WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
fl0w

Silver

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by fl0w » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm in E-10.

Not totally sure that I care, but I am glad to have my schedule in my calendar.

BTW it was nice meeting some of the people at the coffee social thing this morning. And good times for those that kept the party going at Blue Hill..... you know who you are....

It's amazing how quickly someone who is also on TLS can out you if they are paying attention. I had two people out me within maybe 10 minutes of talking to me this morning, haha!

Or maybe it's just that I'm personally easy to out. :roll:

camstant

Bronze

Post by camstant » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 pm

stratocophic wrote:
camstant wrote:
La Grind Date wrote:
folgers wrote:I'm in c-6. Wendesdays off but don't get done until 4:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Anybody else?
I'm in c6. we don't get Wednesdays off.

Is there a book list?
C6 Represent. here's the list: --LinkRemoved--

EDIT: btw, just ordered books through the bookstore and 2 on amazon and spent a total of $546, not bad at all. Doesn't include supplements and such, which will add up, but it's a good start!
Dude, I only spent $487 and I get everything from the bookstore... did you get the suggested stuff too or something?
Damn i thought i did pretty well haha. I didn't buy any of those "barcharts" or whatever, but all the teachers use different books and stuff so who knows...

Melkaba

New

Post by Melkaba » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Yeah, I didn't touch any of the suggested stuff.

Also, for any one who has Mandelker's Property class...

I noticed that the book for the class (Property Law and the Public Interest 3rd ed) is pretty expensive on WUSTL's actual store ($94 used), but the prices on amazon and some other online places are drastically different. Even new, the cheapest book costs $25 and the most expensive seller out of around 20 sells the book for $130. The WUSTL online store doesn't have a publication year or a picture of the cover. I scoured high and low online and I didn't really find much information about this book (or whether there were alternate versions of the same edition) outside of finding out that Mandelker was an author as well, the 3rd edition is a 2007 publication, and... that's it. So.. uh.. Is there a reason why the WUSTL store price is so different from the online prices? I placed an order on Amazon already, but I would prefer not to have accidentally ordered the wrong version or something like that.

So far, I'm looking at $450-ish total. And so goes my summer money in an instant.

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 pm

B7. I love early morning classes and no Fridays!

I'm so glad everyone posted and the thread grew 3 pages since I checked this morning or I wouldn't have looked for schedules again until Monday or so.

ninano

New

Post by ninano » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:26 pm

fl0w wrote:I'm in E-10.

BTW it was nice meeting some of the people at the coffee social thing this morning. And good times for those that kept the party going at Blue Hill..... you know who you are....

It's amazing how quickly someone who is also on TLS can out you if they are paying attention. I had two people out me within maybe 10 minutes of talking to me this morning, haha!

I think you're just " personally easy to out." :P

And It was also nice meeting some of you this morning! Much better than staring at my 4 bedroom walls all day. Lol. I'm looking forward to next Friday. Hopefully the snacks will be better this time around!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Big props to the registrar and admissions for getting these done this week... I know we were all getting antsy so I'm glad to see they got them done.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 am

no classes on wednesdays and only one class on fridays 10-11.
i have moul, bertram, degeest, mandelker, tamanaha.....who's else is in this section?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:32 am

najumobi wrote:no classes on wednesdays and only one class on fridays 10-11.
i have moul, bertram, degeest, mandelker, tamanaha.....who's else is in this section?
I am!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:38 am

romothesavior wrote:
I am!
ha nice...what do you think of m,t,th...9am ?
i love that we have wednesday off.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:40 am

najumobi wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
I am!
ha nice...what do you think of m,t,th...9am ?
i love that we have wednesday off.
It will be rough MTTh, but I think Wednesday is a good day to have off. Having Friday off makes it easy to slack, but Wednesday serves as a good work day. Plus we only have one class Friday, so I feel like it will be nice to be able to maybe enjoy Thursday nights once in a while (at least early in the semester).

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:45 am

I am FINALLY getting close to being done with packing. 24 hours from now I'll be in St. Louis! I'm very excited.

On the other hand though, I'm also really sad right now. I was just packing up and taking things off my walls, and I realized: this is the last night I will ever spend in this house. My parents are moving in two weeks, so I'll come back home in the winter to a new home. We have lived here for 19 years and I have all of my memories in this house, so while I am happy for my parents finally moving, I'm really upset about leaving. It just kind of dawned on me all of a suddent that I won't be coming back here, and I just let out a good long cry. I'm such a baby. :lol:

Time to start a new chapter though! Can't wait to meet you all.

folgers

New

Post by folgers » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:41 am

romothesavior wrote:
I am!
I got the same section. I originally wanted Fridays off, who doesn't, but I am liking Wednesdays with just the one Friday class. Naj are you in the fantasy football league too? I am and I know romo is. Should make for some fun classes.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:11 am

Noob question... but how do I just go straight to my WUSTL email? What is the link to sign in? I already signed up for email, but I always have trouble finding it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 am

rough not having interwebs set up in my apartment, but i think i'm in B7, hard to tell on the phone.

slt

New

Post by slt » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:18 am

I'm in the same section.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:18 am

fl0w wrote:I'm in E-10.

Literally it took me about 10 seconds to figure out who you were. I just didn't want to shout out "TLS BUDDIES!!" in front of everyone else and give off a first impression of us being huge internet dorks. :)

slt

New

Post by slt » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 am

romothesavior wrote:Noob question... but how do I just go straight to my WUSTL email? What is the link to sign in? I already signed up for email, but I always have trouble finding it.
Go to http://www.outlook.com

Sign in using: WUSTL KEY@go.wustl.edu
Password: WUSTL KEY password

They just switched to this system last semester, but it's much better than what we used to use.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 am

romothesavior wrote:It just kind of dawned on me all of a suddent that I won't be coming back here, and I just let out a good long cry. I'm such a baby.
Well, literally, you're the class baby as well, so we'll forgive you for now. :D

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:27 am

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:It just kind of dawned on me all of a suddent that I won't be coming back here, and I just let out a good long cry. I'm such a baby.
Well, literally, you're the class baby as well, so we'll forgive you for now. :D
8) I appreciate it.

Just bought books. Spent $391. Very happy with myself.

Jason321123

New

Post by Jason321123 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:09 am

So I have no idea which section I'm in because it seems like mine is some sort of amalgam of random sections? lol...I have Lewis, Kloempken, DeGeest, Mandelker, and Tamanaha for LAR, LRM, Contracts, Property, and Torts, respectively...Yeah...so anyone have any idea what/whose section I'm in. Basically I go to class everyday with very easy days on Wednesday and Friday. (1 hour on Wednesday and 2 hours on Friday)

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 am

Jason321123 wrote:So I have no idea which section I'm in because it seems like mine is some sort of amalgam of random sections? lol...I have Lewis, Kloempken, DeGeest, Mandelker, and Tamanaha for LAR, LRM, Contracts, Property, and Torts, respectively...Yeah...so anyone have any idea what/whose section I'm in. Basically I go to class everyday with very easy days on Wednesday and Friday. (1 hour on Wednesday and 2 hours on Friday)
You're in one of the Ds.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 am

Here is the latest list of people going to the Cardinals game:

Romo
Stephanie-(2 tickets)
NU Jet
Strato
Panadera
Ec2xs
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini-
Ziggystardust***
Jcougar
JC631
Publius- (2 tickets)
Chareth
La Grind
Folgers
Dr. Bulldog
final aspects***
Deebs
Mbaino
Ninano
Camstant

*** Ziggy and final aspects, I do not have confirmation from you. I need you to PM me and let you know if you're going or not, and I also need your name (so I can find you on Facebook) or your email address.

The rest of you: If you are not going anymore, please let me know ASAP. I will send out a message on Facebook (or an email if you don't have Facebook) over the weekend with details on the game. So please check your Facebook periodically so you'll know what is going on.

I have one last ticket if anybody wants it! PM me if you do.

I am really stoked about this game. I am pretty sure Wainwright will be pitching, so we should see a real gem!

Harry Ballsogna

New

Post by Harry Ballsogna » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 am

Jason321123 wrote:So I have no idea which section I'm in because it seems like mine is some sort of amalgam of random sections? lol...I have Lewis, Kloempken, DeGeest, Mandelker, and Tamanaha for LAR, LRM, Contracts, Property, and Torts, respectively...Yeah...so anyone have any idea what/whose section I'm in. Basically I go to class everyday with very easy days on Wednesday and Friday. (1 hour on Wednesday and 2 hours on Friday)

Sounds like you are in section F2 (same as me).

M, T, TH:
Property - 9:00 to 10:20
Torts - 1:00 to 2:20
Contracts - 2:30 to 3:50

I actually really like this setup. M/T/TH we get a solid break mid-morning break, and Wednesday is a great middle of the week work day.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:14 pm

romothesavior wrote:Here is the latest list of people going to the Cardinals game:

Romo
Stephanie-(2 tickets)
NU Jet
Strato
Panadera
Ec2xs
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini-
Ziggystardust***
Jcougar
JC631
Publius- (2 tickets)
Chareth
La Grind
Folgers
Dr. Bulldog
final aspects***
Deebs
Mbaino
Ninano
Camstant

*** Ziggy and final aspects, I do not have confirmation from you. I need you to PM me and let you know if you're going or not, and I also need your name (so I can find you on Facebook) or your email address.

The rest of you: If you are not going anymore, please let me know ASAP. I will send out a message on Facebook (or an email if you don't have Facebook) over the weekend with details on the game. So please check your Facebook periodically so you'll know what is going on.

I am really stoked about this game. I am pretty sure Wainwright will be pitching, so we should see a real gem!
Does this give us enough people for a scoreboard shout-out?

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

romothesavior wrote:Here is the latest list of people going to the Cardinals game:

Romo
Stephanie-(2 tickets)
NU Jet
Strato
Panadera
Ec2xs
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini-
Ziggystardust***
Jcougar
JC631
Publius- (2 tickets)
Chareth
La Grind
Folgers
Dr. Bulldog
final aspects***
Deebs
Mbaino
Ninano
Camstant

Dude ask on the WashU Law 2013 Facebook group and someone'll take that last ticket

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”