WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
fl0w

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 pm

i actually already have an @wustl.edu email address from undergrad.
This "wustl key" stuff is new though. Trying to see if I can get one created.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:49 pm

romothesavior wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:So sorry for all you smokers but...

Washington University campuses are tobacco-free beginning July 1

but at least the university offers a program to help you quit if you want that!

At least you can smoke in bars in STL though.

Who was responsible for this policy change?

you know i was actually worried about this. (i smoke cigs) so i looked up the penalty and apparently its a voluntary policy with no repercussions.... i wonder if this will actually stop people

Good. I smoke on occasion (usually cigars, but a cig once in a while) and I figured I'd probably need an ocassional smoke break between classes. This is really a stupid policy, whether you smoke or not.

With how small the campus is, can't you just cross the street and come right back lol.

jumpropeck

Postby jumpropeck » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Does anyone know how many students are in each section?

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:05 pm

jumpropeck wrote:Does anyone know how many students are in each section?

My 1L class had 264 members in the fall (class of 2011). This population was divided into 6 sections (letters A-F) and each section was divided into 2 smaller sub-sections (numbers 1-12).

My torts and property classes each consisted of two sections thus having approximately 88 students in each.
My contracts class consisted of only my section thus having approximately 44 students
My legal research methodologies and legal practice classes consisted solely of my sub-section thus having approximately 22 students each.

Assuming your class is about the same size those same numbers should hold true.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Went to St. Louis over the weekend to view apartments. Saw 13 in total and dealt with 4 agencies, but the lease I'm signing is from quadrangle. Got a great place about 6 blocks from campus and although it's a little expensive I liked the neighborhood and the apartment itself. This was my first time in the midwest heat and I have to say that it is absolutely miserable. It's going to be a difficult adjustment for me.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:47 pm

rhit2004 wrote:

My 1L class had 264 members in the fall (class of 2011). This population was divided into 6 sections (letters A-F) and each section was divided into 2 smaller sub-sections (numbers 1-12).

My torts and property classes each consisted of two sections thus having approximately 88 students in each.
My contracts class consisted of only my section thus having approximately 44 students
My legal research methodologies and legal practice classes consisted solely of my sub-section thus having approximately 22 students each.

does it go by last names on which section you get? or is it completely random?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 pm

mazzini wrote:Went to St. Louis over the weekend to view apartments. Saw 13 in total and dealt with 4 agencies, but the lease I'm signing is from quadrangle. Got a great place about 6 blocks from campus and although it's a little expensive I liked the neighborhood and the apartment itself. This was my first time in the midwest heat and I have to say that it is absolutely miserable. It's going to be a difficult adjustment for me.

was it bad? im from los angeles so im betting the weather transition will be very difficult for me as well. a fan is the first thing im buying when i move there.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:54 pm

finalaspects wrote:
mazzini wrote:Went to St. Louis over the weekend to view apartments. Saw 13 in total and dealt with 4 agencies, but the lease I'm signing is from quadrangle. Got a great place about 6 blocks from campus and although it's a little expensive I liked the neighborhood and the apartment itself. This was my first time in the midwest heat and I have to say that it is absolutely miserable. It's going to be a difficult adjustment for me.

was it bad? im from los angeles so im betting the weather transition will be very difficult for me as well. a fan is the first thing im buying when i move there.

wrong answer. make sure your place has central air. you'll be miserable if all you have is a fan.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:55 pm

finalaspects wrote:

I'm from Colorado and am accustomed to a dry heat and thin air. It was humid as hell and yeah it's going to take some getting use to. After stepping outside the airport I told every leasing agent to check every apartment without AC off their list because I would not consider it.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 pm

fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

wrong answer. make sure your place has central air. you'll be miserable if all you have is a fan.

im talking about those electronic fans where you put ice in it and it actually works like central air. i don't think my apt has central air though. probably those window fans? man... i guess i'll just live on campus until the evening where it cools down.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 pm

romothesavior wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Finally signed a lease today! Officially living in Loop Lofts. Anyone else going to be there this year?

Hey congrats man. How'd you like the city? What all did you do while you were there?

Thanks. It feels good to finally have a place squared away. I really enjoyed the city while I was there. STL will definitely be a change for me since it will be the biggest city I have lived in thus far. I was only there for 3 days so I didn't make it to everything. However, we did visit the school, ate at The Hill, and toured the A-B factory. Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to get furniture for this apartment...

Oh, and for those still looking for an apartment, I would say CWE/U-City/Loop/Clayton >>>>>>>>>>> The Grove

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:55 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Just called-"that will probably be the um...the middle of July"

So first week of August. Got it. :D

But I'll cut them some slack... their admissions people have been very friendly and forthcoming throughout this whole process.

LOL@first week of August, but yeah I can't complain about the admissions staff

kind of hectic for those who are moving and needs to receive these papers no? i hope they get it done before august since no one might be checking mail after moving out.

you would think all schools will start emailing everything. saves costs, faster, and it makes sure that everyone gets it without losing it.
Well, considering that their email system completely neglected to tell me that, y'know, I got accepted, I'm glad they're sticking to a hybrid system :lol:

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:06 pm

stratocophic wrote:Well, considering that their email system completely neglected to tell me that, y'know, I got accepted, I'm glad they're sticking to a hybrid system :lol:

are you attending wustl? with your LSAT you could have gotten into Northwestern ED pretty easily...

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 pm

finalaspects wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Well, considering that their email system completely neglected to tell me that, y'know, I got accepted, I'm glad they're sticking to a hybrid system :lol:

are you attending wustl? with your LSAT you could have gotten into Northwestern ED pretty easily...
Meh, and with my WE (or lack thereof) I'd probably have gotten the deferred acceptance deal and needed to find a job for a year or two. Granted, it doesn't really sound that bad, but I'd rather get in and get out as I want nothing more to do with engineering unless it's reading someone's patent application. Had a strange cycle. Didn't want to commit 100% to paying sticker anywhere and I got shut out of the T14 because I didn't ED, but I don't really mind it. I'm excited about WashU and the only school that I'm truly regretful about is maybe Duke because I would've liked to do their 3 year + 1 summer Engineering Management dual degree, but they scorn splitters anyway :cry:

Edited for OCD :oops:
Last edited by stratocophic on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm

stratocophic wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Meh, and with my WE (or lack thereof) I'd probably have gotten the deferred acceptance deal and needed to find a job for a year or two. Granted, it doesn't really sound that bad, but I'd rather get in and get out as I want nothing more to do with engineering unless it's reading someone's patent application. Had a strange cycle. Didn't want to commit 100% to paying sticker anywhere and I got shut out of the T14 because I didn't ED, but I don't really mind it. I'm excited about WashU and the only school that I'm truly regretful about is maybe Duke because I would've like to do their Engineering Management dual degree, but they scorn splitters anyway :cry:

Northwestern isn't the best choice for some people anyway. I got in and visited and didn't like it at all. WUSTL is the place to be!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Northwestern sucks. They have never made the NCAA tournament since it expanded to 64 teams. I mean, making the tournament is easy. All you gotta do is finish in like 5th in the Big Ten and you're in!

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:Northwestern sucks. They have never made the NCAA tournament since it expanded to 64 teams. I mean, making the tournament is easy. All you gotta do is finish in like 5th in the Big Ten and you're in!
Seriously. I'm spoiled from watching good Vandy teams choke at sports for 4 years. I don't know if I could go to a school where the teams are just straight-up bad. WUSTL = '08 and '09 DIII basketball champs, baby! :mrgreen:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 pm

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Northwestern sucks. They have never made the NCAA tournament since it expanded to 64 teams. I mean, making the tournament is easy. All you gotta do is finish in like 5th in the Big Ten and you're in!
Seriously. I'm spoiled from watching good Vandy teams choke at sports for 4 years. I don't know if I could go to a school where the teams are just straight-up bad. '08 and '09 DIII champs, baby! :mrgreen:

I do love Kevin Stallings though. I got his autograph and met him when I was like 7.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:39 pm

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Seriously. I'm spoiled from watching good Vandy teams choke at sports for 4 years. I don't know if I could go to a school where the teams are just straight-up bad. '08 and '09 DIII champs, baby! :mrgreen:

I do love Kevin Stallings though. I got his autograph and met him when I was like 7.
I do as well. Him throwing the ball at Joakim Noah before an inbounds in a game against them during their '06 title season cemented him as a favorite for me. I don't blame the choking on him. Just AJ I'm-a-chubby-Australian-pansy-who-can't-score-in-crunch-time-and-every-3rd-game-besides Ogilvy and every QB since Cutler. And I guess the pitching staff too, I dunno.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 am

stratocophic wrote:
Seriously. I'm spoiled from watching good Vandy teams choke at sports for 4 years. I don't know if I could go to a school where the teams are just straight-up bad. WUSTL = '08 and '09 DIII basketball champs, baby! :mrgreen:

Vandy has an awesome women's basketball team! They usually do some major damage every year in the tournament. They kicked our butts twice.

Just got a bill from WashU but I need to have my WashU key to sign in to see it. Note to WashU - First send log in credentials, then bill. Anybody else get this?

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 am

robin600 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

Vandy has an awesome women's basketball team! They usually do some major damage every year in the tournament. They kicked our butts twice.

Just got a bill from WashU but I need to have my WashU key to sign in to see it. Note to WashU - First send log in credentials, then bill. Anybody else get this?

I got it...

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:33 am

finalaspects wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:

does it go by last names on which section you get? or is it completely random?

Complete random.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 am

finalaspects wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Anybody know when they're going to release the class schedules/section assignments?

Last year the class schedules/section assignments were available in WebSTAC (online resource for class schedules, billing, etc) on August 4th.

wustl.edu e-mail addresses were released on July 20th last year and July 21st two years ago.

Note: This information was obtained by reviewing facebook walls and TLS threads for WUSTL Classes of 2012 and 2011.

wow nice info. what's the url for webstac and when do we get the login credentials?

edit: https://acadinfo.wustl.edu/WebSTAC.asp

recovered my login information for webstac. our first bill is already in there. that's about it. All my grades from undergrad are still there. and my old undergrad tuition bills. ahh...memories....

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:27 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:
robin600 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

I got it...

same... got it but can't log in... what a tease...

flow: did they apply scholarships/finaid to the bill yet? or only the bill?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 am

finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
robin600 wrote:

I got it...

same... got it but can't log in... what a tease...

flow: did they apply scholarships/finaid to the bill yet? or only the bill?

The bill is for 1 semester of tuition and fees. Nothing applied to it at this point, just the full bill

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”