WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
robin600

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby robin600 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:29 pm

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
yea what the hell, why do we have to suffer for their mistake? we should be allowed to make our own mistakes and mess everything up too.

if/when you hear the stories, you'll understand. if i were wustl i would have done the same thing in response.

oooooo come on share plz plz plz plz
+1 pleeeeeease pm. i don't know understand what the difference is between serving alcohol at the ASD and serving at orientation.

Making POTENTIAL students happy is a lot different from making COMMITTED students happy!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:43 pm

yes i want to know the story too. please PM or post on this thread.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm

robin600 wrote:Making POTENTIAL students happy is a lot different from making COMMITTED students happy!
ha...good point

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:28 pm

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
yea what the hell, why do we have to suffer for their mistake? we should be allowed to make our own mistakes and mess everything up too.

if/when you hear the stories, you'll understand. if i were wustl i would have done the same thing in response.

+1 pleeeeeease pm. i don't know understand what the difference is between serving alcohol at the ASD and serving at orientation.

PM'd ....

More PMs coming as apparently a few people are interested.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:32 pm

ok.
romo and aspects are in the know now too.

Feel free to post your shocked reaction here. I can't imagine how your first response could be anything but "oh.em.gee"
Last edited by fl0w on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:36 pm

:shock:

I like to party, but suffice it to say my law school experience will be nothing like that.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 pm

fl0w wrote:ok.

Feel free to post your shocked reaction here. I can't imagine how your first response could be anything but "oh.em.gee"

i've heard/seen worse... then again i'm in los angeles and live in hollywood. but i guess that explains why wustl stopped the alcohol. los angeles is as liberal as it gets.

i still think they should serve some sort of alcohol. maybe cap it to a few drinks per person? it doesn't mean it will happen again anyways...

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:26 pm

finalaspects wrote:
fl0w wrote:ok.

i've heard/seen worse... then again i'm in los angeles and live in hollywood. but i guess that explains why wustl stopped the alcohol. los angeles is as liberal as it gets.

i still think they should serve some sort of alcohol. maybe cap it to a few drinks per person? it doesn't mean it will happen again anyways...

yeah, but it into the context of being at a top university and it being in st. louis... it's very shocking. compare to LA or Vegas, yeah that stuff probably just happens every day.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
fl0w wrote:if/when you hear the stories, you'll understand. if i were wustl i would have done the same thing in response.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Fl0w PM me 2 please!

PS- I'm so glad I don't have to go through what the June LSATers are going through again!

PSS- Jealous everyone else is getting information and schedules :(
Last edited by robin600 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:Dear WUSTL,
During my visit to your campus back in March, I was blown away by the amazing campus, the friendly students, the top-notch CSO office, and the open and accessible faculty. But more than anything, I was blown away by the Friday afternoon happy hour, with two giant, well-stocked troughs of Anheuser-Busch products. I was able to enjoy a copious amount of adult beverages for free, all while spending the evening in the company of my future classmates. As any reasonable student would do, I based my decision to attend on the amount of partying I would do, and I knew right then that Wash U was the school for me. I recall leaving St. Louis the next morning (admittedly a little hungover) thinking about how much fun we would have at orientation in the fall.

It has now been brought to my attention that your school no longer serves adult beverages at orientation events. I must admit, I now feel lied to and deceived. I mean, the name of the law building is Anheuser-Busch Hall, and you're telling me that we aren't even going to get some great American lagers during our first week on campus!?!? I passed up many great offers at other schools (including the opportunity to pre-game at Big Ten sporting events at Illinois, the chance to party in honky-tonks and drinkin' holes down in Nashville, and the privilege of sipping on fine brandy up at Cornell) so that I could get free booze at AB Hall. I urge you to please reconsider this decision, or I will be forced to reconsider matriculating in the fall.

Yours truly,
romothesavior
L123456789

Hey WUSTL... just kidding. I <3 you :D

You will be happy to know that free alcohol can be found during the orientation week. The Student Bar Association (same people organizing the happy hours you mentioned above) coordinates a couple events such as a welcome [back] party at Blueberry Hill one night with a large prepayed tab. For the first time last year a welcome picnic/gathering was organized for the incoming 1Ls by the SBA with grilling and plenty of beer at a pavilion in Forest Park. That right there covers two of your evenings. --- All events are subject to change and your consumption may vary.
Last edited by rhit2004 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:57 pm

robin600 wrote:Fl0w PM me 2 please!

PS- I'm so glad I don't have to go through what the June LSATers are going through again!

done. i left the whole story on my clipboard so i can just click PM then cntrl+v and hit submit :lol:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:59 pm

I wish it could be August already. Every day reminds me how much I want to leave this area and start fresh in a new city, and it just feels like I have this really big ball and chain pulling me down. I used to love my hometown, but I really want out for good. Seriously, law school can't come soon though.

