WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:16 pm

quadsixm wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:Anyone want to play tennis today? I'm around a 4.0 .


You're better than me (I was a 3.5 when I last played a few years ago, probably a 3.0 now), but we should hit sometime. Anybody else here play?

Also, anybody know any good gyms in STL for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai? I just got into it this summer and was hoping to continue.


I'll be looking for a Jiu-Jitsu gym myself. The one awesome thing about where I used to live was that I had an award-winning instructor who was a black belt in both Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai. He was also a green belt in Judo. He was one of the nicest people you could ever meet though. I'm going to miss that class.

User avatar
wustlgunner2013
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby wustlgunner2013 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:38 pm

JCougar wrote:
quadsixm wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:Anyone want to play tennis today? I'm around a 4.0 .


You're better than me (I was a 3.5 when I last played a few years ago, probably a 3.0 now), but we should hit sometime. Anybody else here play?

Also, anybody know any good gyms in STL for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai? I just got into it this summer and was hoping to continue.


I'll be looking for a Jiu-Jitsu gym myself. The one awesome thing about where I used to live was that I had an award-winning instructor who was a black belt in both Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai. He was also a green belt in Judo. He was one of the nicest people you could ever meet though. I'm going to miss that class.


First post on this forum - just got in off the 'list today and am also looking for a MT gym around here. I think there are a couple downtown... Any ideas?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I am always down for tennis but I am not that great. I love to play it and it is a great workout, so I'm always interested.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:06 pm

So just called blue ocean. They don't open again till 5 (piss!) but I'm going to call them ASAP at 5:00pm on the dot!!! We will have a group of 15 it seems! If they don't take us, well they can piss off, but I'm sure they will! If you need to contact me because you won't be close to a PC via 5pm, my cell is on my FB profile!

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey Myq(Mike?) I just met you in elevator I think. I was with my uncle. If that wasn't you then disregard this haha.

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby quadsixm » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:53 pm

wustlgunner2013 wrote:First post on this forum - just got in off the 'list today and am also looking for a MT gym around here. I think there are a couple downtown... Any ideas?


Congrats on getting off the list! Downtown is a bit far, so something closer to campus would be more ideal. I wish WUSTL offered MT and BJJ on campus, like my undergrad did.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:32 pm

quadsixm wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:Anyone want to play tennis today? I'm around a 4.0 .


You're better than me (I was a 3.5 when I last played a few years ago, probably a 3.0 now), but we should hit sometime. Anybody else here play?

Also, anybody know any good gyms in STL for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai? I just got into it this summer and was hoping to continue.


I used to play a lot. I'm a little after practice now, after undergrad, but I'm definitely down to hit sometime.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:33 pm

camstant wrote:I used to play a lot. I'm a little after practice now, after undergrad, but I'm definitely down to hit sometime.


that's what she said.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:35 pm

robin600 wrote:So just called blue ocean. They don't open again till 5 (piss!) but I'm going to call them ASAP at 5:00pm on the dot!!! We will have a group of 15 it seems! If they don't take us, well they can piss off, but I'm sure they will! If you need to contact me because you won't be close to a PC via 5pm, my cell is on my FB profile!


Any updates? :D

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby panadera » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:41 pm

JCougar wrote:
robin600 wrote:So just called blue ocean. They don't open again till 5 (piss!) but I'm going to call them ASAP at 5:00pm on the dot!!! We will have a group of 15 it seems! If they don't take us, well they can piss off, but I'm sure they will! If you need to contact me because you won't be close to a PC via 5pm, my cell is on my FB profile!


Any updates? :D


If no update comes, I'll be there at seven. I'm a girl and I'm wearing a green shirt. I can promise I'll have a confused or nervous look on my face!

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:42 pm

panadera wrote:
JCougar wrote:
robin600 wrote:So just called blue ocean. They don't open again till 5 (piss!) but I'm going to call them ASAP at 5:00pm on the dot!!! We will have a group of 15 it seems! If they don't take us, well they can piss off, but I'm sure they will! If you need to contact me because you won't be close to a PC via 5pm, my cell is on my FB profile!


