WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:44 pm

jackalope11 wrote:Romo,

I have learned after many years that the G-men are always dangerous for any Cowboys team... Yet, I can't help but wonder if they were able to fix all the problems they appeared to have on D last year by firing one coordinator and getting rid of a couple of players.

As for McNabb, I think he instantly makes that team much better... I would say that they seem to have many holes to fill, though. Portis started to look his age last year, and it didn't look like either Betts or Cartwright were the guy to fills his shoes. Not to mention, it sure didn't seem like their receiving corps was getting a great deal of separation out there... I still say Randle-El is one of those players that looks great in practice and then is a different player when it's time to lace up the game day shoes.

For the Eagles, I wonder if they aren't the latest in a string of teams to hitch their wagon to the wrong QB. Kolb has a nice completion percentage (about 5% over avg. for the league), but he threw 4 TD's against 3 picks. As fans the Cowboys, let's hope for more of that! For every Aaron Rogers, it seems there are many more JP Losmans (who thought drafting a QB named Loss Man was a good idea???) and Rex Grossmans out there...

Not that I watch too much football, or anything... :lol:

+1 to everything you said. I honestly think the Cowboys are still the best team in the division, simply because they have the fewest question marks. They have retained most of their team from last year, and I think they are poised for a run. The other teams in the division just have too many unknowns. Can the Redskins' offensive line establish a running game to help McNabb out? Will Kevin Kolb step in nicely, or will he be a bust? Can the Giants bounce back after their collapse last year? I definitel think the Cowboys are the team to beat, and I don't see any of the others as NFC top contenders, but none of them is a game to be taken lightly.

And yes... I'm in the same boat. Nice to know I'll have someone to watch the games with!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:51 pm

lol I love WUSTL's emails so much. I swear they hang out on here.

The new application for the Transnational Law Program is now available. Although the application was revised last week, we decided to wait to roll it out until Monday, with the release of the new WU Law website

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:53 pm

sibley wrote:lol I love WUSTL's emails so much. I swear they hang out on here.

The new application for the Transnational Law Program is now available. Although the application was revised last week, we decided to wait to roll it out until Monday, with the release of the new WU Law website

I thought maybe it was email saying, "Hey good news. Here's an extra 10k per year! HTH!!"

But alas, it was just for some program I'm not even interested in.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:

I thought maybe it was email saying, "Hey good news. Here's an extra 10k per year! HTH!!"

yeah, not interested either. just liked how well it fit with our conversations =)

camstant

Postby camstant » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:04 pm

romothesavior wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Romo,

I have learned after many years that the G-men are always dangerous for any Cowboys team... Yet, I can't help but wonder if they were able to fix all the problems they appeared to have on D last year by firing one coordinator and getting rid of a couple of players.

As for McNabb, I think he instantly makes that team much better... I would say that they seem to have many holes to fill, though. Portis started to look his age last year, and it didn't look like either Betts or Cartwright were the guy to fills his shoes. Not to mention, it sure didn't seem like their receiving corps was getting a great deal of separation out there... I still say Randle-El is one of those players that looks great in practice and then is a different player when it's time to lace up the game day shoes.

For the Eagles, I wonder if they aren't the latest in a string of teams to hitch their wagon to the wrong QB. Kolb has a nice completion percentage (about 5% over avg. for the league), but he threw 4 TD's against 3 picks. As fans the Cowboys, let's hope for more of that! For every Aaron Rogers, it seems there are many more JP Losmans (who thought drafting a QB named Loss Man was a good idea???) and Rex Grossmans out there...

Not that I watch too much football, or anything... :lol:

+1 to everything you said. I honestly think the Cowboys are still the best team in the division, simply because they have the fewest question marks. They have retained most of their team from last year, and I think they are poised for a run. The other teams in the division just have too many unknowns. Can the Redskins' offensive line establish a running game to help McNabb out? Will Kevin Kolb step in nicely, or will he be a bust? Can the Giants bounce back after their collapse last year? I definitel think the Cowboys are the team to beat, and I don't see any of the others as NFC top contenders, but none of them is a game to be taken lightly.

And yes... I'm in the same boat. Nice to know I'll have someone to watch the games with!

Either way, fantasy football is all that really matters...

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 pm

sibley wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

yeah, not interested either. just liked how well it fit with our conversations =)

This is how good I am at reading comprehension... I saw the "Here's an extra 10k per year!" and got all excited about getting my application together.

