WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
JCougar

Gold

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by JCougar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:17 pm

myq wrote:I sent a short, shameless e-mail to them. I didn't expect to get anything - I have no other scholarships to leverage and I withdrew from all my acceptances. They raised my scholarship by 2k per year. Hey, I'll take it.
What's that bring your total to now?

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Where did everyone send their e-mail to about scholly info? Admissions? Fin. Aid?

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Where did everyone send their e-mail to about scholly info? Admissions? Fin. Aid?
fin aid will tell you "no money"
admissions will tell you "thanks for your note, we've added it to your file"

I know, I've tried both places.

May I suggest going higher up the ladder?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Fwiw, admissions also told me no money and they couldn't increase it. But that was like 2-3 months ago.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:19 pm

fl0w wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Where did everyone send their e-mail to about scholly info? Admissions? Fin. Aid?

ha. like?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:27 pm

najumobi wrote:
fl0w wrote:

ha. like?
:lol: sorry, i was vague there eh?
Dean of admissions?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm

najumobi wrote:
fl0w wrote:

ha. like?
God?

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:34 pm

fl0w wrote:
najumobi wrote:
fl0w wrote:

ha. like?
:lol: sorry, i was vague there eh?
Dean of admissions?
ah ic.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:36 pm

JCougar wrote:
myq wrote:I sent a short, shameless e-mail to them. I didn't expect to get anything - I have no other scholarships to leverage and I withdrew from all my acceptances. They raised my scholarship by 2k per year. Hey, I'll take it.
JCougar, I didn't recognize you at first with that 'tar. I thought you were a newbie.

Did you make a decision after that thread you made?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

2013esq

Bronze

Post by 2013esq » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:19 pm

najumobi wrote:
2013esq wrote:How are people getting scholarship increases? I already have a pretty big one, but was hoping for more (who isn't?!). I'm a bit reluctant to send my signed financial aid letter back just in case I may be able to get more. I requested an increase and was told no - should I just accept what I have?
were you given a reason why your request was not granted? like did they say something along the lines of "yada yada yada....no more money" ?? if this is true i guess you could ask again since it looks like they have the money now (or at least very recently) to increase scholarships.
Yep...I made a formal request and they just said "Sorry, we're unable to increase your scholarship." That was it. I guess I could try again. Worst thing that could happen: I get another no.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Anybody else planning on staying sane/in shape by getting involved in some intramural sports?

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Anybody else planning on staying sane/in shape by getting involved in some intramural sports?
nope. gonna dance!

BTW next week I find out if my crew makes it to the National Hip Hop Dance Championships!

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:02 pm

fl0w wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:Anybody else planning on staying sane/in shape by getting involved in some intramural sports?
nope. gonna dance!

BTW next week I find out if my crew makes it to the National Hip Hop Dance Championships!
WHAT!?! That's so cool! Good luck!

I was totally just creeping youtube for dances (mainly the So You Think You Can Dance couples), but now I'm watching some stuff from 2009.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 pm

yes! I wanna do volleyball if anyone else is interested

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:42 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JCougar wrote:
JCougar, I didn't recognize you at first with that 'tar. I thought you were a newbie.

Did you make a decision after that thread you made?
I pretty much made my decision before I made that thread. I just wanted affirmation about my decision. But it looks like there are split camps. I'm not going to withdraw from the Illinois or Minnesota waitlists either until August. I want to see what kind of scholarship money they offer me at least. Illinois has been giving substantially more to splitters this year, and I get reciprocity at Minnesota, which when added to their typical splitter scholarship, could end up being a substantial tuition discount.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm in for football, baseball/softball, and dodgeball. But definitely football.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I'd do anything baseball/softball related. I might also continute to take Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu if I can find a good dojo. It's likely nothing will get out law school stress like choking people. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

publiuspublicola

Bronze

Post by publiuspublicola » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 pm

I'll probably be in for intramural softball and/or flag football. Also plan to get a group together for racquetball -- crazy fun and really great exercise.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 pm

I really want a tennis or racquetball partner. I didn't play in high school or college, so I'm not a star or anything like that, but I can keep a good volley going. I mostly want to do it for the fun and the exercise... I remember I lost like 20 pounds in Thailand from playing hours of tennis every day.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:I really want a tennis or racquetball partner. I didn't play in high school or college, so I'm not a star or anything like that, but I can keep a good volley going. I mostly want to do it for the fun and the exercise... I remember I lost like 20 pounds in Thailand from playing hours of tennis every day.
I've lost about 18 pounds in the last 3 months. I have a jiu-jitsu tournament in Orlando this weekend, and I want to make it into a lower weight class so I'm not going up against these behemoths that are on steroids like I did last time.

porkbraiser

New

Post by porkbraiser » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

I'll play tennis with your Romo, I played in high school but have been wanting to get back into it ever since

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Can girls play IM football? If there's no rugby I'm down for football! I don't really do ball sports that well though, the whole not seeing very well puts a damper on that aspect. I like to tackle people though :D !

PS- as for scholarships, I'm pretty sure they won't increase your scholarship if you already have a decent chunk of change. It seems like everyone who is denied an increase already has large scholarships. Also you need to email a person directly, not admissions or financial aid, those two accounts don't have the authority to override scholarships and are probably told to say hey there's not a lot more money to give. Just a thought. Also write a thank you after. I seriously think that's what possibly got me my unsolicited increase. I sent a handwritten one.

2013esq

Bronze

Post by 2013esq » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Anybody do CrossFit?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:28 pm

robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Can girls play IM football? If there's no rugby I'm down for football! I don't really do ball sports that well though, the whole not seeing very well puts a damper on that aspect. I like to tackle people though :D !

PS- as for scholarships, I'm pretty sure they won't increase your scholarship if you already have a decent chunk of change. It seems like everyone who is denied an increase already has large scholarships. Also you need to email a person directly, not admissions or financial aid, those two accounts don't have the authority to override scholarships and are probably told to say hey there's not a lot more money to give. Just a thought. Also write a thank you after. I seriously think that's what possibly got me my unsolicited increase. I sent a handwritten one.
That has been a general observation of mine as well. Not sure what it means though. They may have denied mine because they know who I am and they know I am coming. :D

2013esq

Bronze

Post by 2013esq » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm

romothesavior wrote:
robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

That has been a general observation of mine as well. Not sure what it means though. They may have denied mine because they know who I am and they know I am coming. :D
Makes perfect sense. Nice call on the thank you note Robin! I can't imagine that I'd get any increase at this point but I'll probably try anyway.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”