WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Oban

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Oban » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:03 pm

llfurby wrote:Two things:

B8 anybody?

Also, anyone else see the assigned readings for orientation? If not, its on mylaw( use your webstac login info)
https://law.wustl.edu/orientation/pages.aspx?id=8182

ah man fuck that

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Oban wrote:
llfurby wrote:Two things:

B8 anybody?

Also, anyone else see the assigned readings for orientation? If not, its on mylaw( use your webstac login info)
https://law.wustl.edu/orientation/pages.aspx?id=8182

ah man fuck that

wtf assignments for orientation? are you serious? as if we won't have enough to read when classes actually start?

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:20 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:Help! I bought some furniture today and there is 1 box I can't get into my place by myself (and is probably too heavy for my wife to help). Anyone already around or not mind coming to DeMun to help me move it in?

Here's the deal:
1) Only 1 box. Super quick and easy.
2) We can go grab a beer at Katie's Pizza after (or coffee at Kaldi's if you prefer)
3) Needs to be between 2-4:00 pm
4) No judging the current state of my apt, which still has boxes and stuff everywhere

PM me if interested w/ your phone#. FYI, I'll be away from the computer until about 1:30 so expect to hear from me around then...

Bummer. No takers?

My passive aggressive 'bummer' seemed to work. I have a couple offers of help, so the rest of you can ignore the original post...

Wish I could make it to the game tonight -- had to cancel b/c of a conflict. See you all soon!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:17 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:Help! I bought some furniture today and there is 1 box I can't get into my place by myself (and is probably too heavy for my wife to help). Anyone already around or not mind coming to DeMun to help me move it in?

Here's the deal:
2) We can go grab a beer at Katie's Pizza after (or coffee at Kaldi's if you prefer)
4) No judging the current state of my apt, which still has boxes and stuff everywhere

PM me if interested w/ your phone#. FYI, I'll be away from the computer until about 1:30 so expect to hear from me around then...

Bummer. No takers?

if you still haven't found someone to help you with this I will come and help. PM me.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 pm

In town, still trying to find a place to live.... what're yall up to? When's sushi going down? Would love to meet up!

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 am

quadsixm wrote:In town, still trying to find a place to live.... what're yall up to? When's sushi going down? Would love to meet up!

The cards game group is all down at laclede's landing having some drinks right now-feel free to join us.

Edit: 1000th post...epic

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:
quadsixm wrote:In town, still trying to find a place to live.... what're yall up to? When's sushi going down? Would love to meet up!

The cards game group is all down at laclede's landing having some drinks right now-feel free to join us.

Edit: 1000th post...epic

Gonna crash early tonight... let me know if anything's going down tomorrow night

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 am

There are a billion rentals (signs, at least) in the Clayton/Demun area. I'm not sure of the price range though.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:13 am

publiuspublicola wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

Here's the deal:

Bummer. No takers?

My passive aggressive 'bummer' seemed to work. I have a couple offers of help, so the rest of you can ignore the original post...

Wish I could make it to the game tonight -- had to cancel b/c of a conflict. See you all soon!

Bummer about the redbirds tonight, but I bet the game was a blast.

No longer need help moving anything, but I'd still be up for a beer sometime tomorrow. Let me know if you are free and we can come up with a place.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:24 am

Boy that was a fun night.

I'm looking forward to the "gunner draft." For those not in my section, you get about 3-5 people in your section to play. It's sort of like fantasy football. You draw names out of a hat and draft gunners in that order. Each "gun" is worth a total of 1-5 points, depending on how bad it gets. Each section is free to determine their own point values and/or rules. Prior research suggests that it's not really that much of an ordeal deciding on the total point value of each attempted gun. Whoever's drafted gunners rack up the most points at the end of the semester wins, and should be entitled to a free night of drinking on his/her fellow competitors' tab.

Remember that the objective of the game is to make fun of gunners, and not necessarily to win. So if you get caught trying to argue gunning points with your peers, you probably need to be drafted yourself. :wink:

Let the games begin!!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 am

So this whole picture taking thing during orientation...

has anyone asked what we are supposed to be wearing for that? I don't really want to be dressed up if I don't have to be.

