WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
motedust

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:49 pm

fl0w wrote:nvm, i found it. so basically that website says wustl girls are some of the least desirable in the country.

well we're up there with schools like Columbia, Tufts, Berkeley, Chicago, Stanford, MIT, Wesleyan (C+ rankings) and a step above schools like Harvey Mudd, Carnegie Mellon, etc (C ranking).

Aaaaand they're smart...so uh smart=sexy? Not sure how that one works out really. Gotta look at the positives of the situation fl0w!

camstant

Postby camstant » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:13 pm

motedust wrote:
fl0w wrote:nvm, i found it. so basically that website says wustl girls are some of the least desirable in the country.

well we're up there with schools like Columbia, Tufts, Berkeley, Chicago, Stanford, MIT, Wesleyan (C+ rankings) and a step above schools like Harvey Mudd, Carnegie Mellon, etc (C ranking).

Aaaaand they're smart...so uh smart=sexy? Not sure how that one works out really. Gotta look at the positives of the situation fl0w!

So are you guys telling me that you haven't seen the Women of MIT swimsuit calender?!?!?

jmhallah

Postby jmhallah » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:15 pm

anyone looking for a roommate? PM me. I'll be in STL tomorrow looking for a place..

deebs

Postby deebs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:33 pm

jmhallah wrote:anyone looking for a roommate? PM me. I'll be in STL tomorrow looking for a place..

Sent you a message

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:35 pm

sexy and smart are not the same thing at all.

intelligence can add to sex appeal, but will never define it alone. I'm sorry but looks matter. I said it.
And the rankings are just on looks. They are on a lot of other attributes. And a C+ rating means they are lacking in more than just looks.

ugh. :roll:

motedust

Postby motedust » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Dude. I know the situation may seem bleak now but we will survive! Coming from SD with San Diego State, Univ of San Diego and Point Loma the chicks are ridiculous I know it's gonna be a change. I have no issues expanding my search to SLU and to the general CWE nightlife area. I hope there are a few bachelors in our class... I'm just not used to these midwestern women! It might take some practice.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 pm

motedust wrote:Dude. I know the situation may seem bleak now but we will survive! Coming from SD with San Diego State, Univ of San Diego and Point Loma the chicks are ridiculous I know it's gonna be a change. I have no issues expanding my search to SLU and to the general CWE nightlife area. I hope there are a few bachelors in our class... I'm just not used to these midwestern women! It might take some practice.
:lol:

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

DMONEY wrote:I'm living at West End Apartments... you should take a look they're pretty nice. BTW any University of Illinois grads????? or People from Illinois??

west end city apartments? --LinkRemoved--[id]/16018/

That's actually my #3 choice, way more affordable and seems nice. Apartment reviews that I've found criticized the pool and the maintenance, not that the former is a deal breaker by any means. How is the noise level there or any other info.? Thanks for any info.

I really want to be serious for 1L which is making me paranoid as all hell.

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 pm

fl0w wrote:
dudnaito wrote:Damn, still looking for apartments. I dunno why but looking at the Dorcester and the Lofts at the Highlands, just cause they're so dang expensive. I'm just trying to figure out why they're so expensive. I plan to live like a king for the first year, then go homeless the last two years. Good plan?

Any recommendations from locals or those that are already there?

the dorchester is a dump. i "dated" a girl that lived there while I was in undergrad. I do not understand why it is so expensive. the place really is a big garbage heap.

where do you live? I'm supposing by your comment it's nicer than the dorcester or are you saying the costs are excessive for the accommodations?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:12 pm

motedust wrote:Dude. I know the situation may seem bleak now but we will survive! Coming from SD with San Diego State, Univ of San Diego and Point Loma the chicks are ridiculous I know it's gonna be a change. I have no issues expanding my search to SLU and to the general CWE nightlife area. I hope there are a few bachelors in our class... I'm just not used to these midwestern women! It might take some practice.

I'm not used to them either and I've lived here for 22 years.

I am just crossing my fingers that there are actually some single, attractive girls around my age in our class. Seems like most law school women are in long term relationships or married. Or not my type.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:36 pm

romothesavior wrote:

I'm not used to them either and I've lived here for 22 years.

I am just crossing my fingers that there are actually some single, attractive girls around my age in our class. Seems like most law school women are in long term relationships or married. Or not my type.

