WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 am

i was able to get my username emailed to me, but getting a new password emailed to me (since i don't know my current one) takes up to 24 hours.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am

najumobi wrote:i was able to get my username emailed to me, but getting a new password emailed to me (since i don't know my current one) takes up to 24 hours.


did you attend wustl for undergrad? how did you get a username?

User avatar
rhit2004
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby rhit2004 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am

finalaspects wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:
jumpropeck wrote:Does anyone know how many students are in each section?

My 1L class had 264 members in the fall (class of 2011). This population was divided into 6 sections (letters A-F) and each section was divided into 2 smaller sub-sections (numbers 1-12).

My torts and property classes each consisted of two sections thus having approximately 88 students in each.
My contracts class consisted of only my section thus having approximately 44 students
My legal research methodologies and legal practice classes consisted solely of my sub-section thus having approximately 22 students each.

Assuming your class is about the same size those same numbers should hold true.


does it go by last names on which section you get? or is it completely random?

I don't think it is random but it is definitely not simply by last name. I was convinced my section was more heavily weighted with the people with science/engineering backgrounds but that could just be a misconception on my part.

Edit: Don't worry about the AC and heat/humidity situation too much. Yes it is bad for the first few weeks but it honestly settles down quickly in September and then gets cold very fast. Heat and non-leaky windows should be your bigger concerns :) Remember you are visiting mid-summer when the heat and humidity are near the worst and you will spend most of your time in Fall/Winter/Spring while in St. Louis.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 am

can't remember if someone asked this already (or if it was answered), but is there something that lists the Orientation week's schedule of events?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:00 am

finalaspects wrote:
najumobi wrote:i was able to get my username emailed to me, but getting a new password emailed to me (since i don't know my current one) takes up to 24 hours.


did you attend wustl for undergrad? how did you get a username?
i didn't go to wustl for undergrad....the login-id you use the first time you log in is just a 6-digit number. i just clicked on "forgot" id and they emailed it to me. they do the same thing for password if you click on "forgot password" except it isn't instant. it tells you it ca take up to 24 hours. i got it after 2 hours or so. once you login for the first time you are allowed to choose a more personalized login-id and password.

i'm wondering if what we've been billed already is all that we're going to be billed. i know i still need to pay 400-500 for a parking permit for the year.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am

najumobi wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
najumobi wrote:i was able to get my username emailed to me, but getting a new password emailed to me (since i don't know my current one) takes up to 24 hours.


did you attend wustl for undergrad? how did you get a username?
i didn't go to wustl for undergrad....the login-id you use the first time you log in is just a 6-digit number. i just clicked on "forgot" id and they emailed it to me. they do the same thing for password if you click on "forgot password" except it isn't instant. it tells you it ca take up to 24 hours. i got it after 2 hours or so. once you login for the first time you are allowed to choose a more personalized login-id and password.

i'm wondering if what we've been billed already is all that we're going to be billed. i know i still need to pay 400-500 for a parking permit for the year.


I did the same thing with my username/pw. I think parking permit is a separate fee since I don't think you're required to get one or anything.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby camstant » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:20 am

fl0w wrote:can't remember if someone asked this already (or if it was answered), but is there something that lists the Orientation week's schedule of events?


None that I've seen, unless there's one floating around from last year. I would assume we get all of that information when they send out our section assignments and schedules.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 am

najumobi wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
najumobi wrote:i was able to get my username emailed to me, but getting a new password emailed to me (since i don't know my current one) takes up to 24 hours.


did you attend wustl for undergrad? how did you get a username?
i didn't go to wustl for undergrad....the login-id you use the first time you log in is just a 6-digit number. i just clicked on "forgot" id and they emailed it to me. they do the same thing for password if you click on "forgot password" except it isn't instant. it tells you it ca take up to 24 hours. i got it after 2 hours or so. once you login for the first time you are allowed to choose a more personalized login-id and password.

i'm wondering if what we've been billed already is all that we're going to be billed. i know i still need to pay 400-500 for a parking permit for the year.


Note: I feel comfortable sharing all of this information because I've told people what my scholarship amount is, and all other numbers will be the same for all students.

The answer to this is no, it is not everything that will be on your bill. They add things to it as needed. All that's on there now is the following:
FL2010 Graduate Law Advance Deposit 600.00 CR
FL2010 Student Bar Association Fee 30.00
FL2010 Law Orientation Fee 65.00
FL2010 Student Health Fee 287.50
FL2010 Tuition 21,710.00
Balance Due $21,492.50


So items like parking passes would be added to this bill. If you are staying in university owned housing, that might be added to this bill too. Anything you purchase in terms of a meal plan would be added to this bill. Now that's the actual BILL.

