WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
robin600

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:Does this mean we're all actually enrolled at The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want To Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too??

--ImageRemoved--

ninano

Postby ninano » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah, I have no idea how to access the form online. I could handwrite my answers and drop off the form but that's so 20th century.

Any advice? What would our MyLaw password be?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm

fl0w wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:
fl0w wrote:anybody signing up for that mentor program they just emailed about?

Yeah, filling out the form now -- I'm being kind of an ass with my responses though. Hopefully that means they'll pick someone who similarly asshole-ish to be my mentor.

I sort of don't like the idea of having a mentor that is younger than me... and I bet that's what would happen.
Psht, who needs a mentor when we have TLS? :lol:

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:38 pm

ninano wrote:Yeah, I have no idea how to access the form online. I could handwrite my answers and drop off the form but that's so 20th century.

I just wrote it out and scanned it and emailed it as a PDF. I couldn't figure out how to do it either.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 pm

mazzini wrote:
Sonnenschein people: Let's out ourselves! I am the builder that breached the gargoyle contract and I refused to pay more than 5k

I sat next to you... I wore a black T-shirt. Yeah, I know, classy...

<--------From Oakland.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:47 pm

robin600 wrote:
ninano wrote:Yeah, I have no idea how to access the form online. I could handwrite my answers and drop off the form but that's so 20th century.

I just wrote it out and scanned it and emailed it as a PDF. I couldn't figure out how to do it either.

I copy/pasted it into a doc, filled it out, then resaved as a .pdf. I won't lie, I might have mentioned 'drinking beer with them' as one thing I look for in a mentor.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 pm

stratocophic wrote:
fl0w wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

Yeah, filling out the form now -- I'm being kind of an ass with my responses though. Hopefully that means they'll pick someone who similarly asshole-ish to be my mentor.

I sort of don't like the idea of having a mentor that is younger than me... and I bet that's what would happen.

What program is this? I never got that email. Maybe they think I'm too old for a mentor?

Chareth

Postby Chareth » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 pm

fl0w wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

I said the exact same thing after I read the email - Kids!

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 am

Chareth wrote:
fl0w wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

I said the exact same thing after I read the email - Kids!

The form asks for your age. My guess is they won't pair up a 28 year-old with a 23 year-old mentor.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 am

robin600 wrote:
folgers wrote:

I was logging on to ask the same thing. Sounds interesting enough. I might do it I suppose, but I'd be curious how helpful it was to anyone who participated before.

Also, thanks to everyone for the suggestions about the cold weather clothing. Is it necessary to get one of those ice chipper things for your car windshield or is that really only needed for much colder climates?

Being a northern MI native, I actually have a small shovel I keep in my car trunk to shovel the snow off of my windshield and to dig myself out at times. I probably will look like an ass doing it in STL, but I have a feeling it will be much more efficient!

I filled out the mentor application thing. At least it's some networking.

Oh and PS- the gym is closed until the 8th. Yeah I went all the way over there today to find that out. But once the 8th starts does anybody wanna work out with me regularly?

I'm down to work out, I was doing it 3 times a week or at least twice n then I went out of the country for a month then moved here so I'd like to get back into before its too late.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:50 am

Joga Bonito wrote:
robin600 wrote:
folgers wrote:

I was logging on to ask the same thing. Sounds interesting enough. I might do it I suppose, but I'd be curious how helpful it was to anyone who participated before.

Also, thanks to everyone for the suggestions about the cold weather clothing. Is it necessary to get one of those ice chipper things for your car windshield or is that really only needed for much colder climates?

Being a northern MI native, I actually have a small shovel I keep in my car trunk to shovel the snow off of my windshield and to dig myself out at times. I probably will look like an ass doing it in STL, but I have a feeling it will be much more efficient!

I filled out the mentor application thing. At least it's some networking.

Oh and PS- the gym is closed until the 8th. Yeah I went all the way over there today to find that out. But once the 8th starts does anybody wanna work out with me regularly?

I'm down to work out, I was doing it 3 times a week or at least twice n then I went out of the country for a month then moved here so I'd like to get back into before its too late.

Yes! Can we get into the gym before orientation starts? I'm totally down to go with you. I do CrossFit. Anyone else?!?!

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:48 am

stratocophic wrote:
fl0w wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

Typical TLS mentoring advice:

You're not going to a T12? Kill yourself or drop out now. Law school will ruin your life.

