WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

What's up with the Fantasy Football draft?

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:51 pm

What's the DL for sushi tomorrow night?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 pm

J-tow10 wrote:What's the DL for sushi tomorrow night?

+1

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 pm

I just ordered another round of books from a variety of places. I've used textbooks.com, half.com, amazon.com, and e-campus.com. I'm renting one from the WUSTL bookstore as well. I'm going to end up paying about $350 total...mixing and matching sources is a pain in the ass, but it's worth it. I'll probably need that extra $100 or so to blow on booze. :wink:

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:08 pm

So for sushi, I kind of need a head count for tomorrow. I was going to make reservations for 7 if everyone is OK with that. If you don't PM me by 9am tomorrow morning, I won't be able to include you on the reservation list because I have training all day tomorrow. The place is called blue ocean, it's on the corner of eastgate and delmar in the loop. My amazing roomie will be coming so you will get to meet someone from outside the law school as well! Ok commence with PMs

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:13 pm

robin600 wrote:So for sushi, I kind of need a head count for tomorrow. I was going to make reservations for 7 if everyone is OK with that. If you don't PM me by 9am tomorrow morning, I won't be able to include you on the reservation list because I have training all day tomorrow. The place is called blue ocean, it's on the corner of eastgate and delmar in the loop. My amazing roomie will be coming so you will get to meet someone from outside the law school as well! Ok commence with PMs

i'll go, sent you a PM

motedust

Postby motedust » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Dudes!! In STL right now just got my key for my place and am checking it out. Anyone got plans for tonight?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:
deebs wrote:
welkyn wrote:I missed the coffee hours, how was it ?

Me too, had full intention of going to it at beginning of last night. No chance at the end of it.

That's weak brah. I was able to rally this morning and make it, and I was with you every step of the way last night.

The coffee thing was good, I met a lot of cool people. I feel like we have a great group this year. We went to Pi for pizza afterwards and it was outstanding.

I found it hilarious that when I showed up for coffee hour several people were like "finally we get to meet fl0w!"

WTF happened that all this buzz was in your ears about me? I mean I know I'm not hard to out, but people outted me this time before I even opened my mouth. I'm afraid for what will happen when I actually start to kick it w/ some of y'all.

doubleyew.tee.eff. :lol:

It was good times though. I wish I could have stayed longer.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 pm

fl0w wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
deebs wrote:
welkyn wrote:I missed the coffee hours, how was it ?

Me too, had full intention of going to it at beginning of last night. No chance at the end of it.

That's weak brah. I was able to rally this morning and make it, and I was with you every step of the way last night.

The coffee thing was good, I met a lot of cool people. I feel like we have a great group this year. We went to Pi for pizza afterwards and it was outstanding.

I found it hilarious that when I showed up for coffee hour several people were like "finally we get to meet fl0w!"

WTF happened that all this buzz was in your ears about me? I mean I know I'm not hard to out, but people outted me this time before I even opened my mouth. I'm afraid for what will happen when I actually start to kick it w/ some of y'all.

haha i think we have a tls-celebrity. how did the hip hop choreography thing go?

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:12 pm

romothesavior wrote:Just found out I can't do an alumni dinner because I signed up too late. I was really looking forward to the event, so I'm REALLY upset about not being able to go.

But it is definitely my fault for not signing up right away, so I have no one to blame but myself. Just sucks.

fwiw i emailed Julie Pole today, she said there were 140 seats full for the alumni dinner and on top of that there are 20 odd people on the waitlist ahead of me. I think I'm SOL too. such is life, im sure there will be other opportunities to "network".

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:12 pm

nyyankees wrote:
haha i think we have a tls-celebrity. how did the hip hop choreography thing go?

haha!

the choreo is still a work in progress. i'm teaching a hip hop competition routine to some girls in the STL burbs. The first rehearsal was god-aweful, but the second one was better. The next one is tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully the upward trend continues.

Then around beginning of Sept. I start teaching hip hop classes once a week. luckily it's far enough out in the burbs that none of you will actually want to go, haha.

But imma get paid.
$$$

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:19 pm

fl0w wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

haha!

the choreo is still a work in progress. i'm teaching a hip hop competition routine to some girls in the STL burbs. The first rehearsal was god-aweful, but the second one was better. The next one is tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully the upward trend continues.

