WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
taw856

Bronze

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by taw856 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Checking in, maybe. :wink:

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 pm

taw856 wrote:Checking in, maybe. :wink:
Elaborate...

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 pm

See admissions thread. (Admitted from hold list. Weighing WUSTL v. UMN.)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:16 pm

taw856 wrote:See admissions thread. (Admitted from hold list. Weighing WUSTL v. UMN.)
*cough* WUSTL*cough*

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm

taw856 wrote:See admissions thread. (Admitted from hold list. Weighing WUSTL v. UMN.)
Oh yeah, I saw that. I get this thread crossed up with that thread sometimes... Congrats and good luck.

What is your regional preference?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 pm

romothesavior wrote:What is your regional preference?
No real preference aside from being annoyed by frontrunner sports fans (Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Cowboys). :wink:

Semi-kidding aside, Chicago is the most desirable market for me -- but I've moved around enough to be okay with a lot of different places (as evidenced by the randomness of the applications I sent out this cycle), and both UMN and WUSTL get points for being in cities I wouldn't be unhappy to end up in either.

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 pm

robin600 wrote:
*cough* WUSTL*cough*
:mrgreen:

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 pm

taw856 wrote:
No real preference aside from being annoyed by frontrunner sports fans (Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Cowboys). :wink:

Semi-kidding aside, Chicago is the most desirable market for me -- but I've moved around enough to be okay with a lot of different places (as evidenced by the randomness of the applications I sent out this cycle), and both UMN and WUSTL get points for being in cities I wouldn't be unhappy to end up in either.
Hmm... Well if the cost is similar, I'd say WUSTL for sure. Best chance at Chicago, strong regionally, and somewhat national if you have the grades. But it really depends on the scholarship.

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:40 am

taw856 wrote:

Personally, I love UMN. I have family in Minneapolis, and I figured I could be happy there too. They also gave me an unconditional full-ride. I still picked WUSTL because Minnesota is seriously seriously cold, and it seems like WUSTL is stronger in this area (the midwest), whereas UMN would keep you in Minnesota/Wisconsin/etc.

But seriously.... It's so cold up there.... Weather doesn't seem like it would be a part of the decision-making process, but after talking to the family that lives there, it was.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll make a great decision regardless of what anyone in this (biased) thread might say. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AgentSCo

New

Post by AgentSCo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:38 am

Has everybody found a place to live, yet?

I ask because I visited the school last week but was unable to find a place to live. I visited a couple of properties in Brentwood, Clayton, and the Central West End (just east of Forest Park). I really liked the areas I visited and the campus is REALLY nice! I was just wondering how everybody else was faring in their housing search, and for those still looking, when were you hoping to secure a place to live?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:47 am

It seems like most stuff available right now is for summer sublease. I might just wait until July to try and find a place. I might come up for 4th of July.

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:49 am

AgentSCo wrote:Has everybody found a place to live, yet?

I ask because I visited the school last week but was unable to find a place to live. I visited a couple of properties in Brentwood, Clayton, and the Central West End (just east of Forest Park). I really liked the areas I visited and the campus is REALLY nice! I was just wondering how everybody else was faring in their housing search, and for those still looking, when were you hoping to secure a place to live?
I'll be headed down to STL the last week of June to find an apartment. I've mostly been looking in the CWE. Aside from the fact that it would mean I have to drive to class each day, I really like what I've heard about the area so far (sounds very Ann Arbor-ish to me, so hopefully I won't get too homesick :D ).

Have you looked at padmapper.com yet? I found out about the site ITT and really like it.

camstant

Bronze

Post by camstant » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 pm

For you tennis people... I'd definitely be down. I played all growing up and used to teach lessons, actually, so it would be great to find some people who'd want to hit around sometime

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

camstant

Bronze

Post by camstant » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 pm

panadera wrote:
taw856 wrote:

Personally, I love UMN. I have family in Minneapolis, and I figured I could be happy there too. They also gave me an unconditional full-ride. I still picked WUSTL because Minnesota is seriously seriously cold, and it seems like WUSTL is stronger in this area (the midwest), whereas UMN would keep you in Minnesota/Wisconsin/etc.