I don't think it is that the men and women at WUSTL are midwestern. It is that they are nerdy. A fair proportion of the A+, A, A- schools are midwestern (including University of Missouri)! The midwest farmer's daughters really make me feel alright.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:40 pm

for the most part, you need to be looking outside of lawschool for a lady, if you ask me.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 am

Whoa there, last time I checked the FB page I didn't see any Leonardo DiCaprio look-alikes. Sorry boys but all this bad-talking of us law school women isn't making your situation look good. I hope all the guys at WUSTL don't feel the same way because that would be really depressing :cry: .

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:09 am

robin600 wrote:Whoa there, last time I checked the FB page I didn't see any Leonardo DiCaprio look-alikes. Sorry boys but all this bad-talking of us law school women isn't making your situation look good. I hope all the guys at WUSTL don't feel the same way because that would be really depressing :cry: .

Hey no bashing on my part. Just stating an observation... it seems like most LS women at almost all schools are married or in long term relationships. Or at least older, which isn't hard to do since I'm only 22.

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 am

robin600 wrote:Whoa there, last time I checked the FB page I didn't see any Leonardo DiCaprio look-alikes. Sorry boys but all this bad-talking of us law school women isn't making your situation look good. I hope all the guys at WUSTL don't feel the same way because that would be really depressing :cry: .

Haha collegeprowler has mixed reviews on the men, same as the women. Law school wise though I really have no idea. When I went to the housing day it was difficult to scope anything out because literally I was the only peson there without both parents haha. Didn't wanna creep my first impression.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 am

motedust wrote:

Haha collegeprowler has mixed reviews on the men, same as the women. Law school wise though I really have no idea. When I went to the housing day it was difficult to scope anything out because literally I was the only peson there without both parents haha. Didn't wanna creep my first impression.

Lol, I know. For the info session, I don't think one student asked questions, it was all parents. It was great!
romothesavior wrote:

Hey no bashing on my part. Just stating an observation... it seems like most LS women at almost all schools are married or in long term relationships. Or at least older, which isn't hard to do since I'm only 22.

Not married, not in a long-term relationship, and just turned 23. I met some nice girls at the housing day who were the same as me. And no, none of them (us) were trolls :)

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 am

I actually kinda got the feeling that quite a few of the guys were in serious relationships or engaged/married from what I saw and a few people I've seen on the FB group. But then again I'm only friends with one TLSer on FB, NU_Jet55 i think.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 am

motedust wrote:I actually kinda got the feeling that quite a few of the guys were in serious relationships or engaged/married from what I saw and a few people I've seen on the FB group. But then again I'm only friends with one TLSer on FB, NU_Jet55 i think.

Looks like we just wait till 2L when all the serious relationships are not so serious any more, or maybe scope out the med school ???? hmmm.....

mbaino

Postby mbaino » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:32 am

As someone who graduated from Washu a hot and spicy second ago, I would say that the law and med school students are slightly more attractive than the undergrads. But overall......meh. We all have to make sacrifices.

(Good news if you're from a sexier part of the country: you can let yourself go a little bit and still do well for yourself!)

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:34 am

robin600 wrote:
motedust wrote:I actually kinda got the feeling that quite a few of the guys were in serious relationships or engaged/married from what I saw and a few people I've seen on the FB group. But then again I'm only friends with one TLSer on FB, NU_Jet55 i think.

Looks like we just wait till 2L when all the serious relationships are not so serious any more, or maybe scope out the med school ???? hmmm.....

There should be a ton of med students out in CWE. But really...I'm not gonna lie to myself, my booty call is gonna be my casebook...my g/f my E&Es, maybe they have soft cover versions so they're easier to cuddle at night. hahaha

motedust

Postby motedust » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 am

mbaino wrote:
(Good news if you're from a sexier part of the country: you can let yourself go a little bit and still do well for yourself!)

Hahaha good to know, woo CA.

DMONEY

Postby DMONEY » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 am

I have faith in the mature women of law... but I hope there are at least sommmmmme people that like to party it up

Oban

Postby Oban » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 am

Not that there will be much/any time, but i want start a band. Being in a band was one of the best parts of my undergrad.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:10 am

What is this collegeprowler business? Never heard of it but I'll have to check it out.

DMONEY wrote:I have faith in the mature women of law... but I hope there are at least sommmmmme people that like to party it up

Hello there...

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 am

robin600 wrote:Not married, not in a long-term relationship, and just turned 23. I met some nice girls at the housing day who were the same as me. And no, none of them (us) were trolls :)

I must say... all the girls I am friends with on Facebook from this group are nice, good looking girls. We may have to get some of them to break up with their boyfriends, but other than that... :lol: (kidding)

And thankfully for us guys, NUJet, Camstant and Strato are off the market, which means they won't be hoarding all the women with their good looks and charm.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”