WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
finalaspects

Gold

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by finalaspects » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
najumobi wrote:anyone know when we'll be billed for fall semester tuition?
On the first day(Aug. 30) when we get our loan $ I assume?
yea i believe they'll give us whatever's left after paying for tuition.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:40 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
I love that it's after your first month's rent is due. gotta love it! I should start looking for a decent pimp soon I guess.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 pm

robin600 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
I love that it's after your first month's rent is due. gotta love it! I should start looking for a decent pimp soon I guess.
+1 This had both mystified and infuriated me since I learned it a month ago, perhaps even more than learning that this summer is eating into my grace period for federal undergrad loans.

Protip: the ones who don't wear rings are the best.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 pm

stratocophic wrote:+1 This had both mystified and infuriated me since I learned it a month ago, perhaps even more than learning that this summer is eating into my grace period for federal undergrad loans.

+1!!!

Lol this has nothing to do with WashU, but it was epic and cheered me up for saving to pay first month's rent.
http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 am

motedust wrote:I don't really want to go out to the bars that much during the year but I'm not gonna lie. I love beer. I can't help it. The only issue is I don't really like anything by Anheuser-Busch... I mean King Cobra malt liquor? Seriously? I guess Kirin, Bass, Rolling Rock, Bass, and Stella are alright. How much are beers anyway? I saw on a thread somewhere that there were $2 pitcher specials. I almost cried. I guess I'll have to decide between U City and CWE when I visit, maybe for the housing day?
Penny Pitchers every wednesday at Humphry's near the landing. (translates to dollar pitchers because you tip for each pitcher).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 am

stratocophic wrote:+1 This had both mystified and infuriated me since I learned it a month ago, perhaps even more than learning that this summer is eating into my grace period for federal undergrad loans.

pretty sure all of wustl's material lets people know that your refund is issued after the loans pay tuition and that you should be prepared to pay your first month's rent and all moving expenses without the help of your loans.

Also, you should get direct deposit set up with the university. That way you get it that much faster and don't have to worry about cashing a check.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 am

fl0w wrote:Great News!

I secured a job teaching hip hop dance in St. Louis! Some of you gunners might think I'm crazy for committing to this, but I'm really REALLY excited for something to keep me level. I'm going to be teaching classes one night a week (1 beg. and 1 intermediate/advance) and I'll also be choreographing competition routines for their studio!

I know some of you said you wanted to hear about it if I decided to teach, so there it is!
im in, fa sho hahah

congrats though, this sounds awesome

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:11 am

Congrats flow

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 am

romothesavior wrote:Congrats flow

thanks guys! i've already started picking music for their competition and recital pieces. I'm hopefully gonna get a head start on choreography this summer.

I'll be teaching Wednesday nights in High Ridge (a 20 min or so drive southwest of wash u). classes start the wednesday after labor day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 am

fl0w wrote:
motedust wrote:I don't really want to go out to the bars that much during the year but I'm not gonna lie. I love beer. I can't help it. The only issue is I don't really like anything by Anheuser-Busch... I mean King Cobra malt liquor? Seriously? I guess Kirin, Bass, Rolling Rock, Bass, and Stella are alright. How much are beers anyway? I saw on a thread somewhere that there were $2 pitcher specials. I almost cried. I guess I'll have to decide between U City and CWE when I visit, maybe for the housing day?
Penny Pitchers every wednesday at Humphry's near the landing. (translates to dollar pitchers because you tip for each pitcher).
Wow, I think I found my new favorite place!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 am

fl0w wrote:

pretty sure all of wustl's material lets people know that your refund is issued after the loans pay tuition and that you should be prepared to pay your first month's rent and all moving expenses without the help of your loans.

Also, you should get direct deposit set up with the university. That way you get it that much faster and don't have to worry about cashing a check.
where do you get the direct deposit form?

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 am

apparently we will be billed fall semester's tuition at the end of this month and of course whatever aid we have that has been approved will automatically take care of that. refunds checks aren't available until the first day of classes, but i think someone already said this.

also, orientation is a full week.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:49 pm

najumobi wrote:also, orientation is a full week.
Anybody have any idea what the schedule will be like?