But seriously.... It's so cold up there.... Weather doesn't seem like it would be a part of the decision-making process, but after talking to the family that lives there, it was.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll make a great decision regardless of what anyone in this (biased) thread might say. Good luck!
I was deciding between UMN and WUSTL a while back also. I got more money at umn, but decided on wustl for a couple of fairly basic reasons:
1. slightly higher ranking. also note that UMN dropped slightly and WUSTL's score went up... not by much, but why not consider it
2. placement. While people like to knock wustl for not really being a national school, the options for getting a job, at least in the midwest are greater than at UMN
3. location. as mentioned before, its so damn cold up there. I went there on spring break a few years ago and it snowed.. not cool
4. clinics. WUSTL is very strong, i think people overlook this too often
more superficially....
5. campus. WUSTL >>>>>>>>>>>> UMN, no contest
6. lay prestige. Maybe not to the midwest haters, but WUSTL has a great reputation. And if the school is still improving, even better for you down the road.

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 pm

camstant wrote:For you tennis people... I'd definitely be down. I played all growing up and used to teach lessons, actually, so it would be great to find some people who'd want to hit around sometime
I'd like to learn if anyone is willing to teach me! I used to play a little with my friends in undergrad but I never really learned, "playing" just consisted of people hitting the ball to me and me chasing it half the time.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:19 pm

camstant wrote:For you tennis people... I'd definitely be down. I played all growing up and used to teach lessons, actually, so it would be great to find some people who'd want to hit around sometime

Excellent. That is convenient, I'll always have someone to play with. I'll be sure to bring my racket, even though you'll kick my ass. I'll just have to kick your ass in something else.

La Grind Date

New

Post by La Grind Date » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

i'm definitely down for tennis! i would love to play a few times a week, if not everyday

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
I'd like to learn if anyone is willing to teach me! I used to play a little with my friends in undergrad but I never really learned, "playing" just consisted of people hitting the ball to me and me chasing it half the time.
+1
I'm a beginner (and really suck), but I love tennis.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:52 pm

all this talk about athletic activity.

When are we going to talk about what is REALLY going to be played....

The Beer Olympics.
(hard liquor events available based upon enrollment)

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 pm

La Grind Date wrote:
i'm definitely down for tennis! i would love to play a few times a week, if not everyday
+1. I know there is a golf club, but I didn't see a tennis club. Maybe we could start one? The courts are right next to A-B Hall.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:
+1. I know there is a golf club, but I didn't see a tennis club. Maybe we could start one? The courts are right next to A-B Hall.
Wow this would be a WASP-y thing for me to do. Golf club AND tennis club? Haha... I sound like quite the country club kid. If you need me, I'll be wearing pastel-colored golf shorts and a Ralph Lauren polo with a sweater draped over top to compliment my wicked side part hair-do. And drinking a scotch on the rocks with a big cigar. :D

No but seriously... if we could get enough people, we could do some sort of tennis club.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:43 pm

fl0w wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Where did everyone send their e-mail to about scholly info? Admissions? Fin. Aid?
fin aid will tell you "no money"
admissions will tell you "thanks for your note, we've added it to your file"

I know, I've tried both places.

May I suggest going higher up the ladder?

Well my request didn't work out, which I'm ok with because I wasn't expecting anything. I do, however, feel a bit ashamed now for even asking them :oops: .

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:53 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
fl0w wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Where did everyone send their e-mail to about scholly info? Admissions? Fin. Aid?

Well my request didn't work out, which I'm ok with because I wasn't expecting anything. I do, however, feel a bit ashamed now for even asking them :oops: .
You had to try right? Sorry it didn't end up working out though.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:07 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
fl0w wrote:

when did you make that request?
Maybe I'll make one too!

vmmf

New

Post by vmmf » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Guys, does anyone intend to bring a Mac to school?

WUSTL's website says that ExamSoft (presumably their exam-taking program) is not compatible with Macs. However, ExamSoft's FAQ on their website says that it is compatible with Mac's new OS, Snow Leopard. Is WUSTL's warning simply outdated, or am I missing something?

Sorry if this has already been answered before.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”