WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:15 pm

robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Really starting to feel like us law school girls are second class citizens ITT....Lol I was a wee bit tipsy when I wrote that so sorry for the harshness, but in all reality, you boys really need to take this girl rating thing outside the main thread. I really don't want to be a debby downer, but it doesn't make us girls feel the greatest when you talk about us like we're not here.

What are you referring to? I, for one, have not said anything remotely offensive or derogatory (nor would I). Please don't paint with broad brushstrokes.

Not trying to start shit, just stating the way I feel. Sometimes it doesn't need to be blatant. I'm not saying you all are women haters or anything, but talking about us girls like we aren't here makes (at least me) feel inferior. I know you mean no harm, I just wanted to tell you. We all good?

So how about those Cardinals?

I guess I can't change the way you feel, but I really don't see it at all. I have gone back through and read the last few pages (especially my posts) and I don't feel like anything I have said would offend any of my friends IRL or any of my other friends on TLS. Also, I'm FB friends with a number of people ITT and would never besmirch (love that word) the reputation of the wonderful people in this thread. I am probably the least anonymous person in this group and would never risk my reputation by making offensive and/or sexist comments ITT. But if you have somehow been offended, then I suppose we should just avoid the topic of the opposite sex altogether in this thread.

Anyways, as for the Cardinals... they're on a roll! They've won 8 games straight now and I think they'll keep it up with Wainright on the mound tonight. Hopefully we get to see a good pitching matchup when we're down there.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:Hopefully we get to see a good pitching matchup a shit ton of runs when we're down there.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm

robin600 wrote:Really starting to feel like us law school girls are second class citizens ITT....Lol I was a wee bit tipsy when I wrote that so sorry for the harshness, but in all reality, you boys really need to take this girl rating thing outside the main thread. I really don't want to be a debby downer, but it doesn't make us girls feel the greatest when you talk about us like we're not here.
now that you mention it i don't think there has been many posts from women in this thread lately....i've only noticed three women in this thread. you, stephanie, and mbaino.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:04 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Hopefully we get to see a good pitching matchup a shit ton of runs when we're down there.

Amen, no hitters are cool and all, but I do wanna see some action!

PS- Just got approved for my accommodations today! I get time-and-a-half on exams, both textbooks in paper format and electronic format, and mp3s of textbooks and any supplements I need to be converted over. I totally wasn't expecting all of that, but it's great! Stoked! ( I know I'm pretty lame for getting excited about accommodations, but I had to pack up my xbox today so I'm a little bored ok)

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:
robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Really starting to feel like us law school girls are second class citizens ITT....Lol I was a wee bit tipsy when I wrote that so sorry for the harshness, but in all reality, you boys really need to take this girl rating thing outside the main thread. I really don't want to be a debby downer, but it doesn't make us girls feel the greatest when you talk about us like we're not here.

What are you referring to? I, for one, have not said anything remotely offensive or derogatory (nor would I). Please don't paint with broad brushstrokes.

Not trying to start shit, just stating the way I feel. Sometimes it doesn't need to be blatant. I'm not saying you all are women haters or anything, but talking about us girls like we aren't here makes (at least me) feel inferior. I know you mean no harm, I just wanted to tell you. We all good?

So how about those Cardinals?

I guess I can't change the way you feel, but I really don't see it at all. I have gone back through and read the last few pages (especially my posts) and I don't feel like anything I have said would offend any of my friends IRL or any of my other friends on TLS. Also, I'm FB friends with a number of people ITT and would never besmirch (love that word) the reputation of the wonderful people in this thread. I am probably the least anonymous person in this group and would never risk my reputation by making offensive and/or sexist comments ITT. But if you have somehow been offended, then I suppose we should just avoid the topic of the opposite sex altogether in this thread.

Anyways, as for the Cardinals... they're on a roll! They've won 8 games straight now and I think they'll keep it up with Wainright on the mound tonight. Hopefully we get to see a good pitching matchup when we're down there.

Sent you a PM

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 pm

robin600 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

PS- Just got approved for my accommodations today! I get time-and-a-half on exams, both textbooks in paper format and electronic format, and mp3s of textbooks and any supplements I need to be converted over. I totally wasn't expecting all of that, but it's great! Stoked! ( I know I'm pretty lame for getting excited about accommodations, but I had to pack up my xbox today so I'm a little bored ok)

congrats....how did you know you were able to apply for accommodations? by just asking the admissions office?
and i feel your pain in regards to not being able to play the xbox. i'm trying to get a final month of consistent gaming in before school starts by playing final fantasy 13, a 50-60 hr game. i'm going to have to cut it out after this one.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:14 pm

najumobi wrote:
robin600 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

congrats....how did you know you were able to apply for accommodations? by just asking the admissions office?
and i feel your pain in regards to not being able to play the xbox. i'm trying to get a final month of consistent gaming in before school starts by playing final fantasy 13, a 50-60 hr game. i'm going to have to cut it out after this one.

i finished that game recently. it was pretty satisfying overall.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:16 pm

I haven't had a video game console in months... basically ever since my XBox broke. I used to go into my buddy's room all the time and play his PS3, but I have had nothing all summer.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:16 pm

fl0w wrote:
najumobi wrote:congrats....how did you know you were able to apply for accommodations? by just asking the admissions office?

that's good to hear....i'm a huge fan of the series....

