WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
JCougar

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby JCougar » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:21 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:
In fairness, Missouri is pretty cold and windy in the winter (not Minnesota cold however) BUT be forewarned -- it is hot and humid as hell in the summer. Miserable. So I guess the question is which sort of foul weather you prefer. Then again, you can always go elsewhere in the summer.

Can't be any worse than where I live right now. Try 90+ and humid every day from the last week in May to the first week in October. I haven't seen snow in over 2 years, but I was born in Wisconsin, so I can handle the winters.

man, i'm moving from CA. weather will affect me pretty badly.... 70 degrees all year long to a place that actually has 4 different seasons. will be interesting to say the least.

Hey! When did you get in? I expected to see some posts on here when it happened. Congrats!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:23 pm

JCougar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:
In fairness, Missouri is pretty cold and windy in the winter (not Minnesota cold however) BUT be forewarned -- it is hot and humid as hell in the summer. Miserable. So I guess the question is which sort of foul weather you prefer. Then again, you can always go elsewhere in the summer.

Can't be any worse than where I live right now. Try 90+ and humid every day from the last week in May to the first week in October. I haven't seen snow in over 2 years, but I was born in Wisconsin, so I can handle the winters.

man, i'm moving from CA. weather will affect me pretty badly.... 70 degrees all year long to a place that actually has 4 different seasons. will be interesting to say the least.

Hey! When did you get in? I expected to see some posts on here when it happened. Congrats!

thanks, i was trying to stay low key while i made up my mind. it happened a day after yours.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:Hey! When did you get in? I expected to see some posts on here when it happened. Congrats!

thanks, i was trying to stay low key while i made up my mind. it happened a day after yours.

Right after they got the LOCI, no doubt...

See you in the fall!

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 pm

I'll be there around the 14th of August. Sounds like maybe that Sunday (15th) or Monday (16th) might be a good time for the first official get-together. Few beers. Few laughs. Good times.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:I'll be there around the 14th of August. Sounds like maybe that Sunday (15th) or Monday (16th) might be a good time for the first official get-together. Few beers. Few laughs. Good times.

invite me please! i don't have facebook as i have deleted it after undergrad. I know how un-secure it is, and how facebook sells your personal data to the highest bidder. (i work in information technology). they also legally own everything you upload to their site including pictures.....

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:20 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:I'll be there around the 14th of August. Sounds like maybe that Sunday (15th) or Monday (16th) might be a good time for the first official get-together. Few beers. Few laughs. Good times.

Either day would be good for me.

We'll get a more concrete plan in place once things get a little closer I'm sure, but just thinking about it is getting me excited.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:39 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

Me too! I'm a little nervous for 4 seasons (although I did do undergrad on the east coast). I think it will be fun, though. The first time I saw it snow during my freshman year I felt like throwing a party.

I'll be arriving in STL at the end of July so if there are any other early-birds I'd love to get together. Otherwise I'm down for an August TLS nerd fest/happy hour.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm

2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

Me too! I'm a little nervous for 4 seasons (although I did do undergrad on the east coast). I think it will be fun, though. The first time I saw it snow during my freshman year I felt like throwing a party.

I'll be arriving in STL at the end of July so if there are any other early-birds I'd love to get together. Otherwise I'm down for an August TLS nerd fest/happy hour.

i think i'll be there in late august, but glad to see other californians! we need to stick together! hahaha

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Maybe you guys can discuss when they'll announce the webster society scholarship when you meet in August.

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:07 pm

finalaspects wrote:
i think i'll be there in late august, but glad to see other californians! we need to stick together! hahaha

See you then!

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 pm

2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

lulz

jc631

Postby jc631 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 pm

2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:
publiuspublicola wrote:

I'll be there end of July too!

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:

Maybe you guys can discuss when they'll announce the webster society scholarship when you meet in August.

+1

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 pm

jc631 wrote:
2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
JCougar wrote:

I'll be there end of July too!

Same here

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 pm

jc631 wrote:I'll be there end of July too!

Nice! Why so early? I'm going for the Sonnenschein program that starts Aug 2.

jc631

Postby jc631 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:19 pm

2013esq wrote:
jc631 wrote:I'll be there end of July too!

Nice! Why so early? I'm going for the Sonnenschein program that starts Aug 2.

I found a great apartment but they could only hold it until July. I have no clue what I'll be doing until school starts though!

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 pm

Cool resource (some things may be a little outdated):

http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/documents/survivalguide2006.pdf

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:43 pm

2013esq wrote:Cool resource (some things may be a little outdated):

http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/documents/survivalguide2006.pdf

Good find, thanks.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:33 am

2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

There is something to be said for having all 4 seasons. I actually love it... I've got a much more diversified wardrobe as a result.

mbaino

Postby mbaino » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:36 am

romothesavior wrote:
2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

There is something to be said for having all 4 seasons. I actually love it... I've got a much more diversified wardrobe as a result.

As someone from California who has gone to wustl for the past four years, I will officially state that having all four seasons is overrated. I hate winter with a passion.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 am

mbaino wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
2013esq wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

As someone from California who has gone to wustl for the past four years, I will officially state that having all four seasons is overrated. I hate winter with a passion.

+1

I'm excited to be going to STL where there will be LESS seasonal changes (MI native btw)

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 am

J-tow10 wrote:
+1

I'm excited to be going to STL where there will be LESS seasonal changes (MI native btw)

You think there will be fewer seasonal changes in St. Louis?

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:32 am

romothesavior wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:
+1

You think there will be fewer seasonal changes in St. Louis?

Well a little bit less snow/cold at least. I think I read average annual snowfall is ~6 inches in STL?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am

J-tow10 wrote:Well a little bit less snow/cold at least. I think I read average annual snowfall is ~6 inches in STL?
that's not too bad. i think st. louis has the mildest winters of all midwestern cities. i would not be able to take the low 30s average high during the winter months in minneapolis.

La Grind Date

Postby La Grind Date » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:32 am

najumobi wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Well a little bit less snow/cold at least. I think I read average annual snowfall is ~6 inches in STL?
that's not too bad. i think st. louis has the mildest winters of all midwestern cities. i would not be able to take the low 30s average high during the winter months in minneapolis.

such little snow is a bad thing! with that amount, you can't have snowball fights, you can't dive into piles of snow, & you can't play football on the street without fearing scrapes and bruises!

that being said, i'll be OK.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”