WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
JCougar

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:02 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
I don't know that this matters much. Wash U. has awesome lay prestige throughout the city. When I toured the campus/city months ago, just telling people (girls included) that you were there because you might go to Wash U law made their eyes widen.

I'd personally prefer to date outside the law school, and I'm too old for undergrads. I'm aiming for some hot city girls of moderate intelligence, or someone from the medical school. Doctors have nurturing personalities. Law students are stubborn and argumentative. Take your pick.

you and me. we're going hunting near the med campus/bars! i have the exact same mentality as you in regards to law vs. med gfs.

I'm living like three blocks from the medical school FTW. We'll have to be wingmen.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:06 pm

finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:
JCougar wrote:I don't know that this matters much. Wash U. has awesome lay prestige throughout the city. When I toured the campus/city months ago, just telling people girls that you were there because you might go to Wash U law made their eyes widen panties drop.

fixed that for you.
this is exactly why you will have more success outside of the law school.

And as a fellow seasoned man, i feel you on not wanting to hit on girls under 25.

how old are you flow? my rule is the girl just has to have graduated from undergrad (otherwise they don't know how real life really is and lives in a fictional world until then)

i'm 27 (28 in Jan). I agree with you, but I like adding the caveat that I would like them to have worked for a couple years to have an understanding of responsibility and the value of money. Not always required, but I find it a good rule to live by.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

JCougar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
I don't know that this matters much. Wash U. has awesome lay prestige throughout the city. When I toured the campus/city months ago, just telling people (girls included) that you were there because you might go to Wash U law made their eyes widen.

I'd personally prefer to date outside the law school, and I'm too old for undergrads. I'm aiming for some hot city girls of moderate intelligence, or someone from the medical school. Doctors have nurturing personalities. Law students are stubborn and argumentative. Take your pick.

you and me. we're going hunting near the med campus/bars! i have the exact same mentality as you in regards to law vs. med gfs.

I'm living like three blocks from the medical school FTW. We'll have to be wingmen.

errrm can i come too?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

JCougar wrote:I'm living like three blocks from the medical school FTW. We'll have to be wingmen.

i will also be living a couple blocks from the med school. i really love the fact that there are 5 bars and almost 50 places to eat within walking a 5-15 min. walk.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm

fl0w wrote:
JCougar wrote:I don't know that this matters much. Wash U. has awesome lay prestige throughout the city. When I toured the campus/city months ago, just telling people girls that you were there because you might go to Wash U law made their eyes widen panties drop.

fixed that for you.

Yeah, I feel you. I would have been more "descriptive" of the reactions created by the WUSTL Law mojo if this board was just us guys shooting the shit. But let me just say, the eyes will likely not be the only thing "widening."

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

fl0w wrote:
i'm 27 (28 in Jan). I agree with you, but I like adding the caveat that I would like them to have worked for a couple years to have an understanding of responsibility and the value of money. Not always required, but I find it a good rule to live by.

i would agree with you that they should have a couple years of working experience but i myself have only a couple of years of work experience so i can't expect too much. i'm 24 but will be 25 by the time classes start so as long as they're over 21/22 i'm game.

fl0w wrote: errrm can i come too?

i vote yes

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:

fixed that for you.

Yeah, I feel you. I would have been more "descriptive" of the reactions created by the WUSTL Law mojo if this board was just us guys shooting the shit. But let me just say, the eyes will likely not be the only thing "widening."

lol yea we should watch it since its not only guys on this forum

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:12 pm

fl0w wrote:
JCougar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:

errrm can i come too?

Of course, man. I thought I remembered you having a SO, though. Of course, that could really come in handy. Having a female willing to work on your team is a great asset.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

najumobi wrote:
JCougar wrote:I'm living like three blocks from the medical school FTW. We'll have to be wingmen.

i will also be living a couple blocks from the med school. i really love the fact that there are 5 bars and almost 50 places to eat within walking a 5-15 min. walk.

Exactly. And the bars in this area are really populated by people our age. Not a lot of undergrads, and not a lot of 40-year-old divorcees looking to hook up (like I am all to used to after living in Florida for 2 years).

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

JCougar wrote:Of course, man. I thought I remembered you having a SO, though. Of course, that could really come in handy. Having a female willing to work on your team is a great asset.

yeah.. about that... long story. short version, she chose to pursue her MBA at UCLA. Happy for her, sad for me.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 pm

fl0w wrote:
JCougar wrote:Of course, man. I thought I remembered you having a SO, though. Of course, that could really come in handy. Having a female willing to work on your team is a great asset.

yeah.. about that... long story. short version, she chose to pursue her MBA at UCLA. Happy for her, sad for me.

Oh yeah I forgot about your SO. Sorry to hear that man.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 pm

fl0w wrote:

Ouch...sorry man. We'll buck you up! Plenty of fish in the sea!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:33 pm

i appreciate it guys, but let's not make this a pity party. I'm a grown ass man, I'll be ok :lol:

Booze + Music is a formula for all sorts of cures to bad feelings.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:36 pm

JCougar wrote:
najumobi wrote:

Exactly. And the bars in this area are really populated by people our age. Not a lot of undergrads, and not a lot of 40-year-old divorcees looking to hook up (like I am all to used to after living in Florida for 2 years).

man i wish i got an apt in CWE. i'm slightly west of that but i do have a car.

folgers

Postby folgers » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm

najumobi wrote:

Me too. If my place faced the opposite direction I could see it from my windows. I'll be at the corner of Laclede and Euclid so just a block north of all the med buildings. So, I'd love to come tag along too. And since I have a girlfriend, I'll be happy to assume the wingman role.

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Yo JCougar! I remember you from the LSAT and WUSTL Applicant threads haha. Glad you made it here brotha and you are living in CWE!! It's really where the cool kids are at.

fl0w we're in the same situation dude that's why I looked at collegeprowler in the first place haha.

Dibs on a wingman as well. kthx

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:44 pm

folgers wrote:I'd love to come tag along too. And since I have a girlfriend, I'll be happy to assume the wingman role.

+1

DMONEY

Postby DMONEY » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Anyone down to hit up the bars on August 20th??? I'm feelin confident that the class of 2013 will go down in history. Don't worry Flow... just broke up with my GF too :cry:. Add me to the wingman list... pretty experienced in this area

La Grind Date

Postby La Grind Date » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 pm

DMONEY wrote:Anyone down to hit up the bars on August 20th??? I'm feelin confident that the class of 2013 will go down in history. Don't worry Flow... just broke up with my GF too :cry:. Add me to the wingman list... pretty experienced in this area

lol!

add your boy to the list too. i'm down to hit up some spots on the 20th. i'll holler at you, dmoney.

deebs

Postby deebs » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 am

Another experienced wingman who enjoys partying

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:02 am

Just returned from St. Louis. Moved some stuff into the apartment and showed my dad the school. I am really stoked about being down there.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:48 am

Way too many wingmen in the thread...

Moving in two days! I'm starting to get pumped! Anybody who's going to be in STL next week wanna get a drink?

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:21 am

I will fully utilize all the wingmen here.

DMONEY

Postby DMONEY » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:01 am

Let's get a facebook group going too if there isn't one yet...

myq

Postby myq » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 am

DMONEY wrote:Let's get a facebook group going too if there isn't one yet...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106516306047693&ref=ts

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”