I know serious isn't usually my TLS style, but I needed someplace to vent, and I know there are some others on here who feel this way. :)

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 pm

romothesavior wrote:I wish it could be August already. Every day reminds me how much I want to leave this area and start fresh in a new city, and it just feels like I have this really big ball and chain pulling me down.

+1

Also, those stories are crazy, and awesome.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 pm

rhit2004 wrote:You will be happy to know that free alcohol can be found during the orientation week. The Student Bar Association (same people organizing the happy hours you mentioned above) coordinates a couple events such as a welcome [back] party at Blueberry Hill one night with a large prepayed tab. For the first time last year a welcome picnic/gathering was organized for the incoming 1Ls by the SBA with grilling and plenty of beer at a pavilion in Forest Park. That right there covers two of your evenings. --- All events are subject to change and your consumption may vary.

Excellent. I'll be the first one there and the last one to leave.
Last edited by romothesavior on Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:13 pm

PM me too, fl0w?
romothesavior wrote:I wish it could be August already. Every day reminds me how much I want to leave this area and start fresh in a new city, and it just feels like I have this really big ball and chain pulling me down. I used to love my hometown, but I really want out for good. Seriously, law school can't come soon though.

I know serious isn't usually my TLS style, but I needed someplace to vent, and I know there are some others on here who feel this way. :)
+1 Can't wait to be in St. Louis. Can. Not. Wait.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:16 pm

stratocophic wrote:PM me too, fl0w?
romothesavior wrote:I wish it could be August already. Every day reminds me how much I want to leave this area and start fresh in a new city, and it just feels like I have this really big ball and chain pulling me down. I used to love my hometown, but I really want out for good. Seriously, law school can't come soon though.

+1 Can't wait to be in St. Louis. Can. Not. Wait.

The last year or so has been a really rough year and it has culminated into a really frustrating summer. In a lot of ways, I think law school is coming at the perfect time because I need a fresh start! I can't wait.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

fl0w wrote:

done. i left the whole story on my clipboard so i can just click PM then cntrl+v and hit submit :lol:

I'll take a shot of the gossip, barkeep! In a PM, please! :)

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:54 pm

I can't wait to move, either. I have 9 more days in Florida. It's sweltering hot down here now...95 and humid probably for the next 3.5 months straight. Can't wait to start my road trip. I'm going fishing in the Atlantic Ocean tomorrow, going to Vero Beach Sunday, going to see some Minor league baseball Monday, and then packing the rest of the week.

Then, July 3, Infected Mushroom is coming to Tampa, which will be my going away party. Not that I expect anyone knows who that is. On July 5th, it's off to St. Louis to find an apartment, and then off to California and Texas for the rest of July!

panadera

Postby panadera » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:13 pm

JCougar wrote:
fl0w wrote:

I'll take a shot of the gossip, barkeep! In a PM, please! :)

+1 PM please!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:34 pm

JCougar wrote:I can't wait to move, either. I have 9 more days in Florida. It's sweltering hot down here now...95 and humid probably for the next 3.5 months straight. Can't wait to start my road trip. I'm going fishing in the Atlantic Ocean tomorrow, going to Vero Beach Sunday, going to see some Minor league baseball Monday, and then packing the rest of the week.

Then, July 3, Infected Mushroom is coming to Tampa, which will be my going away party. Not that I expect anyone knows who that is. On July 5th, it's off to St. Louis to find an apartment, and then off to California and Texas for the rest of July!

lol st. louis is 95-100 and very humid too. and it'll last for a couple of months as well... you're going to someplace equally as hot.

as for me... 70 degrees California weather to yea....

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:21 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:I can't wait to move, either. I have 9 more days in Florida. It's sweltering hot down here now...95 and humid probably for the next 3.5 months straight. Can't wait to start my road trip. I'm going fishing in the Atlantic Ocean tomorrow, going to Vero Beach Sunday, going to see some Minor league baseball Monday, and then packing the rest of the week.

lol st. louis is 95-100 and very humid too. and it'll last for a couple of months as well... you're going to someplace equally as hot.

as for me... 70 degrees California weather to yea....

St. Louis isn't usually that hot. Looking at the average highs for June/July, it's usually around 89-91, and it drops off in September. It's consistently in the mid 90s here from early June through the first week in October. Believe me, 88 degrees out feels like a cool breeze to me...I was just in North Carolina loving their mild Summer. Literally, we haven't had a single day this entire month where the high has been less than 90. And it ain't gonna get below 90 any time soon.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:56 pm

I know the feeling! I need to get away from cornfields ASAP!

myq

Postby myq » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:27 am

Could I get a PM too?

panadera

Postby panadera » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:42 am

Re: PM

....holy.... I don't.... it's just.... what?!

I have never even heard anything comparable to that.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”