WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 am

porkbraiser wrote:Little taste of what we all are getting ourselves into:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIN167lJVdc

Yeah I saw that. They're pretty good. I really loved the ones that BU Law did, they're hilarious.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 am

Last call for the Cardinals game! I'm buying the tickets this weekend. I'll probably buy a few extras in case people change their minds and decide to go, and I may even ask the FB group if anyone wants to go. I know... I know... The TLS WUSTLers are supposed to be the "cool kids clique," but we'll make this exception. :lol:

If anyone else is interested, let me know. Here's the list:

Romo
NU Jet- 2
Strato- 2
Panadera
Ec2xs
Stephanie
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini
Ziggystardust
Jcougar
JC631
Publius
Chareth
La Grind

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:40 am

what are the cardinals?

im kidding although im more of an NBA fan... GO LAKERS!

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:48 am

finalaspects wrote:what are the cardinals?

im kidding although im more of an NBA fan... GO LAKERS Thunder!

deebs

Postby deebs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Just got in off WL earlier this week and figured I'd join in on the fun. Probably going to be heading down to St Louis to look at places and what not soon. Have people been successful in using the roommate finder on the WashU site? Also, is the housing/area information on the site pretty accurate for the most part?

What weekend is the Cards game? If I'm going to be down there, I might as well try to meet some future classmates.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 pm

deebs wrote:Just got in off WL earlier this week and figured I'd join in on the fun. Probably going to be heading down to St Louis to look at places and what not soon. Have people been successful in using the roommate finder on the WashU site? Also, is the housing/area information on the site pretty accurate for the most part?

What weekend is the Cards game? If I'm going to be down there, I might as well try to meet some future classmates.

August 17th... it is a Tuesday.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:59 pm

romothesavior wrote:
deebs wrote:Just got in off WL earlier this week and figured I'd join in on the fun. Probably going to be heading down to St Louis to look at places and what not soon. Have people been successful in using the roommate finder on the WashU site? Also, is the housing/area information on the site pretty accurate for the most part?

hmm i thought it was earlier then that. i can make this game since i should arrive in st. louis on the 16th.... how much is it?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:07 pm

finalaspects wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

hmm i thought it was earlier then that. i can make this game since i should arrive in st. louis on the 16th.... how much is it?

The ticket will be right around 20 bucks. No more than 25.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 pm

romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

The ticket will be right around 20 bucks. No more than 25.

does that include the cost of beer and a hotdog? and parking? :P

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Haha beer and hotdogs are on you. I will probably take the Metrolink to get down there (there are Metrolink stops on Delmar right behind my apartment, as well as stops near Forest Park and CWE). I, for one, will probably go to Laclede's Landing for some adult beverages after the game, and then take the Metro or a cab back, depending on the time.

This is all tentative and we will work out the details later, but this is the general plan as of now.

folgers

Postby folgers » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:22 pm

romothesavior wrote:

I'd like to go too, and it's on my birthday! I was waiting to see if I had family obligations at all that night, but it looks like they should be all done during the day. Sending you a PM now to put me on the list.

deebs

Postby deebs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 pm

@romo: If there's still room, I'm in for the game - will send you a PM

Anyone still looking for a roommate? If so, toss me a PM

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:33 pm

deebs wrote:@romo: If there's still room, I'm in for the game - will send you a PM

is getting your own place by yourself not an option?

deebs

Postby deebs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 pm

finalaspects wrote:
deebs wrote:@romo: If there's still room, I'm in for the game - will send you a PM

is getting your own place by yourself not an option?

No, it totally is. I was just assuming StL was like Chicago where you can get a much nicer, bigger, and cheaper place if you have a roommate so was just going to test the waters before I go down to look for 1BR places.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Haha beer and hotdogs are on you. I will probably take the Metrolink to get down there (there are Metrolink stops on Delmar right behind my apartment, as well as stops near Forest Park and CWE). I, for one, will probably go to Laclede's Landing for some adult beverages after the game, and then take the Metro or a cab back, depending on the time.

This is all tentative and we will work out the details later, but this is the general plan as of now.
Yo, change me to 1 ticket por favor

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:14 pm

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Beginning to doubt your skillz at securing a date?

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:43 pm

porkbraiser wrote:Little taste of what we all are getting ourselves into:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIN167lJVdc

Think this might be my fave "law revue" type vid I've seen yet.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm

the email asking for our final transcripts, if the one already given to LSAC was the final one, do we still need to send them a transcript? this only applies to those who haven't graduated but was applying right?

or does everyone need to re-send the transcript?

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:52 pm

finalaspects wrote:the email asking for our final transcripts, if the one already given to LSAC was the final one, do we still need to send them a transcript? this only applies to those who haven't graduated but was applying right?

This applies to everyone and no, the one sent to LSAC doesn't count, you'll need to request another final transcript to be sent to WashU.

Oban

Postby Oban » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Signed a lease yesterday, fucking hot in St. Louis yesterday, but i guess everywhere else in the country too, for that matter.

Chareth

Postby Chareth » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Congrats! I just got in off the WL one week ago. The area info is pretty accurate (I grew up in StL) although it is limited. There are some really nice places (Maplewood, Brentwood, Dogtown, lofts off of Washington in downtown) that are all within 10 minutes of campus. Also, I have a lot of friends who live in Tower Grove. PM me if you want more specific info.

foxbat

Postby foxbat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Central West End is also a good place, and close. Clayton is close as well but generally more upscale (i.e. more expensive)

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:30 am

publiuspublicola wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Beginning to doubt your skillz at securing a date?
HA :x Skillz are not lacking, as a direct result of
--ImageRemoved--
Although... they would not they be required, as a direct result of
:oops:
I'd prefer meeting people this early in the game, particularly when it's baseball.

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:12 am

Stephanie13 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:the email asking for our final transcripts, if the one already given to LSAC was the final one, do we still need to send them a transcript? this only applies to those who haven't graduated but was applying right?

This applies to everyone and no, the one sent to LSAC doesn't count, you'll need to request another final transcript to be sent to WashU.

Not sure this is correct. I think LSAC transcripts are fine, unless at the time you applied you had yet to graduate. Then you need a final transcript.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:36 am

publiuspublicola wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:

Not sure this is correct. I think LSAC transcripts are fine, unless at the time you applied you had yet to graduate. Then you need a final transcript.

wrong.
No matter what you need to have a transcript sent DIRECTLY from your undergraduate institution.

edit:
i graduated from wustl undergrad 5 yrs ago. I still had to request that they send an official transcript to... get this... themselves. I pictured someone just walking it over from student records to the law school admissions office.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”