WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
najumobi

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:26 am

can anyone who has been to both kansas city and st. louis compare the two? preference?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 am

najumobi wrote:can anyone who has been to both kansas city and st. louis compare the two? preference?

Cardinals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Royals

Rams and Chiefs are equally shitty.

That's all I got.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:44 am

romothesavior wrote:
najumobi wrote:can anyone who has been to both kansas city and st. louis compare the two? preference?

Cardinals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Royals

That's all I got.
heheh....i'm actually quite excited to see sam bradford play in person.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:04 am

najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

That's all I got.

haha ooooh Sam Bradford. I played high school football in Okc at the same time as him, and if you would have told me back then that he'd start for OU, let alone win the heisman and get drafted first overall, I would have laughed. He's a good guy though, and he deserves every blessing that comes his way.

Speaking of blessing, I was leaving wal-mart yesterday and some guy started sprinting-yes, sprinting-at me yelling sir! Sir! Before I could run to my car and lock the door he was asking me if I was a "true Christian" and telling me I should go read the bible RIGHT now. It was surreal. I politely told him I had to go and proceeded to thank God I'm leaving my current city.

Btw, my whole fam is from kc so I've been there a ton and I looooooove it. Going up to a royals game and then p&l tomorrow in fact. Gonna see man u play the wizards later this summer, and then during the second week of school I'm going to sneak off to kc and watch the chiefs beat the chargers on Monday night. Yay kc sports.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am

watch the chiefs beat the chargers on Monday night

Not likely... but I like the enthusiasm! Don't get me wrong I'm not a Chargers fan, as a Denver Broncos fan I despise them. I just don't see it happening. But when that Denver KC game rolls around let's make it interesting!

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 am

najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

That's all I got.

Yesss! I can't wait to see Sam play in person again! Last season was stolen from us...Boomer Sooner!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:52 am

Hook 'em.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:54 am

romothesavior wrote:Hook 'em.

haha boooo Romo we'll have none of that here. Unless you actually went to Texas and want to rep for your school, WHICH I don't think is true!

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 am

Stephanie13 wrote:

haha boooo Romo we'll have none of that here. Unless you actually went to Texas and want to rep for your school, WHICH I don't think is true!
haha :)

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:52 am

Stephanie13 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpMdIHgDmCA

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:37 pm

In interest of full disclosure, I'm from KC, so I am biased. But having spent a lot of time in both cities, I give a slight edge to KC. KC's downtown is more vibrant, especially now with the new downtown entertainment district. I think it is a slightly younger city, too. The BBQ is the best in the world (sorry Texas, Memphis, etc.) and if you like football, there are few places better to watch a game than Arrowhead, even if the Chiefs have had a terrible decade.

Speaking of sports...

I can't argue with this, and it will be interesting to root for a baseball team that actually wins!

Comparing the Rams to the Chiefs is like comparing the Royals to the Cardinals. The Rams are a team no one cares about in a baseball town. KC is a diehard football town, and even when the Chiefs are terrible, to experience a game at Arrowhead is truly an American experience (like watching baseball at old Busch, or old Yankees, or Wrigley, etc.).

camstant

Postby camstant » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm from KC also and I've been to stl several times as my gf is from there and obviously because im now going to school there...

KC and Stl are very similar towns. I'll have to disagree with the last post about the downtown areas though. KC is very spread out and with no useful public transportation to speak of. The result is that the downtown doesn't have as much going on, generally, because its such a pain in the ass to get to and from coming from the suburban areas. Although, there's the new Sprint center and Power and Light district which has been huge, its just not as popular or as well-established as downtown Stl is with soulard, busch stadium, blues, etc... Not to mention, stl has the second biggest mardi gras party in the country down there, which is a great time-- ive made the trip the last four years.

St louis just has a little bit more of a big city feel than KC does, and I definitely think theres more to do in stl. However, I would agree that my preference goes to KC just because its a little bit slower-paced and laid back. But, that could be just because I've lived there my entire life. There really isn't a huge difference when it comes down to it, though. If you like st louis, my bet would be that you'd like KC just as well.

Also. Having a good football team >>>>>>>> good baseball team :D

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

thanks for the replies, you all.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:18 pm

camstant wrote:

False, but irrelevent since KC has neither.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:

Haha yeah I have no horse in that race. I don't care one lick about Big XII anything. I was just trying to get you riled up, and I think I succeeded. :D

Go Illini!

camstant

Postby camstant » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:26 pm

romothesavior wrote:
camstant wrote:

False, but irrelevent since KC has neither.

Eric Berrrrry. Eric Berry.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 pm

camstant wrote:

Agreed, I think i'm going to be out of place here but being from Texas, I could not care less about baseball. Football is the biggest king in town here and even though we have the Rangers, I don't know anyone who goes besides to drink and eat and not watch the game.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
camstant wrote:

Agreed, I think i'm going to be out of place here but being from Texas, I could not care less about baseball. Football is the biggest king in town here and even though we have the Rangers, I don't know anyone who goes besides to drink and eat and not watch the game.

You are going to be my pet project for the next three years. A reclamation project, of sorts.

ALL of you will be Cardinals fans by 2013!!!

camstant

Postby camstant » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
camstant wrote:

You are going to be my pet project for the next three years. A reclamation project, of sorts.

Eric Berrrrry. Eric Berry.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
camstant wrote:

haha since I was young, the Cubs (probably because I felt bad for them) have been my favorite NL team. As soon as I got the acceptance e-mail, I became all I-70, all the way. Is that bad?

And love the halle berry reference by the way. Eric Berrrrry all the way! Maybe fl0w could show us how to break down the eric berry...haha

publiuspublicola

Postby publiuspublicola » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:11 pm

camstant wrote: KC and Stl are very similar towns. I'll have to disagree with the last post about the downtown areas though. KC is very spread out and with no useful public transportation to speak of. The result is that the downtown doesn't have as much going on, generally, because its such a pain in the ass to get to and from coming from the suburban areas. Although, there's the new Sprint center and Power and Light district which has been huge, its just not as popular or as well-established as downtown Stl is with soulard, busch stadium, blues, etc... Not to mention, stl has the second biggest mardi gras party in the country down there, which is a great time-- ive made the trip the last four years.

Well, I'd agree that downtown St. Louis has sports going for it, but Soulard isn't downtown, it's a different neighborhood. There is actually a fun scene in (actual) downtown KC, and several other neighborhoods (Midtown, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Waldo, etc.).

Anyways, I need to hop off my KC box and remember I'm moving to STL!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
camstant wrote:

haha since I was young, the Cubs (probably because I felt bad for them) have been my favorite NL team. As soon as I got the acceptance e-mail, I became all I-70, all the way. Is that bad?

And love the halle berry reference by the way. Eric Berrrrry all the way! Maybe fl0w could show us how to break down the eric berry...haha

Its not bad, its just smart!

camstant

Postby camstant » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:16 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Its not bad, its just smart!

Shouldn't you be working right now...

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:Its not bad, its just smart!

So you're okay with the joint royals/cards love? A couple of my friends here have given me crap for it.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:22 pm

i'm currently deposited for a studio at one location but would like to move into a 2 bedroom at another location instead so i need a roommate. details are on the wustl facebook group page.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”