I assume a typical day during that week will go something like this...
Morning: Meet with professors/faculty, try not to fall asleep
Afternoon: More of the same
Evening: Party naked

Somebody plz correct me if any of this is wrong.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:55 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:

This is basically correct. I have two good friends that just finished their JD at wustl last year. Apparently they no longer server alcohol at orientation events because of his class though. There are some pretty insane stories that I can share... probably not a good idea to share them here, haha! Don't want to scare the kiddies away with them.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:59 pm

robin600 wrote:Lol this has nothing to do with WashU, but it was epic and cheered me up for saving to pay first month's rent.
I have never laughed that hard at work before.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:24 pm

fl0w wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

This is basically correct. I have two good friends that just finished their JD at wustl last year. Apparently they no longer server alcohol at orientation events because of his class though. There are some pretty insane stories that I can share... probably not a good idea to share them here, haha! Don't want to scare the kiddies away with them.
That sucks. A lot.

motedust

Bronze

Post by motedust » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:27 pm

You know what does not suck? $1 pitchers of beer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

That sucks. A lot.
yea what the hell, why do we have to suffer for their mistake? we should be allowed to make our own mistakes and mess everything up too.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Lol this has nothing to do with WashU, but it was epic and cheered me up for saving to pay first month's rent.
I have never laughed that hard at work before.
This was hilarious and epic. I laughed my ass off. That woman sounds like quite the ditz.

With that said, a few months ago my cat escaped for a few days and I was really worried about him. A lot of my friends made jokes about it or acted like no big deal, but I was really torn up about it. I REALLY love my cat. So this back-and-forth email exchange was really funny, but it also called up some bad memories.

Thankfully Millard came back, and he will likely sit in my lap during torts and contracts so he can help me organize my notes and outlines.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 pm

finalaspects wrote:
yea what the hell, why do we have to suffer for their mistake? we should be allowed to make our own mistakes and mess everything up too.
if/when you hear the stories, you'll understand. if i were wustl i would have done the same thing in response.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 pm

fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
if/when you hear the stories, you'll understand. if i were wustl i would have done the same thing in response.
oooooo come on share plz plz plz plz

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Dear WUSTL,
During my visit to your campus back in March, I was blown away by the amazing campus, the friendly students, the top-notch CSO office, and the open and accessible faculty. But more than anything, I was blown away by the Friday afternoon happy hour, with two giant, well-stocked troughs of Anheuser-Busch products. I was able to enjoy a copious amount of adult beverages for free, all while spending the evening in the company of my future classmates. As any reasonable student would do, I based my decision to attend on the amount of partying I would do, and I knew right then that Wash U was the school for me. I recall leaving St. Louis the next morning (admittedly a little hungover) thinking about how much fun we would have at orientation in the fall.

It has now been brought to my attention that your school no longer serves adult beverages at orientation events. I must admit, I now feel lied to and deceived. I mean, the name of the law building is Anheuser-Busch Hall, and you're telling me that we aren't even going to get some great American lagers during our first week on campus!?!? I passed up many great offers at other schools (including the opportunity to pre-game at Big Ten sporting events at Illinois, the chance to party in honky-tonks and drinkin' holes down in Nashville, and the privelege of sipping on fine brandy up at Cornell) so that I could get free booze at AB Hall. I urge you to please reconsider this decision, or I will be forced to reconsider matriculating in the fall.

Yours truly,
romothesavior
L123456789

Hey WUSTL... just kidding. I <3 you :D

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:10 pm

motedust wrote:You know what does not suck? $1 pitchers of beer.
If you get a group together it turns into like 25 cent pitchers!
Last edited by robin600 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
+1 pleeeeeease pm. i don't know understand what the difference is between serving alcohol at the ASD and serving at orientation.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:28 pm

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
fl0w wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
+1 pleeeeeease pm. i don't know understand what the difference is between serving alcohol at the ASD and serving at orientation.
Also interested.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”