Any updates? :D


If no update comes, I'll be there at seven. I'm a girl and I'm wearing a green shirt. I can promise I'll have a confused or nervous look on my face!


Robin called multiple times and they didn't answer, so I am going there now to make a reservation. Will be back in 20 with an update.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby panadera » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:46 pm

romothesavior wrote:
panadera wrote:
JCougar wrote:
robin600 wrote:So just called blue ocean. They don't open again till 5 (piss!) but I'm going to call them ASAP at 5:00pm on the dot!!! We will have a group of 15 it seems! If they don't take us, well they can piss off, but I'm sure they will! If you need to contact me because you won't be close to a PC via 5pm, my cell is on my FB profile!


Any updates? :D


If no update comes, I'll be there at seven. I'm a girl and I'm wearing a green shirt. I can promise I'll have a confused or nervous look on my face!


Robin called multiple times and they didn't answer, so I am going there now to make a reservation. Will be back in 20 with an update.


You both rock for doing that.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:48 pm

panadera wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
panadera wrote:If no update comes, I'll be there at seven. I'm a girl and I'm wearing a green shirt. I can promise I'll have a confused or nervous look on my face!


Robin called multiple times and they didn't answer, so I am going there now to make a reservation. Will be back in 20 with an update.


You both rock for doing that.


They both rock anyways...so now they redundantly rock.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:52 pm

Just went and made our reso. We're good for 7! See you all then.

PS. We all rock. WUSTL c/o 2013, FTW!

User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby myq » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:54 pm

motedust wrote:Hey Myq(Mike?) I just met you in elevator I think. I was with my uncle. If that wasn't you then disregard this haha.


How'd you know I wasn't flow?

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Haha well for one he added me on FB and you aren't black. And two myq=mike right?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:17 am

motedust wrote:Haha well for one he added me on FB and you aren't black. And two myq=mike right?


evidence.

you will do well. :lol:

User avatar
ninano
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby ninano » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:28 am

fl0w wrote:
motedust wrote:Haha well for one he added me on FB and you aren't black. And two myq=mike right?


evidence.

you will do well. :lol:


lol

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 pm

after last night, i apparently have to change my actual name to fl0w.
I hope the profession is ok with that.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:38 pm

For the last year, TLS has been my source for law school-related advice, community, support, motivation, and even comedy and entertainment at times. This thread has especially been helpful, and for the past few months you've all gotten me really excited to come down to St. Louis... and trust me, this past week has delivered! I've had a great week getting to know all of you and I think we have an outstanding group of people in the c/o 2013.

Now it is time for us to start getting geared up for orientation and eventually classes, and I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you the best of luck. I know the next three years will include a lot of work and a lot of stress, but I know that it will be very manageable with a great group of classmates. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone even more over the course of the next few years, and I hope that this law school experience pans out well for all of us.

/sappy rant... See you all throughout the week! (and as always... call/text me if anything is going on)

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 pm

fl0w wrote:after last night, i apparently have to change my actual name to fl0w.
I hope the profession is ok with that.


Your name tag tomorrow: "Hi, my name is fl0w."

Our name tags: "We're with fl0w."

User avatar
Chareth
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Chareth » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Is anyone bringing their SO to the matriculation ceremony? Is this the type of thing that guests can attend or is it just for students?

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby mountaintime » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:28 pm

So are all the guys here wearing a suit and tie tomorrow?

BTW, the Brother 2140 laser printer is on sale for $50 at Best Buy right now. I just picked one up.

User avatar
Rock Chalk
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Rock Chalk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:30 pm

mountaintime wrote:So are all the guys here wearing a suit and tie tomorrow?

BTW, the Brother 2140 laser printer is on sale for $50 at Best Buy right now. I just picked one up.

I'll be in slacks and a shirt and tie. No jacket.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 pm

mountaintime wrote:So are all the guys here wearing a suit and tie tomorrow?

BTW, the Brother 2140 laser printer is on sale for $50 at Best Buy right now. I just picked one up.


I'm going full suit and I believe all the other guys I know are doing the same.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest