WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
stratocophic

Gold

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by stratocophic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:13 pm

fl0w wrote:Conversely, I just got an email ding from a firm with which I was never even given a screening interview. Wow.

They then asked me to fill out some diversity statistics. Double.wow.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
Preemptive strike. They just wanted to get you before you got them.

K.R.I.T.

New

Post by K.R.I.T. » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:17 am

I've had zero luck outside of the bureaucracy mills. Anyone know when we'll hear from session 1/ OCI bidding? What were your experiences thus far with the bidding process/interview allocations? I am a transfer so I got in the game late and missed the early interview bidding...

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 am

K.R.I.T. wrote:I've had zero luck outside of the bureaucracy mills. Anyone know when we'll hear from session 1/ OCI bidding? What were your experiences thus far with the bidding process/interview allocations? I am a transfer so I got in the game late and missed the early interview bidding...
someone else has to chime in. i cancelled all of my OCI interviews

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:36 am

Last edited by quadsixm on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:39 am

K.R.I.T. wrote:I've had zero luck outside of the bureaucracy mills. Anyone know when we'll hear from session 1/ OCI bidding? What were your experiences thus far with the bidding process/interview allocations? I am a transfer so I got in the game late and missed the early interview bidding...
No idea, but Session 1 preselects should be out soon. I'm not sure about the exact ratio at WUSTL, but I think it's almost entirely preselect and a few lottery.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:43 am

fl0w wrote:
Subtle "I have a job" trolling.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:14 pm

romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:
well honestly i was fooling myself into thinking i wanted anything to do with the interviews that I got in St. Louis. I just don't want to be in StL after graduation. After this summer I'm Bay Area or bust. The StL interviews were "just in case" interviews and I manned up and said I don't want to play backup plans in terms of where I end up working. If I can't do what I want to do in my legal career I'll go do what I did before law school for a while and keep looking.

Target Acquired.

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Bold.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 pm

plus hopefully my spots went to alternates or something like that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 pm

fl0w wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
fl0w wrote:
well honestly i was fooling myself into thinking i wanted anything to do with the interviews that I got in St. Louis. I just don't want to be in StL after graduation. After this summer I'm Bay Area or bust. The StL interviews were "just in case" interviews and I manned up and said I don't want to play backup plans in terms of where I end up working. If I can't do what I want to do in my legal career I'll go do what I did before law school for a while and keep looking.

Target Acquired.
When he reached the new world, Cortez burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated. :wink:

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 pm

JCougar wrote:When he reached the new world, Cortez burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated. :wink:
Hahaha great analogy

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JCougar wrote:When he reached the new world, Cortez burned his ships. As a result, his men were well motivated. :wink:
Hahaha great analogy
Also, great "Hunt for Red October" quote.

--ImageRemoved--

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Hahaha great analogy
i'm lovin' it

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm back!

I miss the Yay already. Anyone around and up for some debauchery tonight?

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:11 pm

fl0w wrote: well honestly i was fooling myself into thinking i wanted anything to do with the interviews that I got in St. Louis. I just don't want to be in StL after graduation. After this summer I'm Bay Area or bust. The StL interviews were "just in case" interviews and I manned up and said I don't want to play backup plans in terms of where I end up working. If I can't do what I want to do in my legal career I'll go do what I did before law school for a while and keep looking.

Target Acquired.
The patriotic reaction I had to seeing that you're Bay Area or bust makes me question my own desire to not go back to the Bay Area :|

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Hannibal wrote:
fl0w wrote: well honestly i was fooling myself into thinking i wanted anything to do with the interviews that I got in St. Louis. I just don't want to be in StL after graduation. After this summer I'm Bay Area or bust. The StL interviews were "just in case" interviews and I manned up and said I don't want to play backup plans in terms of where I end up working. If I can't do what I want to do in my legal career I'll go do what I did before law school for a while and keep looking.

Target Acquired.
The patriotic reaction I had to seeing that you're Bay Area or bust makes me question my own desire to not go back to the Bay Area :|
as in you feel like you may be fooling yourself for conceding on your return? Not sure how you could really accept living somewhere else very easily after being there. It's ah-mazing.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:04 pm

I am so, so not ready for classes to start. How the hell is it almost the start of 2L? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was sprinting up the stairs of Seigal to turn in my write-on packet. And now we're going back to classes already? WTF?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 pm

romothesavior wrote:I am so, so not ready for classes to start. How the hell is it almost the start of 2L? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was sprinting up the stairs of Seigal to turn in my write-on packet. And now we're going back to classes already? WTF?
Shit, that reminds me, I need to buy books.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:01 pm

quadsixm wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I am so, so not ready for classes to start. How the hell is it almost the start of 2L? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was sprinting up the stairs of Seigal to turn in my write-on packet. And now we're going back to classes already? WTF?
for the life of me i cannot remember if i already bought my books and all i need to do is pick them up... or if i didn't buy anything and i'm gonna show up empty-handed.

but also yes. classes, pls go away. thx. bai.

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Thu May 24, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
quadsixm wrote:
Ditto. I've been avoiding this.
Same here

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 pm

omfg @ the $$$$ tag for books?!

You HAVE to be kidding me.

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:19 pm

lol @ purchasing books. Need to do that I guess.

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Nice, my books came in a shade under $500.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:58 am

Just wanted to drop in to say, good luck to all of you this week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”