncheon ends at 1:45 on Friday, I say we shoot for 2:15 at somewhere near campus.

im in.

I also mentioned the league to a couple other 1Ls who are big football fans and wanted in so i told them id ask the powers that be if we can add two more, i know we are already at 12 which is a pretty full schedule so if you/we decide that we dont want more than 12 thats cool too. fwiw they would be ready to draft friday afternoon

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:13 pm

nyyankees wrote:im in.

I also mentioned the league to a couple other 1Ls who are big football fans and wanted in so i told them id ask the powers that be if we can add two more, i know we are already at 12 which is a pretty full schedule so if you/we decide that we dont want more than 12 thats cool too. fwiw they would be ready to draft friday afternoon

PM'd.

StevenGersten

Postby StevenGersten » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 pm

anyone getting/going to a bar to watch the ufc ppv saturday night?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 pm

sigh.

i can't wait for the stupid affirmative action debate in mock-class tomorrow.

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:18 pm

fl0w wrote:sigh.

I can't wait for the 89 people that will freak out when they realize a traffic ticket is a criminal offense during the professionalism gig...myself included.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Don't worry...if that happens, it will be half the class versus the two people in the federalist society...

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:12 am

JCougar wrote:

Don't worry...if that happens, it will be half the class versus the two people in the federalist society...

LOL'd.

In other news, I got mistaken for you today at my alumni dinner; you must be steppin up your game. It's too bad you and romo got screwed out of the dinners. Everybody at my dinner has already been guaranteed associate positions and 160k salaries upon graduation. Don't worry, I'm sure DLA Piper will be a great time.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:35 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:
JCougar wrote:

LOL'd.

In other news, I got mistaken for you today at my alumni dinner; you must be steppin up your game. It's too bad you and romo got screwed out of the dinners. Everybody at my dinner has already been guaranteed associate positions and 160k salaries upon graduation. Don't worry, I'm sure DLA Piper will be a great time.

Hey, I got my dinner finally at the last minute. My host and I got along real well...we're going out scotch tasting later this week and then going sailing on his yacht off Cape Cod during fall break. I think his last name was "Wassail" or "Wachteal" or "Wachtell" or something...I don't remember I'm too drunk from all the shots we were downing.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 am

i love tonight because i was literally in bed about to go to sleep and then around midnight it was on and poppin. thanks for the chill night guys.

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:10 pm

This is exactly how I felt when reading that case. Luckily the professor steered us back on topic.

ninano

Postby ninano » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:15 pm

[quote="Hey, I got my dinner finally at the last minute. My host and I got along real well...we're going out scotch tasting later this week and then going sailing on his yacht off Cape Cod during fall break. I think his last name was "Wassail" or "Wachteal" or "Wachtell" or something...I don't remember I'm too drunk from all the shots we were downing.[/quote]

I almost believed you, but then I read the rest of this thread. :lol:

Harry Ballsogna

Postby Harry Ballsogna » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:05 pm

Anyone hear how the off campus interviews went for the 2L's this year?

Oban

Postby Oban » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:44 pm

From the 2Ls i spoke with things were getting started this week, one of the 2Ls at my service project had an interview that afternoon, so think in a few weeks they'll have a better idea.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Oban wrote:From the 2Ls i spoke with things were getting started this week, one of the 2Ls at my service project had an interview that afternoon, so think in a few weeks they'll have a better idea.
+1 This is still interview week. Other schools are done, but we started super late. Give 'em a few weeks to get any potential callbacks out of the way and then ask.

kk.mac

Postby kk.mac » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Hey guys...what do we have to read for Prof. Kim's lecture tomorrow? Is it the briefing packet on People v. Butler? Are we also supposed to read the articles in her section of the orientation book?

Oban

Postby Oban » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 am

lolverflow room

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:59 am

What is going on with the draft today? What time are we doing it? Where at? Does everyone know to be there?

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Due to a series of unfortunate events that happened while i was out of the country for nearly 3 years, i just arrived in st. louis yesterday and have since then slept with a single blanket on my carpet. I have cash, but no credit card, and only have an interim california driver's license. Basically, all this means, i can't even rent a car, have no internet, no furniture, etc....

i just moved into west end city apartments which is only like a 5 minute drive from campus i think. If anyone has enough time and grace to help drive me around for a day or two max for like target, wal-mart, etc..., send me a pm or send me an email to kkim236@gmail.com.... food, beers, and of course, gas money are on me.

Please, I'm dying here!!!!

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:18 pm

dudnaito wrote:Due to a series of unfortunate events that happened while i was out of the country for nearly 3 years, i just arrived in st. louis yesterday and have since then slept with a single blanket on my carpet. I have cash, but no credit card, and only have an interim california driver's license. Basically, all this means, i can't even rent a car, have no internet, no furniture, etc....

i just moved into west end city apartments which is only like a 5 minute drive from campus i think. If anyone has enough time and grace to help drive me around for a day or two max for like target, wal-mart, etc..., send me a pm or send me an email to kkim236@gmail.com.... food, beers, and of course, gas money are on me.

wow, im sorry man that sounds awful. Unfortunately, I dont have a car, but good luck figuring that out. Theres a lot of really good people at this school and on this board, im sure someone will step up and help out.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:46 pm

dudnaito wrote:Due to a series of unfortunate events that happened while i was out of the country for nearly 3 years, i just arrived in st. louis yesterday and have since then slept with a single blanket on my carpet. I have cash, but no credit card, and only have an interim california driver's license. Basically, all this means, i can't even rent a car, have no internet, no furniture, etc....

PM'd. I can do this tomorrow, most likely.

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:09 pm

StevenGersten wrote:anyone getting/going to a bar to watch the ufc ppv saturday night?

Im in eating lasagna out of my hands notwithstanding first round of drinks on me if someone can actually find a bar

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”