Thanks for the adrenaline rush, and subsequent "awww..." moment, Romo and Sibley. :lol: :lol:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:08 pm

If WUSTL does miraculously increase my scholarship, I whoever writes the email signs it:

HTH,
Jane Doe

That would give me a chuckle... and it would also be a clear indication that I've been outed!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Is anyone seriously considering the TLP program?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:09 pm

jackalope11 wrote:This is how good I am at reading comprehension... I saw the "Here's an extra 10k per year!" and got all excited about getting my application together.

Thanks for the adrenaline rush, and subsequent "awww..." moment, Romo and Sibley. :lol: :lol:

lol. we're all star-crossed speed-readers.

in other news.... GOT MY MOTORCYCLE LEARNER'S PERMIT TODAY!!!

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Is anyone seriously considering the TLP program?

It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun but as I become more debt averse and conscious of its impracticality... no.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 pm

mazzini wrote:It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun but as I become more debt averse and conscious of its impracticality... no.

did the abroad thing in high school as an au pair. accidentally followed it up with a comparitive politics class on the region in my freshman year of college. got my fill... though would enjoy a few vacations over there somewhere.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

jks289 wrote:Is anyone seriously considering the TLP program?

Seems like every other person who went to the 2/26 ASD was... seriously, almost every question asked at the faculty panel was about the TLP and its application stuff :roll:

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:08 pm

stratocophic wrote:
jks289 wrote:Is anyone seriously considering the TLP program?

Seems like every other person who went to the 2/26 ASD was... seriously, almost every question asked at the faculty panel was about the TLP and its application stuff :roll:

There were a lot of questions about it at the March ASD too. I'm semi interested but I don't want to invest myself in it before I really see what law school is going to be like. I heard you can apply for it later during 1L so there's no need for me to worry about it now.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Oh this is what I was trying to find earlier when we were talking about past rankings.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83222

Hope y'all find this as interesting as I did :)

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:Oh this is what I was trying to find earlier when we were talking about past rankings.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83222

Hope y'all find this as interesting as I did :)

I like it! I like it! I will now save the picture.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 pm

So I will post this here too: recently heard from admissions that the Webster scholarship decisions should be coming out within a week. Good luck if you applied!

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:43 pm

I hope you're right...

jc631

Postby jc631 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:44 pm

I realized today how excited I am for WashU so I cancelled my visit & withdrew from Emory! I'll see you all in August :)

mbaino

Postby mbaino » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 pm

I DROPPED MY LAPTOP AND BROKE IT. Not a happy camper. Now I'm using my old, slow monster of a laptop. So irritating.

None of you needed to know that, but I wanted to complain.

Someone asked me about the Loop. I personally would not live there. There are so many other nice areas within walking and driving distance. Why risk getting mugged or broken into? Just not worth it.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:59 pm

mbaino wrote:I DROPPED MY LAPTOP AND BROKE IT. Not a happy camper. Now I'm using my old, slow monster of a laptop. So irritating.

Someone asked me about the Loop. I personally would not live there. There are so many other nice areas within walking and driving distance. Why risk getting mugged or broken into? Just not worth it.

So, where would you live?

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 pm

jc631 wrote:I realized today how excited I am for WashU so I cancelled my visit & withdrew from Emory! I'll see you all in August :)

congrats =) wish I had your decisiveness.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:42 pm

mbaino wrote:I DROPPED MY LAPTOP AND BROKE IT. Not a happy camper. Now I'm using my old, slow monster of a laptop. So irritating.

What if its south of Delmar and in btwn Big Bend and Skinker?

jc631

Postby jc631 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm

sibley wrote:
jc631 wrote:I realized today how excited I am for WashU so I cancelled my visit & withdrew from Emory! I'll see you all in August :)

congrats =) wish I had your decisiveness.

What schools are you debating between now? Still Cardozo & GW?

jc631

Postby jc631 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:

I don't have anything to add about the area but you can check here http://www.apartmentratings.com/ to see if the building has any reviews from previous tenants.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm

jc631 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:

I don't have anything to add about the area but you can check here http://www.apartmentratings.com/ to see if the building has any reviews from previous tenants.

Thanks! Also very sorry about your laptop :(. Are you going to WUSTL for law school?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”