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

najumobi wrote:
robin600 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

OMG gaming buddy!!!! How far are you in FF13, I just got it and I'm on disc 2 right now with the big bug boss with Lightning and Vanille. ME2 is amazing if you haven't played through it already, it's quick too if you avoid the side quests. (Omg my nerd is showing)

I called the Disability Resource Center and asked them if I could get accommodations as I did on the LSAT, so I sent in my documentation and just heard back today!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

najumobi wrote:
fl0w wrote:
najumobi wrote:congrats....how did you know you were able to apply for accommodations? by just asking the admissions office?

that's good to hear....i'm a huge fan of the series....

unfortunately so am I. I spent way too many hours playing that FF11 online game. I'm so happy to be free of that addiction. I will never touch another MMORPG (for those not familiar with the vernacular, games like World of Warcraft) again.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:20 pm

I am so excited there are other gamers ITT. I'm so happy! Super pissed though that COD Black Ops comes out right when final pressure starts to build. I already know what I will be doing over X-mas break.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm

does anybody play FIFA at all? like, at all?

folgers

Postby folgers » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm

najumobi wrote:and i feel your pain in regards to not being able to play the xbox. i'm trying to get a final month of consistent gaming in before school starts by playing final fantasy 13, a 50-60 hr game. i'm going to have to cut it out after this one.

That's funny I thought I was the only one on a binge when it came to unproductive activities. I have been watching Netflix online like they are going to stop making movies in August. I think I've watched 6 or 7 this week and most haven't even been very good. I am balancing it out a little by reading GTM before I go to bed. I'm definitely going to have to freeze my account next month and not turn it back on until Christmas.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:23 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:does anybody play FIFA at all? like, at all?

Totally! Wayne Rooney FTW!

deebs

Postby deebs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Used to play fifa 08 all the time back in undergrad. Haven't picked up the new one but I've been thinking about it - I might have to get it if ppl are down to play it.

But I've also been down MMO path and just stick to some console games and TF2 every now and then.

Off topic: How is the skinner/debaliviere area? It seems like it's right in between campus/CWE and is pretty much where half of my apartment searches end up.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 pm

robin600 wrote:

OMG gaming buddy!!!! How far are you in FF13, I just got it and I'm on disc 2 right now with the big bug boss with Lightning and Vanille. ME2 is amazing if you haven't played through it already, it's quick too if you avoid the side quests. (Omg my nerd is showing)

I called the Disability Resource Center and asked them if I could get accommodations as I did on the LSAT, so I sent in my documentation and just heard back today!

i was careful to in reading your comments about FF13...i'm not trying to read any spoilers. :D i just sent "dead space" back to gamefly and am waiting for them to send me ff13. nerd? pshhh....everyone plays video games...at least drunken rock band.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 pm

robin600 wrote:

deebs wrote:Used to play fifa 08 all the time back in undergrad. Haven't picked up the new one but I've been thinking about it - I might have to get it if ppl are down to play it.

This is good to hear...I have an addiction that I am going to need to feed at certain points throughout the year...between my roommate and I, we've played close to 1,000 games online in '10 between FIFA '10 and World Cup. Best Sports game ever.

deebs

Postby deebs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
robin600 wrote:

deebs wrote:Used to play fifa 08 all the time back in undergrad. Haven't picked up the new one but I've been thinking about it - I might have to get it if ppl are down to play it.

This is good to hear...I have an addiction that I am going to need to feed at certain points throughout the year...between my roommate and I, we've played close to 1,000 games online in '10 between FIFA '10 and World Cup. Best Sports game ever.

Fantastic, now just to decide between getting this years or waiting til september for Fifa11

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 pm

najumobi wrote:
robin600 wrote:

i was careful to in reading your comments about FF13...i'm not trying to read any spoilers. :D i just sent "dead space" back to gamefly and am waiting for them to send me ff13. nerd? pshhh....everyone plays video games...at least drunken rock band.

You didn't like ME2? I will spoiler control my ff13 comments from now on :)

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 pm

deebs wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Fantastic, now just to decide between getting this years or waiting til september for Fifa11

This years is really good. I'd recommend this years. Plus you can probably buy it used now for pretty cheap!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 pm

robin600 wrote:PS- Just got approved for my accommodations today! I get time-and-a-half on exams, both textbooks in paper format and electronic format, and mp3s of textbooks and any supplements I need to be converted over. I totally wasn't expecting all of that, but it's great! Stoked! ( I know I'm pretty lame for getting excited about accommodations, but I had to pack up my xbox today so I'm a little bored ok)

out of curiosity, you don't need to answer if you don't want to, what are the accommodations for?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:40 pm

robin600 wrote:You didn't like ME2? I will spoiler control my ff13 comments from now on :)

PC games! Battlefield 2, Starcraft 2 (beta just ended), League of Legends!!!

deebs

Postby deebs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:42 pm

finalaspects wrote:
robin600 wrote:You didn't like ME2? I will spoiler control my ff13 comments from now on :)

PC games! Battlefield 2, Starcraft 2 (beta just ended), League of Legends!!!

I was into SC2 beta for a while. Don't think I'm gonna pick it up though since it takes so much time to do well. Got up to plat in beta then got destroyed haha

deebs

Postby deebs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:43 pm

robin600 wrote:This years is really good. I'd recommend this years. Plus you can probably buy it used now for pretty cheap!

Not a bad idea, the world cup edition is 40 bucks new, and I bet you're right about the used copies. Any difference between Fifa10 and fifa10 world cup south africa edition?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”