WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
sibley

Gold

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 am

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Good afternoon, everyone! I just wanted to get on board with this thread, since I am currently about 99% sure that I will be attending in the fall...

Sorry to have been a lurker for so long, I was on a self-imposed TLS posting exile until I was more sure about where I wanted to attend. When I saw this thread, I have to say, I was impressed with the posters that are here...

Romo and Strato, I've been a fan of your posts... More than one has garnered a hearty chuckle on other threads!

For jks289... If it is any consolation at all, I think I had the EXACT same experience you did with $ negotiation. Received my rejection of an increase... Sent a confirmation reply back to the school, and shortly thereafter received an exceedingly curt response. THEN (to rub salt in the wound) I received a THIRD "we're still considering you for more $$" e-mail AFTER I was told in no uncertain terms that I would not be considered for further aid. After I bandaged up my damaged pride, I chalked it up to the fact that they have to be extremely busy at this time of year.

It still stung a little, I have to admit.

Anyway! Permission to come aboard?
Absolutely! Welcome aboard. Glad you find my humor somewhat entertaining. Glad I'm not some douchey-gunner like najumobi and nyyankees. (kidding). I'm excited to meet everyone in the fall.

And yeah, WUSTL's new website is pretty sharp!

PS. Anybody know how to access the admitted student's page now? I can't seem to find the link on the new website.
Little late, but it's Main Site => Admissions => bottom right of the page. Evidently they've opened up the admitted students website to everyone... not that the previous ID/Password combo were keeping many people out anyway :lol:
Damn. I am all about exclusion and privelege. If just any old bum can log into our admitted student's page, then what do I have to live for?
looks like you guys just caught it before it was finished. it's requiring a password now.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 am

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Good afternoon, everyone! I just wanted to get on board with this thread, since I am currently about 99% sure that I will be attending in the fall...

Sorry to have been a lurker for so long, I was on a self-imposed TLS posting exile until I was more sure about where I wanted to attend. When I saw this thread, I have to say, I was impressed with the posters that are here...

Romo and Strato, I've been a fan of your posts... More than one has garnered a hearty chuckle on other threads!

For jks289... If it is any consolation at all, I think I had the EXACT same experience you did with $ negotiation. Received my rejection of an increase... Sent a confirmation reply back to the school, and shortly thereafter received an exceedingly curt response. THEN (to rub salt in the wound) I received a THIRD "we're still considering you for more $$" e-mail AFTER I was told in no uncertain terms that I would not be considered for further aid. After I bandaged up my damaged pride, I chalked it up to the fact that they have to be extremely busy at this time of year.

It still stung a little, I have to admit.

Anyway! Permission to come aboard?
Absolutely! Welcome aboard. Glad you find my humor somewhat entertaining. Glad I'm not some douchey-gunner like najumobi and nyyankees. (kidding). I'm excited to meet everyone in the fall.

PS. Anybody know how to access the admitted student's page now? I can't seem to find the link on the new website.
Little late, but it's Main Site => Admissions => bottom right of the page. Evidently they've opened up the admitted students website to everyone... not that the previous ID/Password combo were keeping many people out anyway :lol:
Damn. I am all about exclusion and privelege. If just any old bum can log into our admitted student's page, then what do I have to live for?
gunning already are we, romo?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 am

nyyankees wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

gunning already are we, romo?

he's gonna have to work on his spelling if he wants to impress the profs =)

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 pm

So b/c I'm bored at work and this is safer to talk about within this thread. Where do y'all think WUSTL will be in the new rankings? Steady at 19?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:So b/c I'm bored at work and this is safer to talk about within this thread. Where do y'all think WUSTL will be in the new rankings? Steady at 19?
I don't know enough about different school, rankings games, etc to really predict. But I'd imagine it will remain in the T20. What are its historical rankings?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:04 pm

jks289 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:So b/c I'm bored at work and this is safer to talk about within this thread. Where do y'all think WUSTL will be in the new rankings? Steady at 19?
I don't know enough about different school, rankings games, etc to really predict. But I'd imagine it will remain in the T20. What are its historical rankings?

it just got t20 in recent years I think. ken made a post showing the top 20 or 30 for the last 10 or so years if you can find it

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 pm

sibley wrote:
jks289 wrote:

it just got t20 in recent years I think. ken made a post showing the top 20 or 30 for the last 10 or so years if you can find it
It's this I think: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... ?f=1&t=213

WUSTL has been in the 19th spot for the past 5 years.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm

18 this year. It'll pass USC due in part to the huge scholarships and the CA economy.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
18 this year. It'll pass USC due in part to the huge scholarships and the CA economy.
It's either this happens or it remains static at 19. The 3 point gulf above and below would require a significant jump/slide from either WashU/USC or Emory (etc.)/WashU to oust them from that spot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
This would be awesome but I don't see it, partly because USC is private so the tuition increases that the other UC schools have had to make, they haven't. So perhaps some people who would have originally gone to UCLA might make the choice to go to USC instead?

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
This would be awesome but I don't see it, partly because USC is private so the tuition increases that the other UC schools have had to make, they haven't. So perhaps some people who would have originally gone to UCLA might make the choice to go to USC instead?
That's a good point, but I think both USC and UCLA suffer. I think it'll be USC 19, WUSTL 18, then it gets difficult, but maybe UCLA 17 with UT and Vandy duking it out for 15, unless the GeorgeTTTown drop finally happens (it won't).

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
That's a good point, but I think both USC and UCLA suffer. I think it'll be USC 19, WUSTL 18, then it gets difficult, but maybe UCLA 17 with UT and Vandy duking it out for 15, unless the GeorgeTTTown drop finally happens (it won't).

I hope wash u doesn't do any better. it'll make my choice that much more difficult. ugh.

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 pm

sibley wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote: 18 this year. It'll pass USC due in part to the huge scholarships and the CA economy.

I hope wash u doesn't do any better. it'll make my choice that much more difficult. ugh.
Well just one spot up shouldn't make too much of a difference. Although it would make me feel better about my choice! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote: This would be awesome but I don't see it, partly because USC is private so the tuition increases that the other UC schools have had to make, they haven't. So perhaps some people who would have originally gone to UCLA might make the choice to go to USC instead?

Well just one spot up shouldn't make too much of a difference. Although it would make me feel better about my choice! :)
one spot is hugeeee ugh. crappers.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:58 pm

sibley wrote:
Haha yes, I knew it was misspelled right after I posted it. I was just too lazy to go in and change it. As a back-to-back junior high spelling bee champion, I am ashamed of myself. :D
jackalope11 wrote:
romothesavior wrote: -My general interests: Watching sports, golfing, video games, and going out on the town
So, Romo, are you a fan of "Da Boyz", or is the name a subtle dig? Just checking... As a rabid Cowboys fan, I am always looking for kindred spirits. :lol:
Yes, I am a die hard Cowboys fan. Rabid is probably the word I would use to describe my fandom as well. What did you think of the McNabb move? I'm a little worried... I think the Eagles will still be decent, the Redskins will be a lot better on offense (which was their biggest weakness the last few years), and I can't see the Giants being as bad as they were last year. It should be a really competitive division!

I'm also a die-hard Cardinals fan, which is a big draw to WUSTL. If you aren't a Cardinals fan now, you will be next fall. I will convert you. ALL of you.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:01 pm

romothesavior wrote:
sibley wrote:
Haha yes, I knew it was misspelled right after I posted it. I was just too lazy to go in and change it. As a back-to-back junior high spelling bee champion, I am ashamed of myself. :D
jackalope11 wrote:
romothesavior wrote: -My general interests: Watching sports, golfing, video games, and going out on the town
So, Romo, are you a fan of "Da Boyz", or is the name a subtle dig? Just checking... As a rabid Cowboys fan, I am always looking for kindred spirits. :lol:
Yes, I am a die hard Cowboys fan. Rabid is probably the word I would use to describe my fandom as well. What did you think of the McNabb move? I'm a little worried... I think the Eagles will still be decent, the Redskins will be a lot better on offense (which was their biggest weakness the last few years), and I can't see the Giants being as bad as they were last year. It should be a really competitive division!

I'm also a die-hard Cardinals fan, which is a big draw to WUSTL. If you aren't a Cardinals fan now, you will be next fall. I will convert you. ALL of you.

you're half dork and half jock. that's really weird.

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:
sibley wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:

Does this mean y'all are from Texas?

Edit: I'll be real excited for St. Louis if Bradford gets drafted to the Rams :D
Last edited by Stephanie13 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
sibley wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:

Does this mean y'all are from Texas?
No, I'm from Illinois. But I am an American. And seeing as the Cowboys are America's Team...

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:
No, I'm from Illinois. But I am an American. And seeing as the Cowboys are America's Team...
:lol:

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm

sibley wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
sibley wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:

Yes, I certainly am. I've often described myself as such, actually. I'll try to maintain that balance as best I can, so as to not come off too "frat" or too gunnerish.

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 pm

So I still haven't gotten my "we are hopeful" or any response to my scholarship negotiation email and now I'm thinking that maybe I sent it to the wrong place? I sent it to admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu. Is that the right place?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Romo,

I have learned after many years that the G-men are always dangerous for any Cowboys team... Yet, I can't help but wonder if they were able to fix all the problems they appeared to have on D last year by firing one coordinator and getting rid of a couple of players.

As for McNabb, I think he instantly makes that team much better... I would say that they seem to have many holes to fill, though. Portis started to look his age last year, and it didn't look like either Betts or Cartwright were the guy to fills his shoes. Not to mention, it sure didn't seem like their receiving corps was getting a great deal of separation out there... I still say Randle-El is one of those players that looks great in practice and then is a different player when it's time to lace up the game day shoes.

For the Eagles, I wonder if they aren't the latest in a string of teams to hitch their wagon to the wrong QB. Kolb has a nice completion percentage (about 5% over avg. for the league), but he threw 4 TD's against 3 picks. As fans the Cowboys, let's hope for more of that! For every Aaron Rogers, it seems there are many more JP Losmans (who thought drafting a QB named Loss Man was a good idea???) and Rex Grossmans out there...

Not that I watch too much football, or anything... :lol:

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 pm

sibley wrote:
Actually, it's more common than one might believe... How do you think most sports writers get their jobs? :mrgreen:

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:So I still haven't gotten my "we are hopeful" or any response to my scholarship negotiation email and now I'm thinking that maybe I sent it to the wrong place? I sent it to admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu. Is that the right place?

I don't think you've sent it to the wrong place... I know that I have had received replies to messages that I have sent there. I still think that they are just really, really busy.

I hope you fare better than others have with negotiations... Maybe the "we are hopeful" e-mail is just the precursor to the " Fundage Increase DENIED" message. Maybe the silence means that you are actually being considered!

Glass is half-full guy, right here... (points at self)

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:50 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:So I still haven't gotten my "we are hopeful" or any response to my scholarship negotiation email and now I'm thinking that maybe I sent it to the wrong place? I sent it to admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu. Is that the right place?

I don't think you've sent it to the wrong place... I know that I have had received replies to messages that I have sent there. I still think that they are just really, really busy.

I hope you fare better than others have with negotiations... Maybe the "we are hopeful" e-mail is just the precursor to the " Fundage Increase DENIED" message. Maybe the silence means that you are actually being considered!

Glass is half-full guy, right here... (points at self)
Haha I would like to think so too! Although, I'm not a big fan of disappointment so I will pretend to not care :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”