WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

if it aint the Caaaaaaarleton it aint nothin.

WashU Carleton Crew represent!

I probably won't be saying that anymore after my place is trashed from post-CWE after parties, haha!

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

fl0w wrote:if it aint the Caaaaaaarleton it aint nothin.

WashU Carleton Crew represent!

I probably won't be saying that anymore after my place is trashed from post-CWE after parties, haha!
lol

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Fully-furnished for the WIN.


you got a furnished place as well? where? the only furnished place i found was through quadrangle.


Pure luck, really. My roommate found it online and we checked it out, and it is an amazing apartment. Really spacious and well kept with a deck, nice furniture, and new appliances. $1000 a month (split 2 ways) just south of Delmar and just west of Skinker. Probably a 15-20 minute walk to the law building. And our landlord and property manager are smokin hot.

Who'd u rent through just curious?


PS- This heat needs to chill out before I move down Friday.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 pm

robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Fully-furnished for the WIN.


you got a furnished place as well? where? the only furnished place i found was through quadrangle.


Pure luck, really. My roommate found it online and we checked it out, and it is an amazing apartment. Really spacious and well kept with a deck, nice furniture, and new appliances. $1000 a month (split 2 ways) just south of Delmar and just west of Skinker. Probably a 15-20 minute walk to the law building. And our landlord and property manager are smokin hot.

Who'd u rent through just curious?


PS- This heat needs to chill out before I move down Friday.


Just some lady, not a company. It used to be her apartment when she lived in STL but she no longer lives there and just leases it out. She seems really cool so far.

And yes, it has been really hot lately.

User avatar
dudnaito
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby dudnaito » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Damn, still looking for apartments. I dunno why but looking at the Dorcester and the Lofts at the Highlands, just cause they're so dang expensive. I'm just trying to figure out why they're so expensive. I plan to live like a king for the first year, then go homeless the last two years. Good plan?

Any recommendations from locals or those that are already there?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:10 pm

dudnaito wrote:Damn, still looking for apartments. I dunno why but looking at the Dorcester and the Lofts at the Highlands, just cause they're so dang expensive. I'm just trying to figure out why they're so expensive. I plan to live like a king for the first year, then go homeless the last two years. Good plan?

Any recommendations from locals or those that are already there?


the dorchester is a dump. i "dated" a girl that lived there while I was in undergrad. I do not understand why it is so expensive. the place really is a big garbage heap.

DMONEY
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby DMONEY » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm living at West End Apartments... you should take a look they're pretty nice. BTW any University of Illinois grads????? or People from Illinois??

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 pm

DMONEY wrote:I'm living at West End Apartments... you should take a look they're pretty nice. BTW any University of Illinois grads????? or People from Illinois??

you and romo will be good friends!

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby J-tow10 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:28 pm

robin600 wrote:
DMONEY wrote:I'm living at West End Apartments... you should take a look they're pretty nice. BTW any University of Illinois grads????? or People from Illinois??

you and romo will be good friends!


Michigan represent!

DMONEY
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby DMONEY » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 pm

How's the bar scene down there. This is crucial...

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 pm

DMONEY wrote:How's the bar scene down there. This is crucial...


in st. louis? it depends, critically, on what you are comparing it too.

Better than Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Nothing compared to Chicago.

DMONEY
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby DMONEY » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Just lookin for some bars that play rap and hip hop so I can turn my swag on for a minute....1L style

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:43 pm

fl0w wrote:
DMONEY wrote:How's the bar scene down there. This is crucial...


in st. louis? it depends, critically, on what you are comparing it too.

Better than Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Nothing compared to Chicago.


Still plenty awesome enough to have a great time? Absolutely.

Mardi Gras FTW

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:44 pm

DMONEY wrote:Just lookin for some bars that play rap and hip hop so I can turn my swag on for a minute....1L style



This you can find in St. Louis. I know the spots.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:38 pm

St. Louis nightlife is decent enough.

And I'm from Illinois. Where you from?

User avatar
deebs
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby deebs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 pm

From Illinois as well, Geneva.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:16 pm

fl0w wrote:if it aint the Caaaaaaarleton it aint nothin.

WashU Carleton Crew represent!

I probably won't be saying that anymore after my place is trashed from post-CWE after parties, haha!


Better your place than mine!! hahah i mean no one is gonna wanna take the elevator to the 3rd floor when you're so conveniently located!

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Just ordered the tickets for the Cardinals game. Got 25 tickets in the first few rows in outfield loge box section 268, which is down the left field line in the second out of three decks. My original plan was to get bleacher seats together out in the outfield, but someone took them over the weekend. :twisted: Here is the seating map if you want to take a look at where we are sitting:

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

The game is also a half price night, which means the tickets will actually be a little cheaper than the ones in the bleachers, so we got decent seats for a good price. I think we are looking at like $18 per ticket, plus they may have charged me for a service fee. I'd say to plan on $20 a person.

*IMPORTANT*
-I will post an updated list of who is going later tonight. Double check to make sure you're on there.
-If you have NOT told me you are going, send me a PM ASAP. I still have like 5-7 tickets left.
-If you have told me that you ARE going, send me a PM. I will send you my Facebook information. Communication via Facebook will be the best way to go.
-Some people have asked about payment. I decided against doing a Pay Pal transaction and figured it would just be easiest for everyone to bring money to the game.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

vmmf
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby vmmf » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 pm

dudnaito wrote:Damn, still looking for apartments. I dunno why but looking at the Dorcester and the Lofts at the Highlands, just cause they're so dang expensive. I'm just trying to figure out why they're so expensive. I plan to live like a king for the first year, then go homeless the last two years. Good plan?

Any recommendations from locals or those that are already there?



If you are looking at places like Dorchester and the Lofts at the Highlands, you might also want to consider Allegro at the Boulevard. Its technically in Brentwood but it's right next to Richmond Heights metrolink station and university transportation, across from the Galleria, and a 10 min drive to the school.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:34 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
DMONEY wrote:I'm living at West End Apartments... you should take a look they're pretty nice. BTW any University of Illinois grads????? or People from Illinois??

you and romo will be good friends!


Michigan represent!

Woot!!! Although I must say your avatar is disgusting! GO STATE!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Reading the college prowler section on guys & girls at WUSTL is pretty interesting. Yay undergrad chicks!!!

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:40 pm

motedust wrote:Reading the college prowler section on guys & girls at WUSTL is pretty interesting. Yay undergrad chicks!!!


what exactly are you referencing?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 pm

nvm, i found it. so basically that website says wustl girls are some of the least desirable in the country.
Last edited by fl0w on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:43 pm

fl0w wrote:
motedust wrote:Reading the college prowler section on guys & girls at WUSTL is pretty interesting. Yay undergrad chicks!!!


what exactly are you referencing?


collegeprowler.com gives universities rankings on certain things (maybe you already know this) and WUSTL got a C+ for girls and a B+ for guys. Reading the reviews makes it seem like the general consensus is that hot girls are there, albeit few in number.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 pm

motedust wrote:
fl0w wrote:
motedust wrote:Reading the college prowler section on guys & girls at WUSTL is pretty interesting. Yay undergrad chicks!!!


what exactly are you referencing?


collegeprowler.com gives universities rankings on certain things (maybe you already know this) and WUSTL got a C+ for girls and a B+ for guys. Reading the reviews makes it seem like the general consensus is that hot girls are there, albeit few in number.


yeah, but the worst grade given is a C-
That being said, a C+ isn't so great :roll:




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest