WUSTL Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
romothesavior

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:
romothesavior wrote:8. Women are all heartless, no-good, inconsiderate, self-centered, blood sucking leeches. Every. Single. One. So that's what's going on in my life right now. :lol:

This is win. But word is that they are relentless manhunters that are DTF when it comes to law school. you may be forced to be interested again!

I'm not unintested in them, I'm just going to stop pretending they have feelings. Or concern for others. :twisted:

haha this makes me sad. also hilarious though.

Steph, suffice it to say things with that girl didn't exactly work out... haha.

But I was able to poke around the Demun area and some neighborhoods south of the loop and I definitely think they look nice. Demun is a really nice neighborhood, so I give it two thumbs up if you're still thinking of living there. Also, FB me or something if you wanna know where I'm living. I really like our neighborhood, and maybe something will pop up around there in the next few months.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 20, 2010 2:47 pm

And as for this little age poll, where are all the undergrads at in this thread? Seriously... am I gonna be the baby of the class?

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu May 20, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm also a few years out of UG.
Last edited by Joga Bonito on Thu May 20, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:And as for this little age poll, where are all the undergrads at in this thread? Seriously... am I gonna be the baby of the class?

I'm 22, will be 23 in July.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 pm

romothesavior wrote:3. JCoug, just fyi, K&E did interview at Wash U last year but I think they were a late pick-up or something, which is why they weren't on the list. But I was told by the CSO that they did, and they are more than likely going to be there this year as well.

That's good to know. [strike]If[/strike] :wink: When I get in, I'd love to have that opportunity. Some guy from my high school went to WashU for his JD and is now working at K&E. When I found that out, that really hit home with me.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:09 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:
This is win. But word is that they are relentless manhunters that are DTF when it comes to law school. you may be forced to be interested again!

I'm not unintested in them, I'm just going to stop pretending they have feelings. Or concern for others. :twisted:

haha this makes me sad. also hilarious though.

Steph, suffice it to say things with that girl didn't exactly work out... haha.

But I was able to poke around the Demun area and some neighborhoods south of the loop and I definitely think they look nice. Demun is a really nice neighborhood, so I give it two thumbs up if you're still thinking of living there. Also, FB me or something if you wanna know where I'm living. I really like our neighborhood, and maybe something will pop up around there in the next few months.

Sad day! I'm sorry to hear about that. Well, cest la vie. Girls come and go (I say that about boys too haha). And I'll be FBing you soon about that housing stuff. Congrats on finding a place to live!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu May 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:Sad day! I'm sorry to hear about that. Well, cest la vie. Girls come and go (I say that about boys too haha). And I'll be FBing you soon about that housing stuff. Congrats on finding a place to live!

The "come and go"... a classic move.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu May 20, 2010 3:35 pm

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:3. JCoug, just fyi, K&E did interview at Wash U last year but I think they were a late pick-up or something, which is why they weren't on the list. But I was told by the CSO that they did, and they are more than likely going to be there this year as well.

That's good to know. [strike]If[/strike] :wink: When I get in, I'd love to have that opportunity. Some guy from my high school went to WashU for his JD and is now working at K&E. When I found that out, that really hit home with me.

I know a WashU Law alumni who currently works for K&E in Chi. He did really well while at WashU of course but it makes me feel better about my chances.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu May 20, 2010 3:51 pm

romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:
romothesavior wrote:8. Women are all heartless, no-good, inconsiderate, self-centered, blood sucking leeches. Every. Single. One. So that's what's going on in my life right now. :lol:

I lol'd.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:
JCougar wrote:

I know a WashU Law alumni who currently works for K&E in Chi. He did really well while at WashU of course but it makes me feel better about my chances.

That's funny. I wonder if we know the same person. Is he from Wisconsin?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu May 20, 2010 4:05 pm

here's what some people from the class of 2009 are up to:

http://law.wustl.edu/alumni/classnotes.asp?yearid=2009

But should we be worried about the small number of people that reported? I dunno how they put this random list together.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu May 20, 2010 4:16 pm

JCougar wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:
JCougar wrote:

That's funny. I wonder if we know the same person. Is he from Wisconsin?

Wisconsin, no, not as far as I know.

panadera

Postby panadera » Thu May 20, 2010 4:30 pm

romothesavior wrote:And as for this little age poll, where are all the undergrads at in this thread? Seriously... am I gonna be the baby of the class?

You say you're turning 22 soon? Then I'm the baby. I turned 21 like a month ago....

HailtoPitt

Postby HailtoPitt » Thu May 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Not 22 until end of July

jumpropeck

Postby jumpropeck » Thu May 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Has anyone heard back about the SNR program beginning in August?

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:I'll be FBing you soon about that housing stuff.

I'd like to hear about the housing stuff too if possible romo. PM me and I'll give you my FB info.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:18 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I'll be FBing you soon about that housing stuff.

I'd like to hear about the housing stuff too if possible romo. PM me and I'll give you my FB info.

+1 PM me as well!

Anyone looking for a roommate? PM me! Just got off the wait list!

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu May 20, 2010 6:26 pm

jumpropeck wrote:Has anyone heard back about the SNR program beginning in August?

Heard back yesterday, a few other people heard back yesterday and tuesday.

ta06fsu

Postby ta06fsu » Thu May 20, 2010 7:17 pm

I got into the Sonnechein program too! Can't wait to see you all that got in as well. Also I'm coming straight out of undergrad and I turn 23 in October.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Fri May 21, 2010 10:24 am

Did you hear about the Sonnechein program via mail or email or what? I assumed from the initial email that notifications would be sent via snail mail. I am in Colorado, perhaps this is why I have heard nothing as of yet? I'm annoyed here....

justdoit2410

Postby justdoit2410 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:26 am

Hey guys, has anybody heard anything about the West End City Apartments, managed by Village Green? I have to pick an apartment without seeing it first and I am a little nervous.

mazzini wrote:Did you hear about the Sonnechein program via mail or email or what? I assumed from the initial email that notifications would be sent via snail mail. I am in Colorado, perhaps this is why I have heard nothing as of yet? I'm annoyed here....

I heard via snail mail.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Fri May 21, 2010 10:45 am

justdoit2410 wrote:Hey guys, has anybody heard anything about the West End City Apartments, managed by Village Green? I have to pick an apartment without seeing it first and I am a little nervous.

mazzini wrote:Did you hear about the Sonnechein program via mail or email or what? I assumed from the initial email that notifications would be sent via snail mail. I am in Colorado, perhaps this is why I have heard nothing as of yet? I'm annoyed here....

I heard via snail mail.

Yeah, I'm thinkin about living there. The building looks nicer on the outside and in the lobby than the actual apts do, even the elevators and hallways were dissapointing. Still, its decent, rent isnt too high, it's close to the park and not far from campus, but you probably couldn't walk to class. That's basically all I know. It's probably safer than anything around Delmar too.

All notifications go out via snail mail.

justdoit2410

Postby justdoit2410 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:
justdoit2410 wrote:Hey guys, has anybody heard anything about the West End City Apartments, managed by Village Green? I have to pick an apartment without seeing it first and I am a little nervous.

I heard via snail mail.

Yeah, I'm thinkin about living there. The building looks nicer on the outside and in the lobby than the actual apts do, even the elevators and hallways were dissapointing. Still, its decent, rent isnt too high, it's close to the park and not far from campus, but you probably couldn't walk to class. That's basically all I know. It's probably safer than anything around Delmar too.

Thanks for the info. That kinda sucks that the actual apartments are not as nice as the outside looks. I am also looking at a place called The Gallery. It is also in CWE. A little further out, but I am bringing my car so not too worried about that.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri May 21, 2010 12:28 pm

There are lots of nice places close to campus as well, especially if you are willing to get a roommate. CWE is nice but you'll be a little ways from campus.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Bingo. Got into the Sonnechein Program. Although I think that this may have been the type of program where everyone who applies gets in, I am nevertheless excited.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”