HAMBONE

Postby HAMBONE » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 am

fl0w wrote:So this whole picture taking thing during orientation...

has anyone asked what we are supposed to be wearing for that? I don't really want to be dressed up if I don't have to be.

IIRC you have to be dressed up

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:52 am

HAMBONE wrote:
fl0w wrote:So this whole picture taking thing during orientation...

IIRC you have to be dressed up

So now the question is, does HAMBONE recall correctly?

orangetigerorange

Postby orangetigerorange » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

They told us to wear business casual for the entire orientation, so by default everyone was in business casual for the picture. I don't know if it's changed since then.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 am

orangetigerorange wrote:They told us to wear business casual for the entire orientation, so by default everyone was in business casual for the picture. I don't know if it's changed since then.

this is actually news to me. For some reason I was under the impression that the dress code was relaxed for orientation. I guess I'll have to bust out the work clothes one last time.

agc18

Postby agc18 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:13 am

Hi everyone! It was great meeting some of you last night, I had a ton of fun. Finally decided to create an account for this thing since everyone seems to have one and that's how get togethers happen. I guess Facebook is so last year :) Yesterday before we caught the metro I remember someone talking about how you get a metro pass for students. Can anyone give me info on that? Where do I have to go and who do I have to call if I don't have a WashU ID yet? Shanks much!

Oban

Postby Oban » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

orangetigerorange wrote:They told us to wear business casual for the entire orientation, so by default everyone was in business casual for the picture. I don't know if it's changed since then.

WTF? I mean i'm cool to bring my suit or slacks for the formal dinner and the picture, but orientation? I thought the service projects during orientation too?

orangetigerorange

Postby orangetigerorange » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:42 am

fl0w wrote:this is actually news to me. For some reason I was under the impression that the dress code was relaxed for orientation. I guess I'll have to bust out the work clothes one last time.

They definitely might have changed it if you haven't heard anything by now. Maybe call them?

Oban wrote:
WTF? I mean i'm cool to bring my suit or slacks for the formal dinner and the picture, but orientation? I thought the service projects during orientation too?

Our service project was on a separate day and it was the only thing to do for that day, so everyone was wearing jeans/casual clothes for that.

motedust

Postby motedust » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am

Fuuuuudgesicles, I was planning on rollin around in jeans and a tank for orientation. Assigned reading and business casual? This is getting nuts already.

welkyn

Postby welkyn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 am

just got an email about my locker assignment and combination, so what kind of locker is this? where is it?

many thanks~

civpo

Postby civpo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 am

anyone who knows is there any forum for used-furniture within Wash U?
:roll:
I've slept on the floor for a week...
sigh

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm

welkyn wrote:just got an email about my locker assignment and combination, so what kind of locker is this? where is it?

many thanks~

Lockers are on the second floor of Law School --- down one floor from the courtyard level.

They are double-wide and half-height lockers (approx. 2ft wide and 3 ft. tall)

llfurby

Postby llfurby » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:13 pm

I asked admissions a few weeks ago about what to wear for orientation.
They said business for the first day and business casual for the rest of the week(except for the Service Project)

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

agc18 wrote:Hi everyone! It was great meeting some of you last night, I had a ton of fun. Finally decided to create an account for this thing since everyone seems to have one and that's how get togethers happen. I guess Facebook is so last year :) Yesterday before we caught the metro I remember someone talking about how you get a metro pass for students. Can anyone give me info on that? Where do I have to go and who do I have to call if I don't have a WashU ID yet? Shanks much!

You have to get your WashU ID first. Go to the Olin Women's Building (close to the main library on campus), bottom floor. It takes about 30 seconds. Then take that ID to the WashU Transportation & Parking Building - off campus on Rosedale by the loop. Show them your ID and your set.

Oban

Postby Oban » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah that makes sense, the first day is when you have the picture. No way in hell i'm wearing biz for the rest of the week to listen to people talk.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”