Chicago-Kent Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
lawdogg

Re: Chicago-Kent Class of 2013

Postby lawdogg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 am

b.j. wrote:Anyone here of anything in regards to deferred or wait listed applicants?

Mine was a deferred decision, but I got the acceptance letter within a month or so of getting the news of the deferment.

So I wrote to Tailor Lofts asking if they'd modify the lease to permit (penalized) early lease termination. I really hope they are willing to be flexible ...

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Section: B

Contracts: Harris, S.

Criminal Law: Bailey

Torts: Buccafusco

Anyone hear anything about those three?

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:11 pm

Criminal Law: Rudstein

Torts: Brill

Legal Writing: TBA

Also...has anyone submitted the immunization form yet? That thing is giving me an ulcer. I don't ever go to the doctor and currently don't have any health insurance so making an appointment just to have a random doctor re-write my original shot record on a piece of paper seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I emailed the health center at IIT and they said not to worry about the signed portion, just to fill it out, attach a copy of my original shot record, and send it. Hope there are no problems.

gardners2

Postby gardners2 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 pm

as stars burn wrote:Criminal Law: Rudstein

Also...has anyone submitted the immunization form yet? That thing is giving me an ulcer. I don't ever go to the doctor and currently don't have any health insurance so making an appointment just to have a random doctor re-write my original shot record on a piece of paper seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I emailed the health center at IIT and they said not to worry about the signed portion, just to fill it out, attach a copy of my original shot record, and send it. Hope there are no problems.

Get your UG health dep to fill it out. Mine did it over a year after graduation

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 pm

gardners2 wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Criminal Law: Rudstein

Get your UG health dep to fill it out. Mine did it over a year after graduation

I live a couple hours away from my UG, and just sent all the paperwork in already so hopefully I'm good with what the employee at IIT said. Thanks for the info. though. If they don't accept what I have I'll have to track down a doctor and get them to sign off before I move up :-/

lawdogg

Postby lawdogg » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 am

I have an apt. for a tetanus booster shot on the 8th, then I can send my form in.

Also still need a damn laptop.

angiej

Postby angiej » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 am

lawdogg wrote:I have an apt. for a tetanus booster shot on the 8th, then I can send my form in.

Have you checked out this thread -
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69703

If you can cut through all of the "fluff" you may get to something useful.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:41 am

lawdogg wrote:I have an apt. for a tetanus booster shot on the 8th, then I can send my form in.

I just found out my tetanus booster shot won't be accepted from my record because my effing doctor forgot to sign it!!! I got a call from the health center saying they won't accept it without a signature next to the shot. So, I too, will be getting a T.D. booster sometime next week so I can send in the form AGAIN. So lame. I HATE needles.

seeper

Postby seeper » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:16 pm

It looks to me like the only documentation we have to send in is that grey form with the doctor signature at the bottom - so if your health care provider has your records that you got the shot, couldn't they just sign a new form and send it in without having to get another shot?

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:46 pm

seeper wrote:It looks to me like the only documentation we have to send in is that grey form with the doctor signature at the bottom - so if your health care provider has your records that you got the shot, couldn't they just sign a new form and send it in without having to get another shot?

Well, it's kind of confusing. The thing is I can't actually remember getting the shot. All my doctor wrote on my shot record is "15 years old" T.D. "B"...there is no dosage, date or signature. So, when speaking with my mom it looks like the doc wrote that I was supposed to get it when I turned 15 but, in fact, never actually did. So, I'm about 95% sure that I'm due for the shot, so I'm just going to go spend the $120 and get it (since I don't have insurance right now). My family is in the military so I moved around a lot...to try to track down the doctor/hopsital that has my original records will take more time than I have right now. Thanks for the heads up though :) I'm just not looking forward to the shot.

Also, yes, you just need the gray form with the doc's signature, but when I contacted the health center they said I could just send in copies of my shot record...which is what I initially did. Except they saw I didn't have a TD booster.

LoyolaLaw2012

Postby LoyolaLaw2012 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 pm

as stars burn wrote:
seeper wrote:It looks to me like the only documentation we have to send in is that grey form with the doctor signature at the bottom - so if your health care provider has your records that you got the shot, couldn't they just sign a new form and send it in without having to get another shot?

Well, it's kind of confusing. The thing is I can't actually remember getting the shot. All my doctor wrote on my shot record is "15 years old" T.D. "B"...there is no dosage, date or signature. So, when speaking with my mom it looks like the doc wrote that I was supposed to get it when I turned 15 but, in fact, never actually did. So, I'm about 95% sure that I'm due for the shot, so I'm just going to go spend the $120 and get it (since I don't have insurance right now). My family is in the military so I moved around a lot...to try to track down the doctor/hopsital that has my original records will take more time than I have right now. Thanks for the heads up though :) I'm just not looking forward to the shot.

Also, yes, you just need the gray form with the doc's signature, but when I contacted the health center they said I could just send in copies of my shot record...which is what I initially did. Except they saw I didn't have a TD booster.

I had a similar problem before starting school. My advice is to call your health center on Kent's campus. My center allowed me to start classes, even though the shot was supposed to be mandatory before the first class. Also, the shot was very cheap through student health.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

LoyolaLaw2012 wrote:
as stars burn wrote:

I had a similar problem before starting school. My advice is to call your health center on Kent's campus. My center allowed me to start classes, even though the shot was supposed to be mandatory before the first class. Also, the shot was very cheap through student health.

Glad to see I'm not alone! Thanks for the help! I did contact Kent and was hoping they'd let me slide especially since my last TD was in 1998 (4 years older than what I'm required to have) but unfortunately, they said I have to get the shot...and it didn't sound like they were going to bend for me. I'm not moving out to Chicago until literately the day before orientation, and I'll need the shot before I can register for classes officially, so that's a little too close for comfort. I have an appt. tomorrow morning so even though it's $120 I don't want to spend...I just don't have too much of a choice.

seeper

Postby seeper » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 pm

The materials in the student handbook say that you have to return your immunization form before you can register for Spring classes. So I think you're probably OK for fall if you can save money by doing it as soon as you're under student health insurance. Worth checking into.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm

seeper wrote:The materials in the student handbook say that you have to return your immunization form before you can register for Spring classes. So I think you're probably OK for fall if you can save money by doing it as soon as you're under student health insurance. Worth checking into.

I just saw that in all the materials we received about a week ago. Thanks! :)

seeper

Postby seeper » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Good luck!

Bucky83

Postby Bucky83 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Has anyone else read the Law School Without Fear book? Just finished it...I actually enjoyed it. Pretty solid, practical advise.

LawMuns

Postby LawMuns » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 pm

i was pleasantly surprised as well.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 am

Bucky83 wrote:Has anyone else read the Law School Without Fear book? Just finished it...I actually enjoyed it. Pretty solid, practical advise.

I'm about halfway through, and I'm enjoying it so far!

lawdogg

Postby lawdogg » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 pm

I went to buy it and my local bookstore doesn't have it. :oops: Need to buy off amazon stat.

lawdogg

Postby lawdogg » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 am

So on myIIT, it isn't showing me registered for any classes. Is that bad?

LawMuns

Postby LawMuns » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:22 pm

If you check the "status checker" it should tell you if they received your registration form. On mine it said that they won't update your registration info on My IIT until after the deadline. Hope that helps.

Bucky83

Postby Bucky83 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Backing out of Chicago-Kent....will be going to Loyola Chicago after they called with a really solid scholarship offer. Good luck all!

awarunn

Postby awarunn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:56 am

Bucky,

I will be joining you at Loyola for the same reasons. I can't pass up this opportunity.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Good luck guys! Kent and Loyola are neck-n-neck as far as job prospects go...so more money is awesome!!

roofles

Postby roofles » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:38 pm

current status on status checker is -

Current Status: Registered and Enrolled
Current Status Date: 7/15/2010

:D

I guess that means they received all of my forms that were due today.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”