WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 am

I hate NU Jet and Camstant. Don't let either one in our fantasy league.

Also, how am I free money? You know I'm going to just draft all the Cowboys. Romo is throwing for 5k and 40 TDs, Felix will rush for 1500 and 10 TDs, and Witten and Miles Austin are 1,000 yard-locks.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:51 am

Hey guys, Romo volunteers to help anyone move in.

deebs

Postby deebs » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 am

D. H2Oman wrote:Hey guys, Romo volunteers to help anyone move in.

Yep, since his place is fully furnished he offered to help me

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 am

romothesavior wrote:Also, how am I free money? You know I'm going to just draft all the Cowboys.

QF answering your own question.

AgentSCo

Postby AgentSCo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am

Rock Chalk wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I'm in.

Awesome. Two more and we've got a league.

I'm pretty sure NU_Jet will be down.

Cool, we have until orientation week to finalize the league, but it looks like we might already have enough with 8. I prefer 10 because it forces people to do more homework or be penalized for it. The tentative list is:

Rock Chalk
camstant
La Grind Date
jumpropeck
deebs
romothesavior
folgers
ec2xs
and maybe NU_Jet.

If a $20 buy in discourages anyone on the list from participating, just PM me and we can consider lowering it to $15 or $10. (Pretty much, ask yourself how much money you're want to give me :wink: )

Edit to add ec2xs. If NU_Jet is in we'll need one more to make it an even number.

I'm in if there's still room.

AgentSCo

Postby AgentSCo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am

La Grind Date wrote:has anyone played the golf course in Forest Park? I would love to play it next week (I move to STL on the 15th).

I played there a week ago (last Tuesday) when it was hot as hell outside. I forgot which 9's I played, but it was a pretty decent course. I think it was about $45 with a cart included. My dad helped me move out there, and we teed off around 9:30 and pretty much had the course to ourselves, which was nice (although I think the lack of groups could have been attributed to the nasty heat). I didn't play very well, but the course isn't very difficult - I think it's about a 117 or 119 slope from the tips. I also played at another course called Normandie - it has potential, but it was in horrible shape. It was easily more difficult than the course at Forest Park, but several of the greens looked as though they should have been marked "Ground Under Repair". Maybe I just played there at a bad time, but I would save your money and play somewhere else.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:34 am

Rock Chalk wrote:
robin600 wrote:I want to try out some of the local beers, because well i looove beer! Anyone know of a good STL IPA?

They now serve Boulevard beers in most STL bars, according to a bartender I met last weekend. If you haven't heard of Boulevard, it's a Kansas City micro that is phenomenal. Try their Single Wide IPA, I think you'll love it.

oooo yummy, I will check it out thanks.

Romo-Budweiser makes pilsner. Tisk tisk for not knowing your beers! -5 :D

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 am

D. H2Oman wrote:Hey guys, Romo volunteers to help anyone move in.

If Romo is conscious at all next week and you are a hot chick, then I just might... for a price.

Rock Chalk wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Also, how am I free money? You know I'm going to just draft all the Cowboys.

QF answering your own question.

:lol:

Kidding of course about the Cowboys, but easy money... HA! I'd be willing to wager I'll be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, sports fan in our class. Bring it on fellas.

robin600 wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:
robin600 wrote:I want to try out some of the local beers, because well i looove beer! Anyone know of a good STL IPA?

They now serve Boulevard beers in most STL bars, according to a bartender I met last weekend. If you haven't heard of Boulevard, it's a Kansas City micro that is phenomenal. Try their Single Wide IPA, I think you'll love it.

oooo yummy, I will check it out thanks.

Romo-Budweiser makes pilsner. Tisk tisk for not knowing your beers! -5 :D

Haha I know, I was just being a smart ass. I don't really drink pale ales, I'm more of a lager guy, but I'll do an occassional wheat beer. In any case, I haven't met many beers I don't like!

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:53 pm

AgentSCo wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:has anyone played the golf course in Forest Park? I would love to play it next week (I move to STL on the 15th).

I played there a week ago (last Tuesday) when it was hot as hell outside. I forgot which 9's I played, but it was a pretty decent course. I think it was about $45 with a cart included. My dad helped me move out there, and we teed off around 9:30 and pretty much had the course to ourselves, which was nice (although I think the lack of groups could have been attributed to the nasty heat). I didn't play very well, but the course isn't very difficult - I think it's about a 117 or 119 slope from the tips. I also played at another course called Normandie - it has potential, but it was in horrible shape. It was easily more difficult than the course at Forest Park, but several of the greens looked as though they should have been marked "Ground Under Repair". Maybe I just played there at a bad time, but I would save your money and play somewhere else.

Is there a driving range at Forest Park?

La Grind Date

Postby La Grind Date » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:18 pm

quadsixm wrote:
AgentSCo wrote:

Is there a driving range at Forest Park?

Thanks Agent.

