WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Mizzou sucks. HTH

<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:
<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.


Amateur hour huh? Whatever floats your boat...

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:35 pm

camstant wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.


Amateur hour huh? Whatever floats your boat...


Just be thankful your lucky stars that your crappy state school is even in a conference still.

And Bilf Self is TTT.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:
camstant wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.


Amateur hour huh? Whatever floats your boat...


Just be thankful your lucky stars that your crappy state school is even in a conference still.

And Bilf Self is TTT.


Everything went according to plan. Avatar just for you.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:50 pm

camstant wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
camstant wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.


Amateur hour huh? Whatever floats your boat...


Just be thankful your lucky stars that your crappy state school is even in a conference still.

And Bilf Self is TTT.


Everything went according to plan. Avatar just for you.


I have a nice Illinois window-cling banner to hang from the apartment window. Hope you don't mind.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:
camstant wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
camstant wrote:
Amateur hour huh? Whatever floats your boat...


Just be thankful your lucky stars that your crappy state school is even in a conference still.

And Bilf Self is TTT.


Everything went according to plan. Avatar just for you.


I have a nice Illinois window-cling banner to hang from the apartment window. Hope you don't mind.


geez... at least I'm not trying to embarrass you

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

You won't have to. I'll embarrass myself.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 pm

romothesavior wrote:You won't have to. I'll embarrass myself.


tru.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:40 pm

So for the health insurance thing do we have to buy the school's if we have our own?

User avatar
MURPH
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:20 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby MURPH » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:53 pm

G'bye all. I notified them I wouldn't be attending this year.

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm

romothesavior wrote:Mizzou sucks. HTH

<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.


Must be difficult for you to witness that.

User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby myq » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:21 pm

MURPH wrote:G'bye all. I notified them I wouldn't be attending this year.


Where are you going?

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:22 pm

robin600 wrote:So for the health insurance thing do we have to buy the school's if we have our own?


Would like to know this as well...What's the cost/quality of the school's insurance plan?

MURPH wrote:G'bye all. I notified them I wouldn't be attending this year.


Nooo!!! Where to Murph?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:09 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Mizzou sucks. HTH

<---- Will be at both the Illinois-Mizzou basketball and football games decked out in orange.


Must be difficult for you to witness that.


You kick our butts in football. We kick your butts in hoops. So it's about even. (Plus we're a basketball school, so it's not a huge deal to me.)

Although last year, I was about as angry as I've ever been after a sporting event. I took off like $60 Illinois track jacket and threw it in the garbage can on my way out of the stadium. Talk about a worthless bunch of idiots who couldn't live up to the hype.

And congrats and good luck to MURPH. Where to?

User avatar
jumpropeck
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby jumpropeck » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 pm

40 days.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:36 pm

jumpropeck wrote:40 days.


I move in one month from now exactly.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:44 pm

romothesavior wrote:
jumpropeck wrote:40 days.


I move in one month from now exactly.


one month and one day exactly for me.

User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby myq » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

motedust wrote:When is the Carleton crew moving in?? I'm thinking August 20th and I chose the third story place over the first floor so I'll have to reserve the elevator to move in. I also gotta figure out buying a car and therefore getting a parking spot (which I am assuming will be at the Bank of America).

p.s. also am very excited to play a little tennis, it's been too long.


I'm moving in the 19th or 20th too. I'll be in 406. Going to be pretty busy with moving in stuff but could definitely make time for a TLS meet-up that weekend.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

28days

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:52 pm

myq wrote:
motedust wrote:When is the Carleton crew moving in?? I'm thinking August 20th and I chose the third story place over the first floor so I'll have to reserve the elevator to move in. I also gotta figure out buying a car and therefore getting a parking spot (which I am assuming will be at the Bank of America).

p.s. also am very excited to play a little tennis, it's been too long.


I'm moving in the 19th or 20th too. I'll be in 406. Going to be pretty busy with moving in stuff but could definitely make time for a TLS meet-up that weekend.


yea post the meet-up in this thread guys

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:00 pm

finalaspects wrote:
myq wrote:
motedust wrote:When is the Carleton crew moving in?? I'm thinking August 20th and I chose the third story place over the first floor so I'll have to reserve the elevator to move in. I also gotta figure out buying a car and therefore getting a parking spot (which I am assuming will be at the Bank of America).

p.s. also am very excited to play a little tennis, it's been too long.


I'm moving in the 19th or 20th too. I'll be in 406. Going to be pretty busy with moving in stuff but could definitely make time for a TLS meet-up that weekend.


yea post the meet-up in this thread guys


i'll be moving into the 1st floor of the Carleton around the 10th-13th. I'm assuming my spot will be at BofA as well.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 pm

The first room I looked at in the Carleton was like, right as you walk in, in the right corner of the lobby area with the door on the back wall (102 maybe). Didn't seem like a prime location so I was glad there was a third floor apt. Gettin pretty fucking crazy stoked to head over there, 5 weeks for me probably the 20th.

In Gunner news I just finished Getting to Maybe after buying it in the WUSTL bookstore when I visited. Intellectually a very interesting
read, of course I am lacking some of the basic knowledge needed to fully grasp the tools/strategies introduced but nonetheless a great primer for 1L courses (I hope?). Will definitely read it again 1/4 or 1/2 way through first semester, tons of shit to pay attention to. I know there is some stiff gunner competition already though...

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:34 pm

motedust wrote:The first room I looked at in the Carleton was like, right as you walk in, in the right corner of the lobby area with the door on the back wall (102 maybe). Didn't seem like a prime location so I was glad there was a third floor apt. Gettin pretty fucking crazy stoked to head over there, 5 weeks for me probably the 20th.

In Gunner news I just finished Getting to Maybe after buying it in the WUSTL bookstore when I visited. Intellectually a very interesting
read, of course I am lacking some of the basic knowledge needed to fully grasp the tools/strategies introduced but nonetheless a great primer for 1L courses (I hope?). Will definitely read it again 1/4 or 1/2 way through first semester, tons of shit to pay attention to. I know there is some stiff gunner competition already though...


yeah i'm in 107 on the left side. aka the pad of awesomeness.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 pm

fl0w wrote:
motedust wrote:The first room I looked at in the Carleton was like, right as you walk in, in the right corner of the lobby area with the door on the back wall (102 maybe). Didn't seem like a prime location so I was glad there was a third floor apt. Gettin pretty fucking crazy stoked to head over there, 5 weeks for me probably the 20th.

In Gunner news I just finished Getting to Maybe after buying it in the WUSTL bookstore when I visited. Intellectually a very interesting
read, of course I am lacking some of the basic knowledge needed to fully grasp the tools/strategies introduced but nonetheless a great primer for 1L courses (I hope?). Will definitely read it again 1/4 or 1/2 way through first semester, tons of shit to pay attention to. I know there is some stiff gunner competition already though...


yeah i'm in 107 on the left side. aka the pad of awesomeness.


damn maybe i should have looked at the carleton. but its far if you don't have a car, and they didn't have furnished rooms...

anyone else living on McPherson?

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:56 pm

finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:
motedust wrote:The first room I looked at in the Carleton was like, right as you walk in, in the right corner of the lobby area with the door on the back wall (102 maybe). Didn't seem like a prime location so I was glad there was a third floor apt. Gettin pretty fucking crazy stoked to head over there, 5 weeks for me probably the 20th.

In Gunner news I just finished Getting to Maybe after buying it in the WUSTL bookstore when I visited. Intellectually a very interesting
read, of course I am lacking some of the basic knowledge needed to fully grasp the tools/strategies introduced but nonetheless a great primer for 1L courses (I hope?). Will definitely read it again 1/4 or 1/2 way through first semester, tons of shit to pay attention to. I know there is some stiff gunner competition already though...


yeah i'm in 107 on the left side. aka the pad of awesomeness.


damn maybe i should have looked at the carleton. but its far if you don't have a car, and they didn't have furnished rooms...

anyone else living on McPherson?


It's a 10 minute straight walk to the CWE metro and the metro takes 6-7 minutes to get to the U City-Big Bend Station right outside of the school. It's probably gonna suck haha.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest