WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby myq » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm

I got my SISID, then I reset my password, and then I was able to access my @wustl.edu e-mail.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:12 pm

fl0w wrote:I think you can sign up for an @wustl, but not an @wulaw.wustl

How?
JCougar wrote:I seem to have a WUSTL e-mail address already, but I can't log in to access it yet.

How can you tell?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 pm

myq wrote:I got my SISID, then I reset my password, and then I was able to access my @wustl.edu e-mail.


I got both as well, but I can't log in to the WUSTL web mail. What web mail link did you use? I tried the law school webmail one, but I don't think I have a law school account yet.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:16 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
fl0w wrote:I think you can sign up for an @wustl, but not an @wulaw.wustl

How?
JCougar wrote:I seem to have a WUSTL e-mail address already, but I can't log in to access it yet.

How can you tell?


They sent the WebSTAC billing e-mail to both my WUSTL account and my gmail account. The one sent to my WUSTL account was automatically set up to forward to my gmail account, though, so I got two e-mails. Also, when I log into WebSTAC, it lists my e-mail address.

User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby myq » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:17 pm

The @wustl.edu e-mail address is just a forwarding address. I don't think we can send mail from it. But you can go to Modify my e-mail address in WebSTAC and change it if you want.

User avatar
altoidz
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby altoidz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 pm

everyday im wustlingggg

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 pm

altoidz wrote:everyday im wustlingggg
People pop in here frequently for this. I still laugh every time.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 pm

myq wrote:The @wustl.edu e-mail address is just a forwarding address. I don't think we can send mail from it. But you can go to Modify my e-mail address in WebSTAC and change it if you want.


Yeah...I already did that as well. I guess I was wondering if I could log in and send mail. Apparently not yet.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:25 pm

JCougar wrote:
myq wrote:The @wustl.edu e-mail address is just a forwarding address. I don't think we can send mail from it. But you can go to Modify my e-mail address in WebSTAC and change it if you want.


Yeah...I already did that as well. I guess I was wondering if I could log in and send mail. Apparently not yet.


it seems like we can't actually log into these accounts. im sure we'll be able to do so with our @law.wustl.edu address when we get that.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Oh lolz. I just called admissions and our log in information for the WUSTL key is being sent out today. :)

Romo- regarding schedules and such, mid-July.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:32 pm

robin600 wrote:Oh lolz. I just called admissions and our log in information for the WUSTL key is being sent out today. :)

Romo- regarding schedules and such, mid-July.


hilarious how we all found our way around it already. don't they know we're smart?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:23 pm

JCougar wrote:
myq wrote:The @wustl.edu e-mail address is just a forwarding address. I don't think we can send mail from it. But you can go to Modify my e-mail address in WebSTAC and change it if you want.


Yeah...I already did that as well. I guess I was wondering if I could log in and send mail. Apparently not yet.


If you use gmail you can configure it so you can send from your @wustl.edu address. Go to settings and check it out.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
robin600 wrote:Oh lolz. I just called admissions and our log in information for the WUSTL key is being sent out today. :)

Romo- regarding schedules and such, mid-July.


hilarious how we all found our way around it already. don't they know we're smart?


I find that VERY funny :lol:

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Just added WUSTL as my primary network on facebook. It's official now.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm

yeah they just sent an email with ALL the information we have been discussing on the past couple of pages.

haha!

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

haha yeah, none of the info they gave me even worked now that i changed everything

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

fl0w wrote:yeah they just sent an email with ALL the information we have been discussing on the past couple of pages.

haha!


finished setting up direct deposit. i don't think i'll send them a picture though, i'll just take one during orientation.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:yeah they just sent an email with ALL the information we have been discussing on the past couple of pages.

haha!


finished setting up direct deposit. i don't think i'll send them a picture though, i'll just take one during orientation.


I was thinking about sending in a funny picture of myself just to see if they'll put it on my ID. Not like my ID photo matters much anyway.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 pm

fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:yeah they just sent an email with ALL the information we have been discussing on the past couple of pages.

haha!


finished setting up direct deposit. i don't think i'll send them a picture though, i'll just take one during orientation.


I was thinking about sending in a funny picture of myself just to see if they'll put it on my ID. Not like my ID photo matters much anyway.


haha you should have sent one with an opposite sex, and different race. or send a photo of george bush or something and see if they put in on there.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby motedust » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:42 pm

How are you guys furnishing your places? The only places I can find in CWE are unfurnished and expensive for the area (i think?).

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 pm

motedust wrote:How are you guys furnishing your places? The only places I can find in CWE are unfurnished and expensive for the area (i think?).


I'm furnishing my place with the furniture that I currently own.

Probably not the answer you were looking for.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:52 pm

finalaspects wrote:haha you should have sent one with an opposite sex, and different race. or send a photo of george bush or something and see if they put in on there.


2 awesome ideas.

I debated sending one where my face is completely covered by ridiculous face paint from a school spirit thing in undergrad(actually had it attached to the email ready to click send), but decided that since I did not know who would be opening the e-mail (and their sense of humor) that it probably wasn't a good idea.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:52 pm

motedust wrote:Just added WUSTL as my primary network on facebook. It's official now.


+1

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:haha you should have sent one with an opposite sex, and different race. or send a photo of george bush or something and see if they put in on there.


2 awesome ideas.

I debated sending one where my face is completely covered by ridiculous face paint from a school spirit thing in undergrad(actually had it attached to the email ready to click send), but decided that since I did not know who would be opening the e-mail (and their sense of humor) that it probably wasn't a good idea.


i have a pic kinda like that where my face is painted up and i'm in a black hoodie (for one of my hip hop dance performances). I was really tempted to send that.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm

motedust wrote:How are you guys furnishing your places? The only places I can find in CWE are unfurnished and expensive for the area (i think?).


i found a furnished apt. (furniture is all new too) so i got a great deal/place.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest