WUSTL Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Rock Chalk

Silver

Re: WUSTL Class of 2013

Post by Rock Chalk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 pm

robin600 wrote:A11, classes Monday-Friday 9am M-Th, but I guess I got both of the highly regarded profs so can't complain!
Anyone in A11?
I am.

ec2xs

Bronze

Post by ec2xs » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
robin600 wrote:A11, classes Monday-Friday 9am M-Th, but I guess I got both of the highly regarded profs so can't complain!
Anyone in A11?
I am.
+1

At least it's fairly consistent. Prevent me from erratic sleeping patterns.

ninano

New

Post by ninano » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm in A11.
Question: Did anyone find Torts & Compensation- Dobbs-6th edition at a cheaper price than the bookstore's used price? This will be the only book on the required reading list that I'm buying from the bookstore!

mamba_barnacle

New

Post by mamba_barnacle » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:54 pm

najumobi wrote:no classes on wednesdays and only one class on fridays 10-11.
i have moul, bertram, degeest, mandelker, tamanaha.....who's else is in this section?
I'm in this section too.

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:11 pm

ec2xs wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:
Anyone in A11?
I am.
+1

At least it's fairly consistent. Prevent me from erratic sleeping patterns.
Yeah, I don't mine 9:00 classes at all. Initially I was annoyed by all the breaks which extend our days much longer than necessary, but they'll be good for quick reviews before/after class. Plus we'll only be in class past 2:20 once a week.

TBH, I was hoping for B7, but this will do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GetThere

New

Post by GetThere » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:20 pm

For those looking for books without highlight marks all over them, I went to the bookstore earlier today. I spent a little under $500, and got my books new. The school has a rent program where you can rent new books (and i think used ones as well); they are due back on Dec 22, and exams will be done by then anyway. And, they allow highlighting and writing in the book.

Sweet...

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:21 pm

GetThere wrote:For those looking for books without highlight marks all over them, I went to the bookstore earlier today. I spent a little under $500, and got my books new. The school has a rent program where you can rent new books (and i think used ones as well); they are due back on Dec 22, and exams will be done by then anyway. And, they allow highlighting and writing in the book.

Sweet...
How much does it cost to rent?

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
GetThere wrote:For those looking for books without highlight marks all over them, I went to the bookstore earlier today. I spent a little under $500, and got my books new. The school has a rent program where you can rent new books (and i think used ones as well); they are due back on Dec 22, and exams will be done by then anyway. And, they allow highlighting and writing in the book.

Sweet...
Substantially less. Probably around 1/2 price, and you get the new editions for cheaper than used books.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:It just kind of dawned on me all of a suddent that I won't be coming back here, and I just let out a good long cry. I'm such a baby.
Well, literally, you're the class baby as well, so we'll forgive you for now. :D
8) I appreciate it.

Just bought books. Spent $391. Very happy with myself.
nice work...i didn't get as good of deals as you @ $460 but i still spent less than half of the $1000 i budget for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

maximus32

New

Post by maximus32 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Yo,

I'm in F1...

How do I go about getting into the facebook group? I searched for it but cannot find it.

GetThere

New

Post by GetThere » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:53 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:

Sweet...
Substantially less. Probably around 1/2 price, and you get the new editions for cheaper than used books.
For example, I paid 78$ to rent my contracts book new for the year. If I bought it new outright, it would be $131. Every casebook I bought I was able to rent.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:01 pm

JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Here is the latest list of people going to the Cardinals game:

Romo
Stephanie-(2 tickets)
NU Jet
Strato
Panadera
Ec2xs
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini-
Ziggystardust***
Jcougar
JC631
Publius- (2 tickets)
Chareth
La Grind
Folgers
Dr. Bulldog
final aspects***
Deebs
Mbaino
Ninano
Camstant

*** Ziggy and final aspects, I do not have confirmation from you. I need you to PM me and let you know if you're going or not, and I also need your name (so I can find you on Facebook) or your email address.

The rest of you: If you are not going anymore, please let me know ASAP. I will send out a message on Facebook (or an email if you don't have Facebook) over the weekend with details on the game. So please check your Facebook periodically so you'll know what is going on.

I have one last ticket if anybody wants it! PM me if you do.

I am really stoked about this game. I am pretty sure Wainwright will be pitching, so we should see a real gem!
Does this give us enough people for a scoreboard shout-out?
Yes, but I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to be like, "Washington University Law Class of 2013" since technically we're doing this on our own and the outing isn't affiliated with the university. I think I can probably still call and get it done, so what do you guys think? Should I check with the law school?

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
Anyone in A11?
I am.
I'm in section A, but my LP and LRM times are different than any times on the link someone posted so I have no clue what number I fall into. LP is MW at 10 and LRM is W at 1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:
JCougar wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Here is the latest list of people going to the Cardinals game:

Romo
Stephanie-(2 tickets)
NU Jet
Strato
Panadera
Ec2xs
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini-
Ziggystardust***
Jcougar
JC631
Publius- (2 tickets)
Chareth
La Grind
Folgers
Dr. Bulldog
final aspects***
Deebs
Mbaino
Ninano
Camstant

*** Ziggy and final aspects, I do not have confirmation from you. I need you to PM me and let you know if you're going or not, and I also need your name (so I can find you on Facebook) or your email address.

The rest of you: If you are not going anymore, please let me know ASAP. I will send out a message on Facebook (or an email if you don't have Facebook) over the weekend with details on the game. So please check your Facebook periodically so you'll know what is going on.

I am really stoked about this game. I am pretty sure Wainwright will be pitching, so we should see a real gem!
Yes, but I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to be like, "Washington University Law Class of 2013" since technically we're doing this on our own and the outing isn't affiliated with the university. I think I can probably still call and get it done, so what do you guys think? Should I check with the law school?
We can always just make up a name.

jumpropeck

New

Post by jumpropeck » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm

maximus32 wrote:Yo,

I'm in F1...

How do I go about getting into the facebook group? I searched for it but cannot find it.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 693&ref=ts

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:11 pm

deebs wrote:
Rock Chalk wrote:
Anyone in A11?
I am.
I'm in section A, but my LP and LRM times are different than any times on the link someone posted so I have no clue what number I fall into. LP is MW at 10 and LRM is W at 1
Looks like your LRM is with A12, LP MW at 10 is weird. None of the sections, according to the chart, have LP MW at 10. Maybe you're alone :shock: .

vartan

New

Post by vartan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Hey everyone, just found out I'm in section C6. I moved into STL today and it is incredibly hot right now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:15 pm

Rock Chalk wrote: Looks like your LRM is with A12, LP MW at 10 is weird. None of the sections, according to the chart, have LP MW at 10. Maybe you're alone :shock: .
Haha, lowering that avg class size. I still have koby And berwick so maybe they just changed A12's time? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:10 pm

camstant wrote:Only one on friday for me. I have shields, bondareff, drobak, greenfield, and norwood--sound familiar to anyone else?
i'm the same as you are. C5

welkyn

New

Post by welkyn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Just found out I'm in section F2. anyone else?

publiuspublicola

Bronze

Post by publiuspublicola » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:09 pm

So just finished my marathon overnight drive from Boulder. Have all of our stuff in our place in De Mun but tomorrow is looking like a long day of unpacking. Still -- pumped to be in town, and my neighborhood is great. Went to a great hipster pizza joint for dinner tonight on Clayton Rd across from Schnucks.

Also, najumobi & romo -- same schedule. I think Weds off is great.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:So just finished my marathon overnight drive from Boulder. Have all of our stuff in our place in De Mun but tomorrow is looking like a long day of unpacking. Still -- pumped to be in town, and my neighborhood is great. Went to a great hipster pizza joint for dinner tonight on Clayton Rd across from Schnucks.

i tried Iron Barley tonight for dinner, on 5510 Virginia Avenue. found great reviews. small place but the food was great and the environment friendly.

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:19 pm

publiuspublicola wrote:So just finished my marathon overnight drive from Boulder. Have all of our stuff in our place in De Mun but tomorrow is looking like a long day of unpacking. Still -- pumped to be in town, and my neighborhood is great. Went to a great hipster pizza joint for dinner tonight on Clayton Rd across from Schnucks.

Was it Katie's?

I live off Demun and the neighborhood seems fantastic.

reo2222

New

Post by reo2222 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Is the Orientation mandatory? I might have to delay my arrival in St. Louis, and I'm not sure how much trouble I'll get into for missing a day or three.

ninano

New

Post by ninano » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:30 pm

robin600 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
JCougar wrote:

Romo
Stephanie-(2 tickets)
NU Jet
Strato
Panadera
Ec2xs
Robin
2013esq
Mazzini-
Ziggystardust***
Jcougar
JC631
Publius- (2 tickets)
Chareth
La Grind
Folgers
Dr. Bulldog
final aspects***
Deebs
Mbaino
Ninano
Camstant

We can always just make up a name.
I think one of us should call the law school to see if we can say "Washington University Law Class of 2013" . Let's get this class pride party started early!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”