UC Davis Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
katalatriste
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby katalatriste » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 pm

jahallc wrote:
katalatriste wrote:hello! looks like im gonna be part of the class of 2013 =)


Congrats! Did you recently get accepted, or did you just make the decision =)?


i got in on the 24th and i'm almost sure i'm going! unless usc gets back to me with a wait-list decision...lol

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby 20160810 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:21 pm

katalatriste wrote:
jahallc wrote:
katalatriste wrote:hello! looks like im gonna be part of the class of 2013 =)


Congrats! Did you recently get accepted, or did you just make the decision =)?


i got in on the 24th and i'm almost sure i'm going! unless usc gets back to me with a wait-list decision...lol


Don't rule out Davis anyway. USC got back to me with a WL decision last summer (admittedly in August when it would have been a pain in the ass to move to LA, but still) and here I am. :mrgreen:

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby calgal17 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi everyone! I just got accepted and I'm really excited!! :D

Who's going to the ASD? We should have a TLS meet-up.

jahallc
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby jahallc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm

calgal17 wrote:Hi everyone! I just got accepted and I'm really excited!! :D

Who's going to the ASD? We should have a TLS meet-up.


Congrats, calgal17! I wish I were going to be at the ASD. I have to attend my best friend's wedding. Do you think you'll be attending in the fall?

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby calgal17 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Not sure yet, but I think there's a very good chance!

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby 20160810 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:27 am

calgal17 wrote:Hi everyone! I just got accepted and I'm really excited!! :D

Who's going to the ASD? We should have a TLS meet-up.


Big ups! Someone let me know when the ASD is, and if there are enough TLSers in attendance, I will try and put something together if I'm not dying of finals.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby Mosca » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:47 am

.
Last edited by Mosca on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby calgal17 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:24 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
calgal17 wrote:Hi everyone! I just got accepted and I'm really excited!! :D

Who's going to the ASD? We should have a TLS meet-up.


Big ups! Someone let me know when the ASD is, and if there are enough TLSers in attendance, I will try and put something together if I'm not dying of finals.


Sweet! I would love to hang out with an actual Davis student who can tell us what it's really like and make friends with my potentially new classmates! :D

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby 20160810 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

calgal17 wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
calgal17 wrote:Hi everyone! I just got accepted and I'm really excited!! :D

Who's going to the ASD? We should have a TLS meet-up.


Big ups! Someone let me know when the ASD is, and if there are enough TLSers in attendance, I will try and put something together if I'm not dying of finals.


Sweet! I would love to hang out with an actual Davis student who can tell us what it's really like and make friends with my potentially new classmates! :D


It's a lot of fun here. We can get some TLS folks together and grab Burgers and Brew (an excellent high-quality burger joint in downtown Davis). As for Davis being better than WUSTL, it is if you want a job in CA. Otherwise I'd probably go to WUSTL. I picked UCD over BU/GW for that reason.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby jks289 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:48 pm

I posted this in the other thread but maybe you guys can answer. I just got an email about my Need Access financial aid grant and what I qualify for in federeal loans. I haven't recieved the admissions packet yet. Will merit aid but included in that (if I get any) or is this the total offer?

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Anyone going to the event in LA tonight?

User avatar
pootie
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby pootie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm going to the April 10 ASD and want to meet the other TLS peeps, so count me in for burgers and brew!

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby 20160810 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:53 pm

pootie wrote:I'm going to the April 10 ASD and want to meet the other TLS peeps, so count me in for burgers and brew!


Last year we went to Woodstock's before the school year for the 2012 TLS meetup. It started out a little awkward, but then most people had too much to drink, which helped.

jahallc
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby jahallc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Bump.

Anyone interested in starting a Class of 2013 Facebook group? :D

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby Inygma » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Gooooood chance ill be at davis the next 3 years! Facebook group goooo!

jahallc
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby jahallc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Inygma wrote:Gooooood chance ill be at davis the next 3 years! Facebook group goooo!


I'm glad UCD showed you some love this week, Inygma! I'm terrible with Facebook. If you know how to create a group, I'll gladly join haha.

User avatar
calgal17
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 am

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby calgal17 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Inygma wrote:Gooooood chance ill be at davis the next 3 years! Facebook group goooo!



YAY! Congrats! So happy for you! :D

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm

calgal17 wrote:
Inygma wrote:Gooooood chance ill be at davis the next 3 years! Facebook group goooo!



YAY! Congrats! So happy for you! :D


Thanks!

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm

jahallc wrote:
Inygma wrote:Gooooood chance ill be at davis the next 3 years! Facebook group goooo!


I'm glad UCD showed you some love this week, Inygma! I'm terrible with Facebook. If you know how to create a group, I'll gladly join haha.


Facebook group is up! Send me a PM with your real name so I can invite you...or search for it on facebook. I left it at open-access so people not on TLS can join up also.

User avatar
ozarkhack
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby ozarkhack » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 pm

When I opened the decision pdf on Friday evening, my SO cried with joy. (Her folk live just on the other side of Sacramento, and she desperately wants to return.) ...

So, to stay in her good graces (and ... those of her family, which might kill me if I get accepted to UW/Vandy and decide to go there) ... I'm 95% sure I'll be at Davis this fall. Hastings could also change things by yanking me from the WL before, say, mid-June.

In any case, I'm 100% sure I'll be at ASD on the 10th (anybody going to reception on the 9th?).

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby Inygma » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:25 pm

ozarkhack wrote:When I opened the decision pdf on Friday evening, my SO cried with joy. (Her folk live just on the other side of Sacramento, and she desperately wants to return.) ...

So, to stay in her good graces (and ... those of her family, which might kill me if I get accepted to UW/Vandy and decide to go there) ... I'm 95% sure I'll be at Davis this fall. Hastings could also change things by yanking me from the WL before, say, mid-June.

In any case, I'm 100% sure I'll be at ASD on the 10th (anybody going to reception on the 9th?).


Congrats! I am planning on going to both. It will be a long day, because that night there is a alumni mixer in Sacramento also for Davis.

User avatar
ozarkhack
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby ozarkhack » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Inygma wrote:
ozarkhack wrote:When I opened the decision pdf on Friday evening, my SO cried with joy. (Her folk live just on the other side of Sacramento, and she desperately wants to return.) ...

So, to stay in her good graces (and ... those of her family, which might kill me if I get accepted to UW/Vandy and decide to go there) ... I'm 95% sure I'll be at Davis this fall. Hastings could also change things by yanking me from the WL before, say, mid-June.

In any case, I'm 100% sure I'll be at ASD on the 10th (anybody going to reception on the 9th?).


Congrats! I am planning on going to both. It will be a long day, because that night there is a alumni mixer in Sacramento also for Davis.


Thanks.

I'd go to both, but I'm going to visit Hastings on Friday. I'm just assuming that visit means I can't make the reception either.

Then again ... if the reception is open bar, maybe I'll just say, "Screw Hastings! Gimme six Schlitzes!"

SkyRiver
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby SkyRiver » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 am

Just joined the Facebook group. Wish I could go to ASD with the rest of you guys but the $150 travel stipend doesn't cut it (I'm a broke college student in Boston right now).

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:01 pm

SkyRiver wrote:Just joined the Facebook group. Wish I could go to ASD with the rest of you guys but the $150 travel stipend doesn't cut it (I'm a broke college student in Boston right now).


Understandable, good luck with the rest of your choices, and thanks for joining the group!

User avatar
pootie
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: UC Davis Class of 2013

Postby pootie » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:21 pm

I joined the facebook group! Looks like I'm the only girl in our class so far.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests