WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
motedust

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Chargers for the win baby!!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 pm

myq wrote:I'll be down for sushi on the 21st.

Also, does anybody have any hotel suggestions?

What are you looking for? Cheap but you won't catch the HIV or Comfy and a bit pricy?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:52 pm

beachbum wrote:not to be a total creeper, but... if you want good sushi around WUSTL, try Kampai in the CWE. I currently live in the CWE (life-long STL resident), and Kampai is heads and tails above the competition. Subzero is much more enjoyable as a bar (ice bar!) than as a sushi restaurant, and I've never been fond of Drunken Fish (overrated, seems like more of a trendy club than a sushi spot).

Blue Ocean (in the loop) is also a solid option, and it offers all-you-can-eat sushi at three different price levels.

Anyway, good luck to you all at WUSTL- it's a great school. (I might be joining you all in a year). And if you have any questions about STL, just ask.

BLUE OCEAN! That's what it's called! Blue ocean is the one I was talking about!
So we got:
mote
fl0w (Congrats!!! I know the housing market is tough right now go you!)
panadera
J-Tow
myq
Rock Chalk
and me!

Woot woot! Anyone else is totally down and totally game. If everyone wants to party it up I can DD as well, or if we decide to hit up Blue Ocean, my apt. is two blocks away so we could just chill there too. I have an awesome bean bag chair that my parents got as a wedding gift that people always marvel at when they come over...

motedust

Postby motedust » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:03 am

I just checked out the website and it looks fucking good hahaha. I think we should definitely head out afterwards to CWE or U-City or something. The Delmar Loop station is super close to Blue Ocean so we can do either for sure.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 am

Rock Chalk wrote:
robin600 wrote:Sweet mote! 21st is a go! Let's see how many will join us?

I'm already here. Moved in last Friday. I'll go.

Hey NU Jet, did you ever price those Rams/Chiefs tickets for December. I mentioned the idea of going to my mom and she's super excited now, so if you know how much they cost or some way to get them cheap let me know.

I'm definitely down for the Chiefs/Rams game. I'll also be going back to KC semi-frequently for home games and to tail-gate with buddies. I'm willing to take along as many as fit in my small 4-door civic. If you've never been to a Chiefs game, it's worth going at least once for the experience.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 am

robin600 wrote:
beachbum wrote:not to be a total creeper, but... if you want good sushi around WUSTL, try Kampai in the CWE. I currently live in the CWE (life-long STL resident), and Kampai is heads and tails above the competition. Subzero is much more enjoyable as a bar (ice bar!) than as a sushi restaurant, and I've never been fond of Drunken Fish (overrated, seems like more of a trendy club than a sushi spot).

Blue Ocean (in the loop) is also a solid option, and it offers all-you-can-eat sushi at three different price levels.

Anyway, good luck to you all at WUSTL- it's a great school. (I might be joining you all in a year). And if you have any questions about STL, just ask.

So we got:
mote
panadera
J-Tow
myq
Rock Chalk
and me!

Woot woot! Anyone else is totally down and totally game. If everyone wants to party it up I can DD as well, or if we decide to hit up Blue Ocean, my apt. is two blocks away so we could just chill there too. I have an awesome bean bag chair that my parents got as a wedding gift that people always marvel at when they come over...

just PM me details or something yeah?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 am

fl0w wrote:
robin600 wrote:

So we got:
mote
panadera
J-Tow
myq
Rock Chalk
and me!

I can do that. Do you have any preference on where we go?

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:20 am

robin600 wrote:

So we got:
mote
panadera
J-Tow
myq
Rock Chalk
and me!

oh im def in for that too. I must say, most of my all you can eat sushi experiences have been far less classy as they also came with an all you can drink beer/saki policy. Heres to something new... haha I get in on the 19th and I have NO clue how much stuff ill need to buy etc so maybe i wont make it, but assuming i do work those days, i should be fine...i think

sooo excited to finally meet you all

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 am

romothesavior wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
Right now the cheapest on stub hub is $41. As it gets closer to Dec. 19th and the Rams continue to suck, the tickets will likely be even easier/cheaper to find. I'm definitely going to go though so it'd be sweet if we could tailgate beforehand or something KC style.

Egregious, rampant, inexcusable "the Chiefs are not going to suck and thus will not contribute to low ticket prices" trolling.

Hahaha totally credited, although I must admit I am holding out a small sliver of hope for this year. Easiest schedule of all time ftw!

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 am

motedust wrote:Chargers for the win baby!!

Yeah sadly they'll most likely dominate the division again this year, but I'll definitely be at the Monday night opener pulling for an arrowhead miracle.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:59 am

robin600 wrote:
fl0w wrote:

I can do that. Do you have any preference on where we go?

i mean all you can eat is hit or miss. I live in CWE at the Caaaaaaarleton but I've got a car too. I'm flexible is what I'm trying to say.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 am

Rock on nyyankees, see you there!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:07 am

Sad face.
So yesterday the lady from the Eagleton scholarship called me and asked me a few questions, mostly biographical (like race and ethnicity and stuff). Then I get a call today saying I'm no longer being considered. I'm confused and very sad.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

robin600 wrote:Sad face.
So yesterday the lady from the Eagleton scholarship called me and asked me a few questions, mostly biographical (like race and ethnicity and stuff). Then I get a call today saying I'm no longer being considered. I'm confused and very sad.

maybe you have to be a minority?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:59 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:
motedust wrote:Chargers for the win baby!!

Yeah sadly they'll most likely dominate the division again this year, but I'll definitely be at the Monday night opener pulling for an arrowhead miracle.

So they're just playing scrimmages against themselves for 16 games?

camstant

Postby camstant » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm

1. I'm totally down for sushi, love it.

2. I didn't realize there were so many KC people in here. Please tell me we're watching KU games too...

EDIT: Note avatar :D

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Bummer. Sorry Robin. I guess they're calling candidates? I didn't even get a call. :(

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Sorry to hear that. Not surprising though, since the scholarship is for minorities.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Not surprising though, since the scholarship is for minorities.

I was hoping that minority includes disabled persons and not just racial minorities, guess not!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:04 pm

2013esq wrote:

Bummer. Sorry Robin. I guess they're calling candidates? I didn't even get a call. :(

Suckfest

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Those of you who are in STL now: What are you doing Friday night?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:30 pm

I'll be back in MI sorry romo. family reunion :shock:

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Finally IN off of hold!! I will almost certainly be joining you guys in STL this fall. I'm in a state of shock right now...

Didn't get scholly in the email though... Deebs and other recent admits, did you get the splitter scholly automatically? Or did you shoot an email to Dean Clifford?

camstant

Postby camstant » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:27 pm

quadsixm wrote:Finally IN off of hold!! I will almost certainly be joining you guys in STL this fall. I'm in a state of shock right now...

Didn't get scholly in the email though... Deebs and other recent admits, did you get the splitter scholly automatically? Or did you shoot an email to Dean Clifford?

It will probably come in a separate email. CONGRATS for now though!

deebs

Postby deebs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:47 pm

quadsixm wrote:Finally IN off of hold!! I will almost certainly be joining you guys in STL this fall. I'm in a state of shock right now...

Congrats Quad! I didn't get it right away but I asked about a scholarship in the first e-mail I sent back to her and she offered the splitter scholly later that day.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”