You really have to take some of the "advice" here with a grain of salt. :-)

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 am

I'm all settled in right now, BTW. Still don't have internet set up, but I live a block and a half from the library on Lindell and Euclid. I passed by the Carelton (hi fl0w) on my way there yesterday to get some online banking stuff done.

I wish I could meet up with y'all this week, but I'm going back to Milwaukee tomorrow to visit my family. Its been over a year since I've seen my mom. We will all have fun together soon enough.

My place has a pool and a patio, so I was thinking about maybe having a pool party/BBQ at my place soon after school starts. Not sure which weekend would work best right now, but I will figure something out if people are interested. I love my neighborhood. There's a lot of young people here and a lot of fine chicks. Beats the retirement community that is the state of Florida that I've been living in for the last 2.5 years. I have a feeling I'm going to love it here.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 am

JCougar wrote:My place has a pool and a patio, so I was thinking about maybe having a pool party/BBQ at my place soon after school starts.

<----- Very interested

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 am

romothesavior wrote:
JCougar wrote:My place has a pool and a patio, so I was thinking about maybe having a pool party/BBQ at my place soon after school starts.

<----- Very interested

+1, count me in

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 am

nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

<----- Very interested

+1, count me in

me too

ninano

Postby ninano » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:45 am

JCougar wrote:I'm all settled in right now, BTW. Still don't have internet set up, but I live a block and a half from the library on Lindell and Euclid. I passed by the Carelton (hi fl0w) on my way there yesterday to get some online banking stuff done.

I wish I could meet up with y'all this week, but I'm going back to Milwaukee tomorrow to visit my family. Its been over a year since I've seen my mom. We will all have fun together soon enough.

My place has a pool and a patio, so I was thinking about maybe having a pool party/BBQ at my place soon after school starts. Not sure which weekend would work best right now, but I will figure something out if people are interested. I love my neighborhood. There's a lot of young people here and a lot of fine chicks. Beats the retirement community that is the state of Florida that I've been living in for the last 2.5 years. I have a feeling I'm going to love it here.

Wow, your apartment sounds like its at a great location! and I want in on this pool party, too! :) Are you renting from a particular renting company. I'm with Quadrangle, living on the other side of campus (Skinker/Forest Park Parkway) but I would be interested in living near the law library side.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:54 am

ninano wrote:
Wow, your apartment sounds like its at a great location! and I want in on this pool party, too! :) Are you renting from a particular renting company. I'm with Quadrangle, living on the other side of campus (Skinker/Forest Park Parkway) but I would be interested in living near the law library side.

i believe i live right by you. quadrangle as well on MP

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:44 am

finalaspects wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

<----- Very interested

+1, count me in

me too

fuck yes please.

folgers

Postby folgers » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I think we could be in the same building. I hope so since I haven't heard anyone mention it yet. Sent you a pm.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 pm

2013esq wrote:
Yes! Can we get into the gym before orientation starts? I'm totally down to go with you. I do CrossFit. Anyone else?!?!

I def want to get into the gym before orientation, but I don't have an ID card yet, (don't know when or where to get one, I assume orientation) can we go to the gym on campus without one. Also I don't mind starting monday or next week if possible. I don't know what crossfit is but I'll do it if I can handle it, it sounds pretty intense.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:42 pm

You can get your ID from the Olin building anytime from 9am-4pm and they make it for you right on the spot. Just know your WUSTL ID #. I think with the ID you can go into the gym. Awesome I'm glad I have work out buddies! Are you guys all in town as of now? and I totally want to start working out before orientation!

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:51 pm

robin600 wrote:You can get your ID from the Olin building anytime from 9am-4pm and they make it for you right on the spot. Just know your WUSTL ID #. I think with the ID you can go into the gym. Awesome I'm glad I have work out buddies! Are you guys all in town as of now? and I totally want to start working out before orientation!

Cool I'll do that some day this week. Yeah I've been here since Sunday.

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:16 pm

romothesavior wrote:

<----- Very interested

Rock Chalk

Postby Rock Chalk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm

A few observations:

1. Whoever said Kampai was delicious was definitely correct.
2. Culpeppers' wings are phenomenal.
3. Working downtown SUCKS on Cardinals game days, and there are far too many of them (no offense to Cards fans).

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”