Indiana University - Bloomington 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Vincent Vega

Re: Indiana University - Bloomington 2013

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Snazzygirl wrote:Was just admitted off the waitlist today and will excitedly accept (waiting to hear back as to whether or not I can do the summer start). Coming from Milwaukee, WI...will not have a car. Are you all finding housing online or did you visit? And are places already signing leases to begin July 1? (other cities thought I was ridiculously for inquiring about housing 4 weeks out...).

Does anyone have an estimate of transportation costs? (e.g. to ride the bus?)

So excited to be part of the IUB 1013 Class!

I signed my lease in February, and I'm not moving in til August. Also, I PMed you.

superflush

Postby superflush » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Snazzygirl wrote:Does anyone have an estimate of transportation costs? (e.g. to ride the bus?)

So you hear that? transportation costs should be zero! You can't beat that. :D

Also, I hope you meant 2013. Otherwise, I might be in the wrong place.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:14 pm

superflush wrote:
Snazzygirl wrote:Does anyone have an estimate of transportation costs? (e.g. to ride the bus?)

Yeah, you should really be at the College of William the Conqueror Law School. They have a really strong program in serf law.

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
superflush wrote:

Yeah, you should really be at the College of William the Conqueror Law School. They have a really strong program in serf law.

YOU FOOL, WILLIAM THE CONQUEROR DIDN'T INVADE ENGLAND UNTIL 1066! HE WASN'T EVEN ALIVE IN 1013.

UNBELIEVABLE. EPIC FAIL.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 pm

danquayle wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:
superflush wrote:

YOU FOOL, WILLIAM THE CONQUEROR DIDN'T INVADE ENGLAND UNTIL 1066! HE WASN'T EVEN ALIVE IN 1013.

UNBELIEVABLE. EPIC FAIL.

MY BAD.

INCONCEIVABLE.

superflush

Postby superflush » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

What have I started.

Snazzygirl

Postby Snazzygirl » Sat May 01, 2010 9:50 pm

superflush wrote:

My bad. I hope my typing abilities improve before July. LOL

In my defense, at least I didn't stick a B.C. in there...

ChewbaccaDefense

Postby ChewbaccaDefense » Mon May 03, 2010 1:35 pm

I'll be visiting Bloomington on 5/19 - 21 to get a lay of the land (hopefully figure out how to get around without a car for the first year) and wrap up my housing. I wasn't admitted in time for ASD, so I'll take a walk through the campus and school. Of course, I'll also sample a few of the watering holes to find my favorite. Anybody in the area want to grab a few beers?

Oh, and speaking of which, when are all of the non-summer starters getting into town? It looks like all the leases in this town start on August 20th, but I'm going to be looking for an 8/1 move-in date. I want to spend some time relaxing at the lakes, hiking, quarry jumping, and whatever else there is to do locally before we lose our collective sanities.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Mon May 03, 2010 1:41 pm

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:I'll be visiting Bloomington on 5/19 - 21 to get a lay of the land (hopefully figure out how to get around without a car for the first year) and wrap up my housing. I wasn't admitted in time for ASD, so I'll take a walk through the campus and school. Of course, I'll also sample a few of the watering holes to find my favorite. Anybody in the area want to grab a few beers?

Oh, and speaking of which, when are all of the non-summer starters getting into town? It looks like all the leases in this town start on August 20th, but I'm going to be looking for an 8/1 move-in date. I want to spend some time relaxing at the lakes, hiking, quarry jumping, and whatever else there is to do locally before we lose our collective sanities.

The place I leased at has a move-in date of 8/3. I think all of the places owned by that company have the same deal. http://www.apartmentsbloomington.com

ChewbaccaDefense

Postby ChewbaccaDefense » Mon May 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Those Heritage apartments look pretty good. Thanks for the heads up.

Find anybody to split your pad at Steeplechase? It's a bit far for me (without a car), but the complex looks pretty spiffy.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Mon May 03, 2010 10:06 pm

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:Those Heritage apartments look pretty good. Thanks for the heads up.

Find anybody to split your pad at Steeplechase? It's a bit far for me (without a car), but the complex looks pretty spiffy.

I'm pretty sure someone is taking it. If it falls through, though, I'll let you know.

ChewbaccaDefense

Postby ChewbaccaDefense » Thu May 06, 2010 11:49 am

What's everybody doing with their summer?

I'm working through mid-July, then heading to Florida for two weeks to relax on the beach. I'll spend a week with the family at home, then move into Bloomington around the first week in August. I'd like to check out some of the quarries and state parks around the city while I'm getting set up. Any suggestions? If I have the time, I might also look for a few places to volunteer.

I'm also going to get in as good shape as I can before the school year starts. I'm committed to getting into a regular gym groove, but a little buffer room doesn't hurt.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu May 06, 2010 12:29 pm

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:What's everybody doing with their summer?

I am working at a summer camp from mid-May until mid-August. I worked there last summer as well, and I'm very excited to be going back. If I could be a full-time camp counselor, I wouldn't bother with law school.

xeckosk8trx

Postby xeckosk8trx » Mon May 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Hey everyone!! I was recently accepted to the Indiana University at Bloomington. I'm coming all the way from South Florida and want to know more about the housing/ apartment situation over there.

Any suggestions on apartments that are walking distance from the law school?

What is the atmosphere like in Bloomington? Typical college town?

Thank you in advance.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue May 11, 2010 2:42 am

xeckosk8trx wrote:Hey everyone!! I was recently accepted to the Indiana University at Bloomington. I'm coming all the way from South Florida and want to know more about the housing/ apartment situation over there.

Thank you in advance.

Well, the rent should be a lot cheaper than South Florida.
Yes, college town.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm

xeckosk8trx wrote:Hey everyone!! I was recently accepted to the Indiana University at Bloomington. I'm coming all the way from South Florida and want to know more about the housing/ apartment situation over there.

Thank you in advance.

Join the facebook page. There is some good info there about housing and so forth, and you can direct questions to current students.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2 ... 927&ref=ts

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

ChewbaccaDefense wrote:I'll be visiting Bloomington on 5/19 - 21 to get a lay of the land (hopefully figure out how to get around without a car for the first year) and wrap up my housing. I wasn't admitted in time for ASD, so I'll take a walk through the campus and school. Of course, I'll also sample a few of the watering holes to find my favorite. Anybody in the area want to grab a few beers?

I'll be there too. I should get there tomorrow.
I need to find an apartment.

superflush

Postby superflush » Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Man, where's the activity here.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 am

xeckosk8trx wrote:Any suggestions on apartments that are walking distance from the law school?

I didn't really give much info earlier. There are a handful of places within walking distance from the law school. There aren't really any "nice" 1br apartments still available that are walking distance, although there are still a few "nice" 2br apartments. There are definitely some 1br bedroom apartments within walking distance that are "decent." You definitely pay somewhat of a premium to be within walking distance, but I'm completely fine with that. And, depending on where your coming from & used to paying, you might not consider it to be much of a premium at all.

superflush

Postby superflush » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:27 pm

Last edited by superflush on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

heraper1003

Postby heraper1003 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

My university that I am attending to obtain my bachelors degree does not grade on a +/- scale but instead is on a 10-point scale as indicated by the following 100-90 = A, 89-80 = B, 79-70 = C, 69-60 = D, and 59 and below is F. How will such a grading scale compute when it is presented to be converted into my LSDAS. My gpa by the way is a 3.94. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Rabbitte

Postby Rabbitte » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
superflush wrote:

:lol:

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”