If you go to "Account Inquiry" in webstac, it will show the application of scholarships

Activity for FL2010
FL2010 2011 LW ADLW Graduate Law Advance Deposit (200.00) 6/29/2010 6/29/2010 6/30/2010
FL2010 2011 LW ADLW Graduate Law Advance Deposit (400.00) 6/29/2010 6/29/2010 6/30/2010
Graduate Law Advance Deposit (600.00)
FL2010 2011 LW ORNT Law Orientation Fee 65.00 6/29/2010 6/29/2010 6/30/2010
Law Orientation Fee 65.00
FL2010 2011 LW LSBA Student Bar Association Fee 30.00 6/29/2010 6/29/2010 6/30/2010
Student Bar Association Fee 30.00
FL2010 2011 LW SHF Student Health Fee 287.50 6/29/2010 6/29/2010 6/30/2010
Student Health Fee 287.50
FL2010 2011 LW TUIT Tuition 21710.00 6/29/2010 6/29/2010 6/30/2010
Tuition 21710.00
FL2010 2011 LW REM WU Scholarships and Grants (19000.00) 7/1/2010 7/1/2010 1/1/1901
WU Scholarships and Grants (19000.00)

FL2010 Semester Total 2492.50


So what this means is that I owe 2492.50 at the beginning of the semester. If I add a parking pass to that, then that will go onto the bill. If I add a meal plan to that, that will go onto the bill. Basically what is going to happen is when my loans come through, they will be used to pay the balance of my WUSTL bill, then the remainder will be issued to me as a refund. So in my scenario, I never actually have to cut the university a check so long as everything is going on my bill here (which everything that I can think of IS going on this bill). This will be different for people if their loan amount, for some reason, does not cover the entirety of their WUSTL bill. In that case you would have to cut the university a check.

I hope that helps clear things up for people.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:25 am

I got two billing e-mails: one to my personal e-mail account, and one to my new WUSTL e-mail account that was forwarded back to my personal e-mail account. Is there a formula for your WUSTL e-mail password? I might try to log in.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:26 am

JCougar wrote:I got two billing e-mails: one to my personal e-mail account, and one to my new WUSTL e-mail account that was forwarded back to my personal e-mail account. Is there a formula for your WUSTL e-mail password? I might try to log in.


follow najumobi's instructions above for resetting your password. That's the same process I went through to get access to webstac.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am

fl0w wrote:So what this means is that I owe 2492.50 at the beginning of the semester.


God I hate you. :wink: :D

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:33 am

JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:So what this means is that I owe 2492.50 at the beginning of the semester.


God I hate you. :wink: :D


+1

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 am

JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:So what this means is that I owe 2492.50 at the beginning of the semester.


God I hate you. :wink: :D


i iz srry! :shock:
Just hoping the complete example and breakdown would help answer questions :oops:

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:35 am

camstant wrote:
fl0w wrote:can't remember if someone asked this already (or if it was answered), but is there something that lists the Orientation week's schedule of events?


None that I've seen, unless there's one floating around from last year. I would assume we get all of that information when they send out our section assignments and schedules.


I emailed last week re: orientation schedule and have heard nothing.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am

fl0w wrote:
JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:So what this means is that I owe 2492.50 at the beginning of the semester.


God I hate you. :wink: :D


i iz srry! :shock:
Just hoping the complete example and breakdown would help answer questions :oops:


I know...it's fine. I was just trying to be funny.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:
JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:So what this means is that I owe 2492.50 at the beginning of the semester.


God I hate you. :wink: :D


i iz srry! :shock:
Just hoping the complete example and breakdown would help answer questions :oops:


I know...it's fine. I was just trying to be funny.


+1

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 am

I was mailed two IDs... a "HRID" and a "SISID". Anyone know the difference b/t the two?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 am

JCougar wrote:I was mailed two IDs... a "HRID" and a "SISID". Anyone know the difference b/t the two?


use SISID. It is the equiv of your "student ID". When they emailed it to me my SISID was the same as the one I had for undergrad.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 am

Alright, my password should be on my way.

I want to try to log into my e-mail account, but I don't see a place on the e-mail login page where it says "forgot password."

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 am

JCougar wrote:Alright, my password should be on my way.

I want to try to log into my e-mail account, but I don't see a place on the e-mail login page where it says "forgot password."


you create the email account after you receive your password. apparently not from the law.wustl.edu domain yet... that'll probably come later.
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 am

JCougar wrote:Alright, my password should be on my way.

I want to try to log into my e-mail account, but I don't see a place on the e-mail login page where it says "forgot password."


This is the page for law school webmail
https://webmail.law.wustl.edu/exchweb/b ... e&reason=0

I don't know how to log in to that page though. I assume those instructions would come later.
Note that there is an @wustl.edu domain and an @wulaw.wustl.edu domain. I assume the latter is what you need for the outlook web access link that I posted above.

Currently all that I have, to my knowledge, is an @wustl.edu address from when I was in undergrad. It has been forwarding to my @gmail address for the past.... 7 years?

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 pm

romothesavior wrote:
camstant wrote:
fl0w wrote:can't remember if someone asked this already (or if it was answered), but is there something that lists the Orientation week's schedule of events?


None that I've seen, unless there's one floating around from last year. I would assume we get all of that information when they send out our section assignments and schedules.


I emailed last week re: orientation schedule and have heard nothing.


Who wants to call this time? (I called yesterday :D )

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:03 pm

A couple things to clarify...

1. We still don't have a WUSTL email address, correct?
2. We don't have to worry about the bill until we get our loan $ refund on the first day of classes, correct?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:05 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:A couple things to clarify...

1. We still don't have a WUSTL email address, correct?
2. We don't have to worry about the bill until we get our loan $ refund on the first day of classes, correct?


1. correct (i only have an @wustl because i went there for undergrad). I think you can sign up for an @wustl, but not an @wulaw.wustl
2. correct. the bill is due at the start of the semester which is when loans are disbursed.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:A couple things to clarify...

1. We still don't have a WUSTL email address, correct?
2. We don't have to worry about the bill until we get our loan $ refund on the first day of classes, correct?


I seem to have a WUSTL e-mail address already, but I can't log in to access it yet.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest