WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
washu2013
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby washu2013 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:36 am

Hello fellow Sonnenschein participants,
I just spoke with the director of the program and she said the attire is casual. There is no dress code. Validated parking is located in the parking garage on Pine street, and a light dinner will be served. Look forward to meeting you all.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 am

Really hoping we get our class schedules soon. The sooner we get our schedules, the sooner we can order our books and hopefully save some money.

User avatar
b0dylanguage
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby b0dylanguage » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:08 am

Slim chance, but anyone here moving from the NY/NJ area? Just looked up prices for a 10 ft truck... shits expensive. PM me if you'd be interested in splitting something!

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 am

Officially moved to St. Louis; feels amazing to be here. All of the unpacking and other stuff I have to do does not feel as great.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:Officially moved to St. Louis; feels amazing to be here. All of the unpacking and other stuff I have to do does not feel as great.

haha....how many people are helping you move?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:30 am

romothesavior wrote:Really hoping we get our class schedules soon. The sooner we get our schedules, the sooner we can order our books and hopefully save some money.
so true. i hope we can save at least 250 bucks. did wustl estimate the books for the entire first year would cost $2000?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 am

najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Really hoping we get our class schedules soon. The sooner we get our schedules, the sooner we can order our books and hopefully save some money.
so true. i hope we can save at least 250 bucks. did wustl estimate the books for the entire first year would cost $2000?


Yes, and based on what I've read around here that seems high, especially if you are going the used route.

NU_Jet55 wrote:Officially moved to St. Louis; feels amazing to be here. All of the unpacking and other stuff I have to do does not feel as great.


Nice man, congrats. It's too bad we couldn't have grabbed a beer or something... I was in STL all weekend. But I'll be back down for good in a few weeks!

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:45 am

romothesavior wrote:
najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Really hoping we get our class schedules soon. The sooner we get our schedules, the sooner we can order our books and hopefully save some money.
so true. i hope we can save at least 250 bucks. did wustl estimate the books for the entire first year would cost $2000?


Yes, and based on what I've read around here that seems high, especially if you are going the used route.


Definitely going used, hopefully through Abe Books or something similar. The good thing about Abe is they rate how marked up the used version is, and one can avoid pages covered entirely with highlighter, pencil, etc.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:53 am

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Officially moved to St. Louis; feels amazing to be here. All of the unpacking and other stuff I have to do does not feel as great.

haha....how many people are helping you move?


A couple friends of mine drove in from Louisville along with my gf's dad and my little brother. We got everything moved in okay; everybody except for the two of us has left now so it's just the unboxing/organizing part of the move we've begun today that is not so fun.


romothesavior wrote:Nice man, congrats. It's too bad we couldn't have grabbed a beer or something... I was in STL all weekend. But I'll be back down for good in a few weeks!


Sounds like a plan, sir.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Fall: Contracts, Torts, Property, Legal Research 1, Legal Practice 1
Spring: Civil Pro, Crim Law, Con Law, Legal Research 2, Legal Practice 2

Is this right?

User avatar
jc631
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jc631 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Does anyone want to plan a meetup this week? I moved in this weekend and am almost done setting up/unpacking. So far I'm loving it here!

User avatar
ninano
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby ninano » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:10 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Really hoping we get our class schedules soon. The sooner we get our schedules, the sooner we can order our books and hopefully save some money.
so true. i hope we can save at least 250 bucks. did wustl estimate the books for the entire first year would cost $2000?


Yes, and based on what I've read around here that seems high, especially if you are going the used route.


Definitely going used, hopefully through Abe Books or something similar. The good thing about Abe is they rate how marked up the used version is, and one can avoid pages covered entirely with highlighter, pencil, etc.



Didn't know about Abebooks. I was thinking of going the half.com and amazon route, but now I'm adding a 3rd site to my book search. Currently I'm budging a $1000 for course materials and study aids for first semester and hoping to fall way under that budget.

llfurby
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby llfurby » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Anybody ask Admissions/ hear anything lately about when we might get class assignments?
At the July housing day, they said it may be as late as the week before orientation.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:Fall: Contracts, Torts, Property, Legal Research 1, Legal Practice 1
Spring: Civil Pro, Crim Law, Con Law, Legal Research 2, Legal Practice 2

Is this right?
this is correct.

User avatar
ninano
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby ninano » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm

jc631 wrote:Does anyone want to plan a meetup this week? I moved in this weekend and am almost done setting up/unpacking. So far I'm loving it here!


I pm'd you!

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:33 pm

llfurby wrote:At the July housing day, they said it may be as late as the week before orientation.


Oh wow... if they are estimating that then I would bet chances are slim we hear anything before then. Ugh.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

camstant wrote:
llfurby wrote:At the July housing day, they said it may be as late as the week before orientation.


Oh wow... if they are estimating that then I would bet chances are slim we hear anything before then. Ugh.


+1. Their admissions office is nice, but slow.

Hopefully it isn't that late. I'm ready to buy books and I need to know for my fall budget.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Mr. Jang, I just wrote on your wall.

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:40 pm

ninano wrote:Didn't know about Abebooks. I was thinking of going the half.com and amazon route, but now I'm adding a 3rd site to my book search. Currently I'm budging a $1000 for course materials and study aids for first semester and hoping to fall way under that budget.


Abe is pretty great. Used it a lot in grad school.

rsavage
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby rsavage » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Can someone clarify for me what time sonnenschein starts? Some of my stuff starts says that it starts at 4 but the syllabus says 5

User avatar
kdw94780
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby kdw94780 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:37 pm

rsavage wrote:Can someone clarify for me what time sonnenschein starts? Some of my stuff starts says that it starts at 4 but the syllabus says 5


it's 5pm to 10 pm, right?

User avatar
Joga Bonito
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Joga Bonito » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 pm

kdw94780 wrote:
rsavage wrote:Can someone clarify for me what time sonnenschein starts? Some of my stuff starts says that it starts at 4 but the syllabus says 5


it's 5pm to 10 pm, right?


As far as I know its from 5 to 10.

mbaino
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby mbaino » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:52 pm

I am all over going to Six Flags! I am addicted to rollercoasters. I went to the one in STL 7 times last summer. No joke.

It's much smaller than a larger Six Flags (like Magic Mountain in LA), but it's fun. The lines are also pretty short whenever you go. During the week, we will practically stroll right onto the rides.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 pm

jc631 wrote:Does anyone want to plan a meetup this week? I moved in this weekend and am almost done setting up/unpacking. So far I'm loving it here!

PM me just got back from my family reunion and would love to meet up!

User avatar
ninano
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby ninano » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:01 pm

mbaino wrote:I am all over going to Six Flags! I am addicted to rollercoasters. I went to the one in STL 7 times last summer. No joke.

It's much smaller than a larger Six Flags (like Magic Mountain in LA), but it's fun. The lines are also pretty short whenever you go. During the week, we will practically stroll right onto the rides.



Mbaino: Are you in town now? Im up for going this week or the next! Is anyone else game?

Robin600: jc631 and I maybe meeting up on Wednesday for lunch or dinner and then maybe walking around. Don't know what we will be doing yet but join us!
Last edited by ninano on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest