WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
finalaspects

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:37 pm

fl0w wrote:I partially use them BEACAUSE i'm a CS major. I learned how crappy windows environments are. Everything I did in college was on unix based operating systems. I only ever compiled on windows if that's where it had to be presented.

Also using windows for all my media needs related to music, videos and dance would be stupid.

its cause you don't live in the world of IT where Macs are the most stupid machines to support. not to mention most mac users are so much more computer illiterate compared to windows users. (you're an exception im sure) and most people use it because think they look cooler then complain when things don't work on mac and creates so many corruptions.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:47 pm

finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:I partially use them BEACAUSE i'm a CS major. I learned how crappy windows environments are. Everything I did in college was on unix based operating systems. I only ever compiled on windows if that's where it had to be presented.

Also using windows for all my media needs related to music, videos and dance would be stupid.

its cause you don't live in the world of IT where Macs are the most stupid machines to support. not to mention most mac users are so much more computer illiterate compared to windows users. (you're an exception im sure) and most people use it because think they look cooler then complain when things don't work on mac and creates so many corruptions.

I actually do live in the world of IT. I get that they are not fun to support but i think it's more of a commonality of use problem that becomes a "chicken or the egg" sort of thing. That is to say, if more people used them, more people would support them, and more people would learn to support them... and they'd be easier to support. But more people would use them IF they were easier to support. They are rare in IT environments so people don't know how to support them easily... etc.

I don't think more mac USERS are computer illiterate. I think the end user population in general is computer illiterate but the problem is exacerbated when they switch to an unfamiliar operating system. I do agree that far less people know how to support a mac. And I do agree that people switch to macs because of the "cool factor" and end up in over their head.

But whatever. I'm clearly getting OUT of IT so hopefully I won't have to care about this stuff too much anymore. :lol:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:03 pm

These are all funny and I watch them to get stoked for LS. Sorry if some of you have seen some of them, I've posted them elsewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1w_zChk28o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8kIk1A0cA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbThUukchws

Just found the first one and thought it was HILARIOUS.

"I got two choices y'all,
Bay street or legal aid gettin played
And dyin' real poor.
Now I ain't tryin' to a life see a life strapped for cash
So all you public interest suckas can kiss my ass." :lol:

And the third one is me and nyyankees for sure.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 pm

fl0w wrote:I actually do live in the world of IT. I get that they are not fun to support but i think it's more of a commonality of use problem that becomes a "chicken or the egg" sort of thing. That is to say, if more people used them, more people would support them, and more people would learn to support them... and they'd be easier to support. But more people would use them IF they were easier to support. They are rare in IT environments so people don't know how to support them easily... etc.

I don't think more mac USERS are computer illiterate. I think the end user population in general is computer illiterate but the problem is exacerbated when they switch to an unfamiliar operating system. I do agree that far less people know how to support a mac. And I do agree that people switch to macs because of the "cool factor" and end up in over their head.

But whatever. I'm clearly getting OUT of IT so hopefully I won't have to care about this stuff too much anymore. :lol:

haha yea im going to law school to get out of IT as well so im with you!

but its not that i don't want to support macs, its just that they are actually more difficult to support. there's a reason why 95% of all businesses use Windows based operating systems. Even Microsoft office for Mac is made as a second thought and entourage is absolutely horrible especially with Exchange servers. I don't even want to get started with strange storage server errors. I guess i should be mad at the other major companies in the world that support Macs only as a second thought but still.

however macs do make it a lot easier for people that don't know computers. easier to connect a camera, manage music, videos, and etc. its why i always recommend Macs for older people who can't do more then connect the plug and yell why isn't it working. that and for people that like to click on every link thinking that someone from India just died and needs to transfer 15 million dollars to you. (and people its not that Mac's are safer than windows against viruses - its been proven macs have more holes - its just that virus writers would rather target 95% of the computers out there and not the small fraction of linux/unix based systems.

all in all im so damn glad i get to leave IT!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:50 pm

finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:I actually do live in the world of IT. I get that they are not fun to support but i think it's more of a commonality of use problem that becomes a "chicken or the egg" sort of thing. That is to say, if more people used them, more people would support them, and more people would learn to support them... and they'd be easier to support. But more people would use them IF they were easier to support. They are rare in IT environments so people don't know how to support them easily... etc.

but its not that i don't want to support macs, its just that they are actually more difficult to support. there's a reason why 95% of all businesses use Windows based operating systems. Even Microsoft office for Mac is made as a second thought and entourage is absolutely horrible especially with Exchange servers. I don't even want to get started with strange storage server errors. I guess i should be mad at the other major companies in the world that support Macs only as a second thought but still.

however macs do make it a lot easier for people that don't know computers. easier to connect a camera, manage music, videos, and etc. its why i always recommend Macs for older people who can't do more then connect the plug and yell why isn't it working. that and for people that like to click on every link thinking that someone from India just died and needs to transfer 15 million dollars to you. (and people its not that Mac's are safer than windows against viruses - its been proven macs have more holes - its just that virus writers would rather target 95% of the computers out there and not the small fraction of linux/unix based systems.

word. we might make good friends.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 pm

*crickets in wake of IT debate*

So... anybody catch any good movies lately? :lol:

At least I'll know who to go to when my computer is having issues.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 pm

And to answer my own question, Toy Story 3 was awesome, for those who haven't seen it yet. I feel like my childhood came full circle at the end of that movie. Andy is off to college, so I'm officially an adult now.

camstant

Postby camstant » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 pm

romothesavior wrote:And to answer my own question, Toy Story 3 was awesome, for those who haven't seen it yet. I feel like my childhood came full circle at the end of that movie. Andy is off to college, so I'm officially an adult now.

Honestly one of the best movies ive seen in a while. I thought it was the best of the three for sure.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 pm

camstant wrote:
romothesavior wrote:And to answer my own question, Toy Story 3 was awesome, for those who haven't seen it yet. I feel like my childhood came full circle at the end of that movie. Andy is off to college, so I'm officially an adult now.

Honestly one of the best movies ive seen in a while. I thought it was the best of the three for sure.

+1. Even better than the first. Glad to hear you have good taste.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 pm

romothesavior wrote:*crickets in wake of IT debate*

So... anybody catch any good movies lately? :lol:

At least I'll know who to go to when my computer is having issues.

A-team was awesome! Alpha Mike Foxtrot (adios mother fucker!)!! Also, epic braveheart reference and for all the girls out there, bradley cooper is to die for (liam neeson isn't bad to look at either but he's a little old). Highly recommended!

llfurby

Postby llfurby » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 am

http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/coursedi ... yGroup.pdf

You can see the class times for the different sections. Looks like groups B and D get Friday off.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:42 pm

llfurby wrote:http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/coursedir/2010-2011/FL101LCoursesByGroup.pdf

You can see the class times for the different sections. Looks like groups B and D get Friday off.

Not a bad schedule, though not excited for contracts property and torts all in one semester :( Next semester looks amazing though!

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:56 pm

robin600 wrote:
llfurby wrote:http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/coursedir/2010-2011/FL101LCoursesByGroup.pdf

Not a bad schedule, though not excited for contracts property and torts all in one semester :( Next semester looks amazing though!

My experience says the Spring schedule of Con. Law, Crim. Law, and Civ. Pro. trifecta is worse.

motedust

Postby motedust » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Looks like I'll be living in CWE starting August 20th!!!!! Finally found an apartment and locked it down. Hell yes.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Only B gets Friday off...Everybody in Group D has LP/LRM on Fridays...

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 pm

motedust wrote:Looks like I'll be living in CWE starting August 20th!!!!! Finally found an apartment and locked it down. Hell yes.

Congrats!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:31 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:

whats up with your new icon jet?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm

fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

word. we might make good friends.

indeed. don't buy one note if you haven't yet. find me first

La Grind Date

Postby La Grind Date » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

motedust wrote:Looks like I'll be living in CWE starting August 20th!!!!! Finally found an apartment and locked it down. Hell yes.

Nice. I'll be living in Forest Park Southeast AKA the grove. Holla at me, if you're in the same neighborhood.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

lol...decided that I just couldn't resist Candy's advances

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:30 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

lulz

Fortunately, I stopped receiving those e-mails a month or two ago.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:31 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

lulz

Fortunately, I stopped receiving those e-mails a month or two ago.[/quote]

Bad move dude. You missed out on her raunchy pics she started sending about 2 weeks ago.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:45 pm

rhit2004 wrote:
robin600 wrote:

My experience says the Spring schedule of Con. Law, Crim. Law, and Civ. Pro. trifecta is worse.

I was a CJ major in UG, I live for con and crim law!

motedust

Postby motedust » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:11 pm

La Grind Date wrote:

Nice. I'll be living in Forest Park Southeast AKA the grove. Holla at me, if you're in the same neighborhood.

I'm at the corner of Euclid and Lindell. I'm not really sure where the grove is but I'm like 6 blocks north of the CWE Metro.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:25 pm

motedust wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:

I'm at the corner of Euclid and Lindell. I'm not really sure where the grove is but I'm like 6 blocks north of the CWE Metro.

I'm at that same corner in the Carleton.

If you live in The Grove I will never be in your hood :lol:

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”