There is a driving range at Highlands Golf and Tennis Center. For about $50/month, you get unlimited range balls. --LinkRemoved--
Last edited by La Grind Date on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:21 pm

AgentSCo wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:Rock Chalk
camstant
La Grind Date
jumpropeck
deebs
romothesavior
folgers
ec2xs
NU_Jet
AgentSCo

Yup. That's 10. List is updated.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
AgentSCo wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:Rock Chalk
camstant
La Grind Date
jumpropeck
deebs
romothesavior
folgers
ec2xs
NU_Jet
AgentSCo

Yup. That's 10. List is updated.

I'd say 12 is the max. The league will be pretty dilluted if we go to 16. What say you?

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:26 pm

romothesavior wrote:I'd say 12 is the max. The league will be pretty dilluted if we go to 16. What say you?

I agree. 10 or 12 is ideal. I actually like 10, but if 2 more people want in I won't protest.

miamiman

Postby miamiman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:28 pm

FFball league?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 pm

miamiman wrote:FFball league?

Indeed.

Are you lost, buddy? This thread is for the lowly T19 folks. CCN is ------> http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=100063 that way.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:00 pm

La Grind Date wrote:
Thanks Agent.

There is a driving range at Highlands Golf and Tennis Center. For about $50/month, you get unlimited range balls. --LinkRemoved--

Sweet deal, thanks. I like the sound of that. I don't want to go through the hassle of transporting my cheap-ass clubs (car is already packed), so I will probably buy a $100 set in STL.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm in okc for the week and I just passed a hooters with a "host your fantasy football draft party here" sign. Made me think of our league and now that we have 10, can we decide where/when we will be drafting?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:48 pm

leaving tomorrow from Los Angeles, CA to STL on a 5 day road trip. guess i'll meet you guys all shortly.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Heading out from Las Vegas on a 5-day road trip tomorrow as well... Don't yet have a place to live. See ya guys soon

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:

I had a Boulevard Imperial IPA when I was in Austin earlier this month. 10% alcohol, and served in about a liter-sized bottle. It was like four beers in one. And it was delicious. Any IPA from Boulevard should be credited. Also, Schlafly makes an APA...can't remember what it's called, but there's a picture of hops on the outside of the bottle.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:

They have this beer there called Budweiser, supposed to be kinda popular.

Budweiser is beer?

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:50 pm

JCougar wrote:I had a Boulevard Imperial IPA when I was in Austin earlier this month. 10% alcohol, and served in about a liter-sized bottle. It was like four beers in one. And it was delicious. Any IPA from Boulevard should be credited. Also, Schlafly makes an APA...can't remember what it's called, but there's a picture of hops on the outside of the bottle.

I think you had the Double Wide IPA from their Smokestack Series, which are all phenomenal. If you still have the chance, you MUST try the Tripel. IDK what it is, but damn it's delicious. I haven't looked for any of those since being in STL, but I really hope they're here. The more traditional IPA is the Single Wide, which I know you can buy in stores here.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
JCougar wrote:I had a Boulevard Imperial IPA when I was in Austin earlier this month. 10% alcohol, and served in about a liter-sized bottle. It was like four beers in one. And it was delicious. Any IPA from Boulevard should be credited. Also, Schlafly makes an APA...can't remember what it's called, but there's a picture of hops on the outside of the bottle.

I think you had the Double Wide IPA from their Smokestack Series, which are all phenomenal. If you still have the chance, you MUST try the Tripel. IDK what it is, but damn it's delicious. I haven't looked for any of those since being in STL, but I really hope they're here. The more traditional IPA is the Single Wide, which I know you can buy in stores here.

You are right, it was called double wide:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard- ... ipa/72627/

As far as Belgian Tripels go, my favorite so far is Tripel Karmeliet. It's spectacular. But I will be trying Boulevard's soon. North Coast PranQster is a good one, too.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Alright...so I think I'm going to buy a city bike from REI and just bike to school. I don't want to pay for parking, and I live on Lindell so if it's raining I can just take the bus. My commute will be mostly through the park anyway. I think my car will be for grocery shopping or if I have to go out to the suburbs only. Time to both reduce my carbon footprint and get more in shape at the same time.

Whoever was on here before saying he/she wanted to go for some rides recreationally, I'd be game.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 pm

JCougar wrote:Alright...so I think I'm going to buy a city bike from REI and just bike to school. I don't want to pay for parking, and I live on Lindell so if it's raining I can just take the bus. My commute will be mostly through the park anyway. I think my car will be for grocery shopping or if I have to go out to the suburbs only. Time to both reduce my carbon footprint and get more in shape at the same time.

Whoever was on here before saying he/she wanted to go for some rides recreationally, I'd be game.

I know I posted that at one point. I will also be riding to class (I don't even own a car), and will probably try to go for some longer weekend rides when weather permits. Definitely welcome to come along.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”