Then around beginning of Sept. I start teaching hip hop classes once a week. luckily it's far enough out in the burbs that none of you will actually want to go, haha.

But imma get paid.
$$$

screw that, im going. I was sorta on the fence as to whether or not i needed a car, i think this just put me over the top.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:41 pm

nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Just found out I can't do an alumni dinner because I signed up too late. I was really looking forward to the event, so I'm REALLY upset about not being able to go.

But it is definitely my fault for not signing up right away, so I have no one to blame but myself. Just sucks.

fwiw i emailed Julie Pole today, she said there were 140 seats full for the alumni dinner and on top of that there are 20 odd people on the waitlist ahead of me. I think I'm SOL too. such is life, im sure there will be other opportunities to "network".

WHAT?!?! Does this mean that if we haven't received our info then we're on the waiting list? That's not fair!

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:47 pm

2013esq wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

WHAT?!?! Does this mean that if we haven't received our info then we're on the waiting list? That's not fair!

I haven't received my info yet, and I literally applied minutes after they announced the program and got a confirmation from them shortly after. So I don't know.

b0dylanguage

Postby b0dylanguage » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:02 pm

J-tow10 wrote:What's the DL for sushi tomorrow night?

hey guys,

just want to again offer my place up for some pre-sushi drinks tomorrow night. i live a short four blocks from blue ocean, and can supply beer, music and a/c. as far as i can tell, my building doesn't have an intercom system, so if you want to stop by, just shoot me a PM and i can give you my number/details. since the reservation is at 7, come over anytime after 5!

chris

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 pm

robin600 wrote:So for sushi, I kind of need a head count for tomorrow. I was going to make reservations for 7 if everyone is OK with that. If you don't PM me by 9am tomorrow morning, I won't be able to include you on the reservation list because I have training all day tomorrow. The place is called blue ocean, it's on the corner of eastgate and delmar in the loop. My amazing roomie will be coming so you will get to meet someone from outside the law school as well! Ok commence with PMs

Still in, pm sent!

myq

Postby myq » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:59 am

Got into STL yesterday...ran around all day setting my place up and then got dinner at Rasoi which was excellent. I'm surprised how dead the whole CWE was on a Friday night though, maybe I was in the wrong part or maybe it was because 20 minutes later it started to pour. Anyway, I have the dinner thing on Sunday afternoon, it's drinks and appetizers by a pool. Anybody going to that one?

NonTrad1

Postby NonTrad1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:42 am

myq wrote:Got into STL yesterday...ran around all day setting my place up and then got dinner at Rasoi which was excellent. I'm surprised how dead the whole CWE was on a Friday night though, maybe I was in the wrong part or maybe it was because 20 minutes later it started to pour. Anyway, I have the dinner thing on Sunday afternoon, it's drinks and appetizers by a pool. Anybody going to that one?

CWE can get like that sometimes, particularly when the weather is cruddy.
Mine is Tuesday night at an alum's house.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:46 am

myq wrote:Got into STL yesterday...ran around all day setting my place up and then got dinner at Rasoi which was excellent. I'm surprised how dead the whole CWE was on a Friday night though, maybe I was in the wrong part or maybe it was because 20 minutes later it started to pour. Anyway, I have the dinner thing on Sunday afternoon, it's drinks and appetizers by a pool. Anybody going to that one?

The busy part of CWE is a couple streets north of where you were. That part is typically pretty dead at night.
Welcome to STL.

and to the Caaaarleton.

La Grind Date

Postby La Grind Date » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Anyone want to play tennis today? I'm around a 4.0 .

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:19 pm

La Grind Date wrote:Anyone want to play tennis today? I'm around a 4.0 .

You're better than me (I was a 3.5 when I last played a few years ago, probably a 3.0 now), but we should hit sometime. Anybody else here play?

Also, anybody know any good gyms in STL for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai? I just got into it this summer and was hoping to continue.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:33 pm

fl0w wrote:

Join the club man...

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:34 pm

nyyankees wrote:

Yeah no big deal, I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

You in town buddy?

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Where is the sushi dinner crowd gonna go after dinner? I'd love to meet up for drinks.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:04 pm

2013esq wrote:Where is the sushi dinner crowd gonna go after dinner? I'd love to meet up for drinks.

I believe some 1Ls are going to the Market Pub House for 90s night, and some others are going to the Soulard area. I may do a little of both.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”