WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:04 pm

I feel like I've ruined everyone's innocence.

Maybe i'm just giving people ideas of how to party more than anything else!

Let's freakin' loose it!!! Get outta your mind!!!!

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby stratocophic » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:10 pm

fl0w wrote:I feel like I've ruined everyone's innocence.

Maybe i'm just giving people ideas of how to party more than anything else!

Let's freakin' loose it!!! Get outta your mind!!!!

Ruin mine too! My previous PM request was semi-hidden :oops:

mbaino
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:22 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby mbaino » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:05 pm

fl0w wrote:I feel like I've ruined everyone's innocence.

Maybe i'm just giving people ideas of how to party more than anything else!

Let's freakin' loose it!!! Get outta your mind!!!!


I need to know what this is all about. PM please!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: PM
I'm just hoping those people are in the minority!!! Don't they realize they have an ethics examination to go through?

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby stratocophic » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: PM

Story #1: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Story #2: BAHAHAHAHAHA

That is all.

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby J-tow10 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:11 pm

Driving down to St. Louis tomorrow for my first time! I'm pretty stoked to FINALLY visit A-B Hall and to find an apartment.

Also, pics to follow if people are interested (though I'm sure most people here have already seen the city and school).

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Just signed a lease for a place at a great spot in Clayton. Right by Concordia Seminary, Schnucks like a block away, and A-B Hall about a 5 min or less bike ride! 2 BR / 1 BA, hard wood floors, dishwasher, w/d hookups, covered parking -- $795.

User avatar
dudnaito
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby dudnaito » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:02 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:Just signed a lease for a place at a great spot in Clayton. Right by Concordia Seminary, Schnucks like a block away, and A-B Hall about a 5 min or less bike ride! 2 BR / 1 BA, hard wood floors, dishwasher, w/d hookups, covered parking -- $795.


can you send me a link to the place. Looking for a place close to campus. Am willing to shell out up to 900 bucks/month for a nice place.

my real question: Trying to get access to Upass, but no id and password. I just got accepted a couple of days ago, so a bit clueless. The only id and password i got was to access my ASSB

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 am

dudnaito wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:Just signed a lease for a place at a great spot in Clayton. Right by Concordia Seminary, Schnucks like a block away, and A-B Hall about a 5 min or less bike ride! 2 BR / 1 BA, hard wood floors, dishwasher, w/d hookups, covered parking -- $795.


can you send me a link to the place. Looking for a place close to campus. Am willing to shell out up to 900 bucks/month for a nice place.

my real question: Trying to get access to Upass, but no id and password. I just got accepted a couple of days ago, so a bit clueless. The only id and password i got was to access my ASSB

I don't think anyone has their ID or password yet. At the housing day on June 17th they said that they are trying to get that out to us by mid-July if possible.

User avatar
b0dylanguage
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby b0dylanguage » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:36 am

Just adding more fuel to the excitement fire, but anyone else see the "36 Hours in St. Louis" article in the Times this weekend?

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/tr ... s.html?hpw

Really looking forward to exploring the city myself come August.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:06 pm

b0dylanguage wrote:Just adding more fuel to the excitement fire, but anyone else see the "36 Hours in St. Louis" article in the Times this weekend?

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/tr ... s.html?hpw

Really looking forward to exploring the city myself come August.


Cool article. I hear Soulard is an especially fun place to be. I plan to check it out when I'm down there.

Apparently the authory isn't a sports jock or a bro... Who would visit STL and NOT check out AB or a Cards game? Or the zoo, for that matter?

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 pm

romothesavior wrote:
b0dylanguage wrote:Just adding more fuel to the excitement fire, but anyone else see the "36 Hours in St. Louis" article in the Times this weekend?

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/tr ... s.html?hpw

Really looking forward to exploring the city myself come August.


Cool article. I hear Soulard is an especially fun place to be. I plan to check it out when I'm down there.

Apparently the authory isn't a sports jock or a bro... Who would visit STL and NOT check out AB or a Cards game? Or the zoo, for that matter?


Soulard isn't crazy busy like the loop or CWE. It's more subdued with corner restaurants/bars scattered around. I guess "quaint" would be the right word.

I'm looking forward to living amongst older brick buildings with character, and living in an actual neighborhood once again. Florida is filled with so many cheap mass-developed plastic-clad homes and gated communities -- yet there's no sense of community, no sidewalks, no way to walk around and get stuff done. You have to drive everywhere.

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm

dudnaito wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:Just signed a lease for a place at a great spot in Clayton. Right by Concordia Seminary, Schnucks like a block away, and A-B Hall about a 5 min or less bike ride! 2 BR / 1 BA, hard wood floors, dishwasher, w/d hookups, covered parking -- $795.


can you send me a link to the place. Looking for a place close to campus. Am willing to shell out up to 900 bucks/month for a nice place.

my real question: Trying to get access to Upass, but no id and password. I just got accepted a couple of days ago, so a bit clueless. The only id and password i got was to access my ASSB


Unfortunately, this place only has 4 units and no others are free (at least not at the moment). But I rented it from the Byron Company, which has mixed reviews, but I'm optimistic.

2013esq
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby 2013esq » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:18 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Driving down to St. Louis tomorrow for my first time! I'm pretty stoked to FINALLY visit A-B Hall and to find an apartment.

Also, pics to follow if people are interested (though I'm sure most people here have already seen the city and school).


I want to see pictures!!! Every time I see new ones I just get more excited!!!

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbThUukchws

I'm coming after all of you. Especially nyyankees and camstant.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby stratocophic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbThUukchws

I'm coming after all of you. Especially nyyankees and camstant.
I now kind of want to make a shirt that says "classhole."

Also, does anyone know of any Biglaw firms that have satellite offices in StL? I know BC AT TC and HBS are all headquartered in the city, but I can't figure out which, if any, other major firms besides Sonnenschein have an office in the city (i.e. based in Chi/NY/etc. but have a presence in StL). Just curious.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:23 pm

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbThUukchws

I'm coming after all of you. Especially nyyankees and camstant.
I now kind of want to make a shirt that says "classhole."

Also, does anyone know of any Biglaw firms that have satellite offices in StL? I know BC AT TC and HBS are all headquartered in the city, but I can't figure out which, if any, other major firms besides Sonnenschein have an office in the city (i.e. based in Chi/NY/etc. but have a presence in StL). Just curious.


I know Husch does but I don't know any others off the top of my head.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby stratocophic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbThUukchws

I'm coming after all of you. Especially nyyankees and camstant.
I now kind of want to make a shirt that says "classhole."

Also, does anyone know of any Biglaw firms that have satellite offices in StL? I know BC AT TC and HBS are all headquartered in the city, but I can't figure out which, if any, other major firms besides Sonnenschein have an office in the city (i.e. based in Chi/NY/etc. but have a presence in StL). Just curious.


I know Husch does but I don't know any others off the top of my head.
Odd. Wikipedia says they've got headquarters in both KC and StL

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbThUukchws

I'm coming after all of you. Especially nyyankees and camstant.
I now kind of want to make a shirt that says "classhole."

Also, does anyone know of any Biglaw firms that have satellite offices in StL? I know BC AT TC and HBS are all headquartered in the city, but I can't figure out which, if any, other major firms besides Sonnenschein have an office in the city (i.e. based in Chi/NY/etc. but have a presence in StL). Just curious.


I know Husch does but I don't know any others off the top of my head.
Odd. Wikipedia says they've got headquarters in both KC and StL

Oh whoops I guess you already referred to Husch as HBS.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby stratocophic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:I now kind of want to make a shirt that says "classhole."

Also, does anyone know of any Biglaw firms that have satellite offices in StL? I know BC AT TC and HBS are all headquartered in the city, but I can't figure out which, if any, other major firms besides Sonnenschein have an office in the city (i.e. based in Chi/NY/etc. but have a presence in StL). Just curious.


I know Husch does but I don't know any others off the top of my head.
Odd. Wikipedia says they've got headquarters in both KC and StL

Oh whoops I guess you already referred to Husch as HBS.
Yeah, but I also didn't know they were HQ'd in both places, so thanks for the unintentional lesson! :P Seems like it'd be a strange arrangement... haven't seen it anywhere else in my painfully limited experience

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:27 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

hahaha, apparently Nelly is coming out with a new CD. I think we can all say, FINALLY! :P
Last edited by Stephanie13 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:hahaha, apparently Nelly coming out with a new CD. I think we can all say, FINALLY! :P



I could not agree with this more!

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:hahaha, apparently Nelly coming out with a new CD. I think we can all say, FINALLY! :P



I could not agree with this more!


I wish you were going to WUSTL. Then I would be guaranteed to not finish dead last in the class or be the biggest classhole.

User avatar
publiuspublicola
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby publiuspublicola » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Flying to MO tomorrow evening and will be on campus Thursday morning. Going to finalize the lease and then show my lady and her family around the campus. Unlike ASD, I will have camera in tow and hopefully provide some nice photos for the thread.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests