WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
UF Gators

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby UF Gators » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:55 am

romothesavior wrote:For more on my thoughts on Notre Dame, check out:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119509&start=25

Haha I lost my temper in that thread...

:lol: nice.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 am

fwiw, i had a double the scholarship i had at WUSTL, plus im a practicing Catholic plus im a big ND fan and general sports fan, and i STILL chose WUSTL.

If you go through my old posts i have a mini-diatribe somewhere describing why

myq

Postby myq » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:33 am

+1. In Florida, I never had to deal with hearing people say Notre Dame is such a great school, but people talking about how great their football team is (when they had a streak of, what, 9 bowl losses in a row?) and hearing Lou Holtz talk about them as though they're serious BCS title contenders every year made me hate them.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:24 am

Anybody know what the curve is set to at WUSTL and what the grade distribution is?

(Not that it really matters... I plan to book every class and outgun all of you (especially nyyankees) on my way to a 4.0 and a SCOTUS clerkship, so I'm not real concerned about the curve. :D )

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:31 am

romothesavior wrote:Anybody know what the curve is set to at WUSTL and what the grade distribution is?

(Not that it really matters... I plan to book every class and outgun all of you (especially nyyankees) on my way to a 4.0 and a SCOTUS clerkship, so I'm not real concerned about the curve. :D )

:)
87 i think

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:06 am

najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Anybody know what the curve is set to at WUSTL and what the grade distribution is?

87 i think

Right, but do you know what the distribution of grades would be? Is it a tight curve, a loose curve? What is the median GPA? All that good stuff...

I don't know why I'm concerning myself with this at this point, but all these "Where should I bid?" threads are making me interested.

HAMBONE

Postby HAMBONE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:29 am

Here's the distribution for first semester of 1L

Percentile GPA
1% = 94.43
5% = 93.57
10% = 92.29
15% = 91.43
20% = 91
25% = 90.29
33 1/3% = 89.29

Median I think was around 87.5

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:34 am

romothesavior wrote:
najumobi wrote:

87 i think

Right, but do you know what the distribution of grades would be? Is it a tight curve, a loose curve? What is the median GPA? All that good stuff...

I don't know why I'm concerning myself with this at this point, but all these "Where should I bid?" threads are making me interested.
i don't think wustl has a traditional gpa system. grade point avgs are on the 70-100 scale. 87 is considered a B, and B+ = 88-90. for first year classes the mean (not median) grade for classes has to been within 86.5 and 87.5

http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/pages.aspx?id=7708
http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/pages.aspx?id=4917
http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/pages.aspx?id=2236

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:09 am

JCougar wrote:
robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
robin600 wrote:I'm in St. Louis for the housing day tomorrow, will let everyone know how it goes. On another note, just got an interesting phone call from Notre Dame today....Soooo agonizing.....

Define "interesting."

"interesting" as in please call us back in the next few days because we'd like to talk to you about your interest in attending ND. IDK what it means...

I don't want to get your hopes up, but calls like that usually mean they're ready to admit you.

Notre Dame's a great school, but I'd be bored to death in South Bend, and I can't take the religious influence on campus. They all say it's kept to a minimum, but it's not. I've been there many times...one of my best friends went there for undergrad. I'm very glad I'll be living in a big city with night clubs, a professional baseball team, a symphony orchestra, zoos, museums, restaurants, etc. I won't be going out much, but when I do, it will be for something fun.

But if you're a big sports fan and you don't mind the religion, it may not be a bad choice. The one thing that does rock about Notre Dame are their sports teams.

Especially ND football :wink:

Disclaimer: Disregard avatar

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 am

romothesavior wrote:
najumobi wrote:

87 i think

The mandatory mean for all 1L classes is 86.5-87.5 (you get a grade between 70 and 100 opposed to an A, B+, B, etc in each class). In 2L and 3L classes the mandatory mean for each class is determined by the mean GPA of the students in the class --- Class mean incoming GPA +/- 0.5

You can see the grade distributions for every section of every class for the last several years.
http://law.wustl.edu/registrar/pages.aspx?id=2243

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 am

So we won't be dealing at all with letter grades? Interesting.

Thanks for all the info.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:22 am

lol its the thread i started?

don't worry. as the thread starter, wustl is the best choice!

it is true that people from california know notredame more so than wustl, but not due to academics. only reason is notre dame's sports programs.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 pm

ec2xs wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
ec2xs wrote:Romo, I'd be down for that, too.

So I'm guessing you've picked WUSTL? :)

After a lot of hesitation, yep. I'm pretty stoked about it, too. I think I can ultimately do the things I want to do in law through WUSTL.

Congrats on making a decision! Feels good doesn't it? :)

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 pm

whoa whoa whoa, I wasnt gonna let you in on how ive been spending my time, but i believe my good gunner name has been questioned and it sounds like you are challenging me to a gun-off. Little do you know my friend, that i have been reviewing cases for the last six months for each of my first semester classes. I found all the t14 schools that post their exams online and have been working backwards from there until i felt that i could ace the exams. Right now im done with civ pro, torts and conlaw and im working on evidence now. You cant out gun me, not now, not ever. Youre more screwed than the cowboys kicking an extra point with romo as the holder.

WHAT NOW BIATCH!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:08 pm

nyyankees wrote:

whoa whoa whoa, I wasnt gonna let you in on how ive been spending my time, but i believe my good gunner name has been questioned and it sounds like you are challenging me to a gun-off. Little do you know my friend, that i have been reviewing cases for the last six months for each of my first semester classes. I found all the t14 schools that post their exams online and have been working backwards from there until i felt that i could ace the exams. Right now im done with civ pro, torts and conlaw and im working on evidence now. You cant out gun me, not now, not ever. Youre more screwed than the cowboys kicking an extra point with romo as the holder.

WHAT NOW BIATCH!

:shock: makes me scared to be your peer.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

nyyankees wrote:

WHAT NOW BIATCH!

Oh whatever dude... while you've been out gettin drunk in exotic places (Where are you again? Egypt? Brazil? Detroit?) and striking out with unattractive women, I've been reading E&Es like its my job. I've read Chemerinsky twice and have memorized the rule from every conlaw case since Oliver Wendell Holmes. I've writen about two dozen pre-trial motions (cause I think they're fun) and I have spam mailed every lawyer in St. Louis and invited them to be my friend on Linkedin. I have also read all the law review articles from the past five years and emailed the profs who wrote them to congratulate them on their great work, just to get on their good side. I also have practiced my bluebooking skills to get on law review (not that it will matter since I will easily finish in the top of the class and "grade on" to LR).

You are toast.

PS. Leave the Cowboys out of this.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:21 pm

romothesavior wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

WHAT NOW BIATCH!

Oh whatever dude... while you've been out gettin drunk in exotic places (Where are you again? Egypt? Brazil? Detroit?) and striking out with unattractive women, I've been reading E&Es like its my job. I've read Chemerinsky twice and have memorized the rule from every conlaw case since Oliver Wendell Holmes. I've writen about two dozen pre-trial motions (cause I think they're fun) and I have spam mailed every lawyer in St. Louis and invited them to be my friend on Linkedin. I have also read all the law review articles from the past five years and emailed the profs who wrote them to congratulate them on their great work, just to get on their good side. I also have practiced my bluebooking skills to get on law review (not that it will matter since I will easily finish in the top of the class and "grade on" to LR).

You are toast.

hmm screw you guys. i'll just "donate" 1 million dollars to the law school. let's see who gets the better grades.

i'm joking for those who can't tell

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

WHAT NOW BIATCH!

You are toast.

first of all, the first one i struck out with was apparently a dude, so jokes on you and the second one was cuz i decided gorgeous women just arent my type, im more into projects. and second of all cherminsky sherminksky.

yeah i went there.

oh yeah and emailing stl lawyers is for chumps who will need to work at firms upon graduation. whose got two thumbs and is gonna land a SCOTUS clerkship...this guy!! hahahaha im such a douche

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:45 pm

nyyankees wrote:hahahaha im such a douche

This made me Lol. Seriously I hope that there are some outrageous gunners in our class to to provide some quality entertainment, kind of like that guy that posted on the FB page.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:

This made me Lol. Seriously I hope that there are some outrageous gunners in our class to to provide some quality entertainment, kind of like that guy that posted on the FB page.
what guy? they guy who is trying to sell his supplements?

EDIT: ah i c....i read that post but it didin't think much of it. i'm pretty sure someone in our class has already jumped on that :).
Last edited by najumobi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:09 pm

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

what guy?

Me.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:11 pm

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

what guy?

EDIT: ah i c....i read that post but it didin't think much of it. i'm pretty sure someone in our class has already jumped on that :).

the dude selling all the gunning equipment haha

EDIT: Yep, probably either Romo or nyyankees

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:25 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

what guy?

Haha you know it ain't me... Aren't we FB friends?

camstant

Postby camstant » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Bought it. Read it. Good Luck.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:37 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

what guy?

hahahaha do i sound like an amateur? child please, i bought that shit in december

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”